The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

At this point, all we can do is speculate on how well either player will do. I suspect both will end up as top 6: one a C; the other a W. In most cases, a C is a more valued player than a W.

At the moment, the Nucks could really use a 2nd line scoring W, but the likelyhood of Nich fulfilling that role is dicey. However, if he steps into the role seemlessly, I can hear a lot of Nuck fans complaining that his scoring touch is exactly what the current (aging) core needs.

In the future, the Nucks will be looking at upgrading the 1st line or 2nd line C postion. Horvat will likely step into the position nicely.

He also has the flexibility to switch to W if need be. Next year, he will probably begin his career as the Nucks 3rd line C, where he will have a chance to continue his development without the ridiculous hype.

Hopefully, Shinkarauk will be our top 6 sniper next year.

Still don't know why this is as much of an issue as people are making it out to be. The fact of the matter is that a team can never have enough centremen. The Sedin's will probably be gone in about 6-7 years, at which point, Horvat will be 24-25, with Kesler being in his mid 30s. Wingers, while very necessary, are not nearly as sought after as a centreman.

Even if the Canucks didn't happen to get Shinkaruk, drafting Horvat was a better decision overall, simply based on the value of a centre position. However, the fact of the matter is the Canucks were able to get a quality winger with Hunter at the draft. Drafting both Nichushkin and Shinkaruk would have been a fail.

Don't know a lot about Jensen so I am not going to comment and I was not comparing leagues i am saying he has played against men, and when you assume something you are making an ass out of u and me. Time will tell how Nichushkin does , i believe he will find his groove and be in the top 10 scoring rookies of 2013-2014 .

So it's ok for you to make assumptions but me it's wrong? Nicely played centre of the universe, nicely played.

Still don't know why this is as much of an issue as people are making it out to be. The fact of the matter is that a team can never have enough centremen. The Sedin's will probably be gone in about 6-7 years, at which point, Horvat will be 24-25, with Kesler being in his mid 30s. Wingers, while very necessary, are not nearly as sought after as a centreman.

Even if the Canucks didn't happen to get Shinkaruk, drafting Horvat was a better decision overall, simply based on the value of a centre position. However, the fact of the matter is the Canucks were able to get a quality winger with Hunter at the draft. Drafting both Nichushkin and Shinkaruk would have been a fail.

This exactly....I don't know why some people can't get that; it's common sense, especially since centre was the weak spot heading into draft day.

Drafting a winger first would make about as much sense as picking a goalie first...

This whole topic was ridiculous to begin with in my opinion. Its almost a spite thread for Gillis with some 'nyah nyah told ya so' thrown in the minute Nuchishkin scores a goal . There is no way you can have a serious, comprehensive debate over who we 'shudda' drafted at this point in their careers.

You need to add in heavily subjective spin to even begin to build a case either way. They are just kids still.

Nichushkin day 3 recap:

Dallas wins 4-1. Nichushkin 0 shots on goal, 4 PIMS, 2 hits, 12:51 of icetime, 0:39 of PP time. 0:00 SH time. 0% on faceoffs.

...we missed out guys, should of picked this stud. It's been 3 or 4 games already for Dallas and this superstar is yet to tally a single point, in all is a minus player, coach demoted him off the PP, hasn't even used on the PK (hence his amazing defensive game), and has been given less icetime every game.

Seems like a case of his coach trusts him and is willing to play him on any situation, that's what he said didn't he? LOL :lol:

Nichushkin day 3 recap:

Dallas wins 4-1. Nichushkin 0 shots on goal, 4 PIMS, 2 hits, 12:51 of icetime, 0:39 of PP time. 0:00 SH time. 0% on faceoffs.

...we missed out guys, should of picked this stud. It's been 3 or 4 games already for Dallas and this superstar is yet to tally a single point, in all is a minus player, coach demoted him off the PP, hasn't even used on the PK (hence his amazing defensive game), and has been given less icetime every game.

Seems like a case of his coach trusts him and is willing to play him on any situation, that's what he said didn't he? LOL :lol:

lol so this super russian has 1 shot in 3 games?

So it's ok for you to make assumptions but me it's wrong? Nicely played centre of the universe, nicely played.

You obviously do not know what the word assume means , nowhere in this thread did I assume anything. And what is the centre of the universe crap , teenage twaddle ?

You obviously do not know what the word assume means , nowhere in this thread did I assume anything. And what is the centre of the universe crap , teenage twaddle ?

actually you are the one who assume Nichushkin is ready and that he's better than Horvat. And when ppl explained to you that Nichushkin making the team doesn't mean he's ready until we see him play, you flipped out.

0 points 0 hit and 0 shot again tonight. He's doing so good that we should draft him ahead of Horvat and slot him in our roster this year huh?

actually you are the one who assume Nichushkin is ready and that he's better than Horvat. And when ppl explained to you that Nichushkin making the team doesn't mean he's ready until we see him play, you flipped out.

0 points 0 hit and 0 shot again tonight. He's doing so good that we should draft him ahead of Horvat and slot him in our roster this year huh?

He floats around the ice because he is just a kid and doesnt have a lot of hockey sense. Stars needed to sell tickets so they kept him up here. He gets 5 more games and unless he starts scoring hat tricks, they have to send him back to junior for his own development.

Horvat>>>> Nichushkin

He floats around the ice because he is just a kid and doesnt have a lot of hockey sense. Stars needed to sell tickets so they kept him up here. He gets 5 more games and unless he starts scoring hat tricks, they have to send him back to junior for his own development.

Horvat>>>> Nichushkin

and that's why it was dumb for someone who insist he was NHL ready and was a superior player over Horvat.

one more thing is that the Stars will have trouble sending him to juniors because Nichushkin had stated that he would be playing in the KHL if he doesn't make it to the NHL. The stars will be taking a big risk letting him go back to KHL if they send him down.

Archived