The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 10:00 AM | SNET-P

Blueberries

Not feelin the idea of Kes with the twins long term if the roster stays as is. We have had problems scoring from the 2nd line in the past, now we're taking the best player away from it... If it's just to get him going while Burr is out then I think its fine.

The thing is, having Kesler on the second line has been pretty ineffective for awhile now. And then having no threat on the second line puts more pressure on the Sedins, and the other team focuses all their energy on them.

At least with a loaded up first line, we have one dominant line that is more likely to come through with some points. Plus with the way Santorelli has been playing, he's been a better fit in that role than Kesler has been lately.

I have no problem with it as a means to get the team going. I like that we have it as an option if the team struggles offensively down the road. It's not too different from what the Pens do with Crosby and Malkin.

You know what says a lot in this interview?

When he says he has no problem loading up a line, said he isn't sure it is really loading up a line, "Maybe with the Names it is"

I don't care who you were, show me who you are.

Is what I get from that

Noticed that too. Awesome line.

And he's not just saying that players have to be held accountable, he's following through.

It's evidenced by having Bieksa in the bottom pairing in practice. Or rewarding Higgins for his hard work by putting him on the top line. Players seem to really respond when a coach does that. It shows that no player is bigger than the team.

Archived