The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Motorcyclist charged after video catches violent swarming of family on NYC highway

-Vintage Canuck-

I am in no way condoning anyone's actions in this incident but...........I had no idea that being surrounded by bikes means you can run over(attempt to kill) people without consequence? If the driver of the SUV does not get charged for attempted murder than this is a complete joke. On the flip side those bikers asked for this kind of incident by riding around like blind ignorant fools on the streets. Everyone in this situation is to blame. Especially the fellow riders who could not recognize a situation that was escalating. How did cooler heads not prevail ???

Right after they originally stopped and surrounded the range rover you can see at least one guy physically attacking the suv. It doesnt take a genius to see that the driver was in serious danger at that point. Considering the size of the mob surrounding him, and being that they were beginning to attack the vehicle in an attempt to get him out and attack him further, I consider this a clear cut case of self defense. What other options did he have? Stay and potentially get beaten to death in front of his family? That was literally his only other option.

Watch the rest of the video. The driver could have run down many more bikers if he wanted. There was one part of the video where a group of bikers drove ahead and blocked off the highway to divert the suv to an offramp which would obviously lead to city streets and traffic congestion... so they could, get this.. get him out and attack him, which is exactly what they did. But the driver could of easily rammed through those guys blocking the highway at 120kmh if he really wanted. He also could have done more damage when he was finally stopped if he chose to simply put his suv in reverse and gun it.

You can clearly see this driver wanted no part of the situation from the moment his vehicle was first attacked. You can also see that this group of bikers were out for blood pretty much from the get go. These bozo's did a great job of not giving this man any other choice but run them over. If you back a dog into a corner don't cry to everyone when you get bit.

I am in no way condoning anyone's actions in this incident but...........I had no idea that being surrounded by bikes means you can run over(attempt to kill) people without consequence? If the driver of the SUV does not get charged for attempted murder than this is a complete joke. On the flip side those bikers asked for this kind of incident by riding around like blind ignorant fools on the streets. Everyone in this situation is to blame. Especially the fellow riders who could not recognize a situation that was escalating. How did cooler heads not prevail ???

His intentions weren't to run the guy over, it was to get the hell away. Like it was mention above he could have run a lot more over if he wanted to and it would be quite clear what his intentions were, but he merely clipped a guy that was blocking his path out. To think that you want him charged with attempted murder is a complete joke.

Driver slows and is cautious and nothing at all happens. Believe me.

Driver of SUV obeys rules of the road, Bikers didn't they get mad and it is SUV drivers fault? what ever happened to 1 vehicle per lane this applies to Bikes also you know.

that's it. who wants to start a Silverado gang to rival their motorcycle gang?

who's In?

I'm in with my 1000ft lbs Duramax.

From the video I would have done the same as the SUV driver, sadly with the sheer weight of my truck I would have killed someone. I hope no bikers start swarming me and my family.

I'm in with my 1000ft lbs Duramax.

From the video I would have done the same as the SUV driver, sadly with the sheer weight of my truck I would have killed someone. I hope no bikers start swarming me and my family.

ya I mean there maybe a lot of those bikes but in the end they'd just be bugs on my grille If I really wanted them to be.

I wonder how this would be perceived if he was alone in the car and couldn't plead the....protecting my family case.....hypothetically, would he be getting roasted right now? the actions of the bikers haven't changed.

If he was by himself, I'd feel the same way. I didn't even know his family was in there until afterwards.

If he was by himself, I'd feel the same way. I didn't even know his family was in there until afterwards.

ok, personally yes, I feel the same way but, this guy is up against public opinion, which I think is swinging in his favour but what about the courts. That's, a whole other thing. I guess he is lucky that there was some go-pro footage from one of the bikers. They probably submitted it to the cops to plead their case and it ended up being used against them:-)

I don't think its fair to say its a good thing that the biker is now paralyzed but his family also cannot say the driver of the SUV is at fault. The biker was simply in the wrong spot at the wrong time and hanging out with the wrong group. If anything the other bikers are at fault for the paralyzed man.

that's it. who wants to start a Silverado gang to rival their motorcycle gang?

who's In?

I'm in

I saw someone mpost this comment; "From a truck driver:

Michael Xavier Kaulbach: As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey

and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few

things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride

in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they

pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the

targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "

brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a

minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle

. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the

person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the

vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not

to stop.

PRAISE THE LORD THAT MR. Mieses CAN NO LONGER DO HARM TO OTHERS!!

THANK YOU MR. LIEN!"

on this article, and I don't doubt the comment one bit!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

For the Silverado gang Gooseberries mentioned, I think you should invite me and Colon with our Fords into this gang. Aside from being the superior trucks :P the more numbers the better. The eco boost engine will come in handy when there are six bikers underneath being dragged across the freeway.

We can be the convoy from hell

Archived