The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lightning send 2013 first-rounder Drouin back to juniors

Steve Yzerman had one tough call to make:

Tampa Bay’s 2013 first-round pick won’t be winning the Calder Trophy this year.

The Lightning announced they’re sending third overall pick Jonathan Drouin back to his junior team in Halifax. Just yesterday we shared here how GM Steve Yzerman had a difficult decision on whether to keep their hot prospect or send him back. Clearly the team feels it’s better for his development to head back to the QMJHL.

Some fans may get critical of the move, but it’s one that can work out and the Lightning just need to look across the state for a prime example of that.

Florida’s Jonathan Huberdeau didn’t join the Panthers immediately after being drafted in 2011, but he turned his first NHL season last year into a Calder Trophy-winning one. Lightning fans may want to see just what they got for such a bad season last year but they’ll have to be patient.

As for Drouin, the rest of the QMJHL should be terrified to see him back after the numbers he put up last season (41-64-105) in 49 games.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/29/lightning-send-2013-first-rounder-drouin-back-to-juniors/

SORRY for posting here, I need help before my draft starts in 20 min

but I need your guys's opinion, My league has total 17 categories ( espn rotisserie ) of 17, 7 are for goalies. I have 4th pick and I was hoping to land on of the big 4 but now that I think about it shouldn't I take goalies first and attempt to dominate those 7 categories ?

Wins (W) Shots Against (SA) Goals Against (GA)* Saves (SV) Shutouts (SO) Goals Against Average (GAA)* Save Percentage (SV%)* *Minimum 60 GS

cheers

SORRY for posting here, I need help before my draft starts in 20 min

but I need your guys's opinion, My league has total 17 categories ( espn rotisserie ) of 17, 7 are for goalies. I have 4th pick and I was hoping to land on of the big 4 but now that I think about it shouldn't I take goalies first and attempt to dominate those 7 categories ?

Wins (W) Shots Against (SA) Goals Against (GA)* Saves (SV) Shutouts (SO) Goals Against Average (GAA)* Save Percentage (SV%)* *Minimum 60 GS

cheers

My draft was today, and I thought about picking him and thought that I had better check to see if he had been sent down.

Turns out this happened about 15 minutes before I was going to pick. Didn't tell anyone about it.

Just a couple picks later somebody else took him.

Keeping that to myself really worked out well.

Can't believe so many experts had this guy as a fantasy pick above much more established star players.

It just goes t show top 3 picks aren't always guaranteed to make the NHL at 18. Even on a team without a ton of depth like Tampa.

It looks like both the Mooseheads and the Knights will be very strong teams again this year.

Archived