The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

Kesler+ for Kane is a basis I would really consider. I hope MG takes a good hard look at this kid. He fits the bill for the 'younger, tougher' identity he was going for.

Kes waives his no trade to go to winterpeg why?

Closer to detroit yes but years away from being a contender.

Yeah, I'm not sure this team is in a position where we could afford to part with Horvat even if it was for Evander Kane.

Philly is in a much better position to jump on this.

We are a playoff team with a core that isn't likely to change any time soon. Moving top prospects for roster players is kind of the traditional play.

Kane takes away a spot for an upcoming prospect as long as we aren't moving a roster player.

Yes to Kane - apparently he loves it here and wanted to be drafted here. Bring in Buff who can eat up top 2 dman minutes and versatile to be our version of Burns 2.0 as a forward; single handedly destroyed us in the early Chicago series with his size.... This is the type of deal Gillis needs to make to acquire 2 young and quality players.....

Byfuglien + Kane + Tangradi

for

Edler + Schroeder + Jensen + Gaunce + Booth (we pay all of his contract this year) + 4th round this year that moves to a 1st if we make the conference finals

MAKE THE MOVE GILLIS!

You can't do that. You can only retain up to 50% of salary (with an equal percentage of cap) and that can't change from year to year. So we could try and retain 50% of Booth's contract at max and it'd be for the remainder of his contract.

The Jets don't bite on that deal at all, and why would they unless Kane was forcing their hand? And why would Edler accept a deal to Winnipeg if they did like all the bits and pieces we're giving them (past Edler) for two of their top players?

Winnipeg doesn't want D, they want immediate offensive help in the top 6 if they look to trade Kane.

I think they're fine with Little, Jokinen, and Scheifele as their top 3 centers.

Enstrom - Byfuglien

???? - Bogosian

Stuart - Trouba

Edler would give them a disgusting defence and I think that would be something for them to strongly consider.

I'd make that trade.......makes sense for both teams

Deadline AAV

icon_10chart-blue_help.png $5,267,128

Well, would you look at that. Just enough cap space to squeeze in a $5.25m cap hit at the deadline.

Do we even have the assets Cheveldayoff would be asking for in return? I'm guessing it would start with Horvat, Jannik Hansen, and who knows what else.

I'm not so sure they'd be wanting prospects. jets are in a "start winning asap" mindset......they've had good crowds, but they need some success.

As some people have stated on here, IF Kane is moved, the Canucks would be in a bidding war, and would lose. The Jets don't need a defensemen, they need help up front. Top centre OR top winger to fill Kane's void is a must.

Also, any prospects they would demand coming back, wouldn't be low valued prospects (ie: Jensen, Gaunce), they would be high prospects (ie: Horvat, Shinkaruk). Kane is a top end talent that needs a top line centre to work with.

Plenty of teams would be lining up to move their young, top prospects to land a guy like Kane, someone who averages 50 point seasons on a Winnipeg team that can't score goals.

Bogosian makes his fair share of brutal mistakes, he led the team in giveaways in their inaugural season.

Edler's is absolutely flabbergasting to watch play D most of the time, I'm not defending him.

True that, Bogosian does make some mistakes for sure. I've seen a couple bad ones ... but he's progessing into a pretty fine player and that first year was a complete write off as he should have never made the team and Atlanta were horrible as well. He played 81 games as an 18 year old.

Evander kane is from here, wants to be THE star of a team and has swagger and toughness that we severely lack. I honestly cant think of a better fit than vancouver for him. Edler, Burrows, 2nd would be a solid offer. Burrows can replace him for the time being and Edler would give them the toughest D-Core in the NHL. Perhaps the 2nd rounder can be next year because it would be a really deep draft and would almost be like a late 1st rounder. Thoughts?

As some people have stated on here, IF Kane is moved, the Canucks would be in a bidding war, and would lose. The Jets don't need a defensemen, they need help up front. Top centre OR top winger to fill Kane's void is a must.

Also, any prospects they would demand coming back, wouldn't be low valued prospects (ie: Jensen, Gaunce), they would be high prospects (ie: Horvat, Shinkaruk). Kane is a top end talent that needs a top line centre to work with.

Plenty of teams would be lining up to move their young, top prospects to land a guy like Kane, someone who averages 50 point seasons on a Winnipeg team that can't score goals.

It's much the same as the Weber situation. If they really wanted to come here, they could have signed a shorter contract to enable them to get to free agency and then sign with the Canucks. Kane wouldn't have been able to do a one year deal and get out, but he could have signed a more affordable deal to allow the Canucks to trade for him and use his NTC to only waive for Vancouver.

The last scenario isn't very likely though, and Winnipeg would still have leeway to try and trade him elsewhere or keep him if he tries to block that.

The argument against any of that happening though is they would have given up money based on the long term high end contracts they signed instead. Well, what's more important to them: that high end contract, or being able to play where they wanted to?

Would honestly give them

Gaunce

1st

Tanev

conditional 1st if Vancouver wins Stanely Cup, otherwise 2nd

Jensen

Buyout Booth, and our team looks like a contender for years

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Shinkuruk Horvat Kane

Burrows Kesler Santorelli

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Edler Hamhuis

Garrison Corrado

Stanton Bieksa

Subban

Yeah, somehow Kesler becomes our third line center and Bieksa becomes our sixth D-man. Meanwhile despite the acquisition of Kane (which we've just traded 3 prospects and a 1st for), Kassian gets promoted from 3rd / 4th, to 1st.

seriously if hes available MG should seriously doo everything he can to get this kid~!!!

I've seen no evidence that he has the balls to do this even though Kane pretty much matches attribute for attribute in one of MG's propaganda speeches.

True that, Bogosian does make some mistakes for sure. I've seen a couple bad ones ... but he's progessing into a pretty fine player and that first year was a complete write off as he should have never made the team and Atlanta were horrible as well. He played 81 games as an 18 year old.

I mean the Jets first season.

First let me say that I would love to see Evander in a a Canucks jersey. However, I just don't see it happening. Simply put, it would likely take a significant number of our top prospects just to make Winnepeg interested, then we have would have to find a roster player who THEY would be happy taking in return. Our prospects are our future for this club and I would hate to see a good portion of our young talent go just to land one player, even as good as Kane is. it would be like trying to acquire Crosby or Malkin. Too rich for us to be even a factor

Archived