The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

And that's what it gets down to on this forum isn't it cowardly people hiding behind their key boards taking shots at people whose opinion they disagree with rather than have an actual discussion. I am not a Nichushkin fan boy , I merely stated that he was NHL ready. Using your logic Alex Chiasson must be the next coming of Gretzky , 8 goals in his first nine NHL games

wanna explain how I'm being cowardly? I'm not the one who started this thread or discussion I'm just the one pointing out that nichushkin clearly wasn't the obvious choice people think he was. I'm sure he's going to be a great nhler. could be better than boho who knows. I'm just shoving it in the face to those who over hyped this kid and blamed gillis for making a mistake. it could turn out that way in the future but again I'm not the one who started this crap.

but as for me being cowardly? ya I'm on a internet hockey discussion forum so I need to use a keyboard. and I didn't challenge you to a fight or call names so I don't get how I'm cowardly. I talk hockey with my buddies same as I do here and my opinion doesnt change. I mean if you want to talk hockey in person its kind of a far drive to windsor so you should head out like now and maybe we can catch next Friday's game together and discuss hockey. but other than that this is how I have to communicate with you guys. not simply because I'm "hiding".

And that's what it gets down to on this forum isn't it cowardly people hiding behind their key boards taking shots at people whose opinion they disagree with rather than have an actual discussion. I am not a Nichushkin fan boy , I merely stated that he was NHL ready. Using your logic Alex Chiasson must be the next coming of Gretzky , 8 goals in his first nine NHL games

Funny because weren't u the one who took a shot a ppl with a different opinion in the first place? Going as far as telling ppl to improve their comprehension skill and such

U are the one who keep offending ppl who think different from you dude.

Funny because weren't u the one who took a shot a ppl with a different opinion in the first place? Going as far as telling ppl to improve their comprehension skill and such

Stop grouping everyone together, just cause you're butthurt... And taking shots? All I see is him disagreeing with you, and only one of you is getting all emotional about it. =)

Stop grouping everyone together, just cause you're butthurt... And taking shots? All I see is him disagreeing with you, and only one of you is getting all emotional about it. =)

this was his fist comment relative to the conversation... I assume your talking about me.

and budhas is getting pretty offensive, calling me a coward behind a keyboard because I have a different opinion than him.

Horvat probably could have played as a decent third or fourth line shutdown center this season and done alright. But it would have been at the cost of developing his offensive game.

Another year in junior being "the guy" will likely have a huge impact on his game. Hopefully we'll see a much more offensively refined player next year who still can play an excellent two-way game.

Horvat 0games 0 goals 0 assists 0 points.

Nishushkin 2 games 0 goals 0 assists 0 points.

Horvat has done better . Game over

Winner.

/end thread.

Pretty stupid way to compare. Last I checked you can't win if you aren't even on the field/ice/court. Looks to me like Bo lost before the games started if this is how you compare them.

Pretty stupid way to compare. Last I checked you can't win if you aren't even on the field/ice/court. Looks to me like Bo lost before the games started if this is how you compare them.

You need to 'check' ? lol

You cant win if you dont play. True. You cant lose either.

Neither has won. Horvat hasnt lost. Nichushkin has lost

Winner = Horvat for not losing.

/end thread

Because he has already played against men in the KHL as a 17 year old and his GM coach think he is ready , from what i saw of them both in the pre-season , i think the coaches on both teams made the right decisions, Nichushkin showed enough to warrant a shot in the NHL , Horvat did not.

Jensen has played against men in Sweden and I heard he did quite well, yet I don't see him in our roster. And I wouldn't compare the leagues as one would assume defence is more demanding in the NHL.

Horvat and Shink played well enough to warrant a shot but throwing 18 year olds out there isn't a Canuck thing to do. Nichushkin won't have a good year but he will learn that there isn't as much space in the NHL to dipsy doodle with the puck.

Jensen has played against men in Sweden and I heard he did quite well, yet I don't see him in our roster. And I wouldn't compare the leagues as one would assume defence is more demanding in the NHL.

Horvat and Shink played well enough to warrant a shot but throwing 18 year olds out there isn't a Canuck thing to do. Nichushkin won't have a good year but he will learn that there isn't as much space in the NHL to dipsy doodle with the puck.

To be fair, Jensen is injured.

wanna explain how I'm being cowardly? I'm not the one who started this thread or discussion I'm just the one pointing out that nichushkin clearly wasn't the obvious choice people think he was. I'm sure he's going to be a great nhler. could be better than boho who knows. I'm just shoving it in the face to those who over hyped this kid and blamed gillis for making a mistake. it could turn out that way in the future but again I'm not the one who started this crap.

but as for me being cowardly? ya I'm on a internet hockey discussion forum so I need to use a keyboard. and I didn't challenge you to a fight or call names so I don't get how I'm cowardly. I talk hockey with my buddies same as I do here and my opinion doesnt change. I mean if you want to talk hockey in person its kind of a far drive to windsor so you should head out like now and maybe we can catch next Friday's game together and discuss hockey. but other than that this is how I have to communicate with you guys. not simply because I'm "hiding".

By your own admission you "take shots" at people who do not agree with your opinion , that is not having a discussion , that is bagging some one out, and I do not react well to some one bagging me out. I would love to watch a hockey game with you , hell I would love to go a hockey game , but I live in Melbourne.

You assumed I said something that I did not and I politely told you to improve your comprehension skills,this is a problem many users on this forum have. I treat others the way I want to be treated myself ,but when people bag me out I get a bit pissed.

Don't know a lot about Jensen so I am not going to comment and I was not comparing leagues i am saying he has played against men, and when you assume something you are making an ass out of u and me. Time will tell how Nichushkin does , i believe he will find his groove and be in the top 10 scoring rookies of 2013-2014 .

Don't know a lot about Jensen so I am not going to comment and I was not comparing leagues i am saying he has played against men, and when you assume something you are making an ass out of u and me. Time will tell how Nichushkin does , i believe he will find his groove and be in the top 10 scoring rookies of 2013-2014 .

Well how many rookies get top 6 minutes? So sure, your assumption that he'll be in the top 10 in rookie scoring is reasonable but it by no means is it that impressive. He has no points through 2 NHL games (VERY EARLY in the season) but Horvat has 6pts in 3 games for London

Well how many rookies get top 6 minutes? So sure, your assumption that he'll be in the top 10 in rookie scoring is reasonable but it by no means is it that impressive. He has no points through 2 NHL games (VERY EARLY in the season) but Horvat has 6pts in 3 games for London

Out of this years draft , Mckinnon , Barkov, Monahan all come to mind , and whatever the circumstances to finish top ten is a solid achievement and I think it will be more like top 5 , who would have thought that a 5th round , 147th pick would be in the running for the Calder last year. I do not know why people are comparing NIchushkins performance in the NHL to Horvats in a junior league playing against kids ,are you saying he would have scored 6 points in the NHL , if not then the comparison is irrelevant . And just to be clear because there are some many asses the that ume on this board , I think very highly of Horvat and think that he is going to be a very good 2 way centre ,I think Nichushkin is going to be a top 6 winger and both will make an impact in the NHL

Archived