The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 11/17/13 - 5PM

Strombone1

Yet another game where Canucks are dominating puck possession, but trail in game. It's getting old, lol :frantic:

I'm starting to worry about Luongo. The last 8 of 9 games, the Canucks have played the best d I've seen since 10/11. It's 2 weeks from December and he's still not playing well. After his poor season last yr and the garbage that happened to him this summer, i hope he can find a way to be the 'old' Luongo. This teams going no where if he can't find his elite status again.

There's nothing wrong with Luongo. We're averaging 1 goal a game against top-tier competition.

The best part of that first period was the third line. They were buzzing the whole period. I think Booth may have finally found some chemistry on a line.

And I've liked our breakouts this year alot. I think the D have been way better in our own zone than in past seasons. I don't know why people are ragging on Edler and Bieksa, they've been better too.

It just seems like every time we have a breakdown it ends up in the back of our net. That's when we need Lu to bail us out and make a big save. We haven't been getting that yet this season, but I'm sure it will come.

It seems like every game we're always leading in shots but trailing by a goal.

Shots doesn't mean much. It's more important who is doing the shooting and we don't really have any good ones. I mean, a Danny slapper from the top of the circle..really?!! my cat could stop that.

After some slow years this Dallas team is finally staring to come into their own, and this Jim Nill era is their breakout. Much like us in our 08/09 season when Gillis took charge. Those jerseys are beautiful, and Jamie Benn happens to be my favourite player in the NHL. Looks sexy in that jersey with the C and the stash.

Lack of players that can finish. If they start finishing at least 20 % of the amazing chances they get, the games look a lot different

I would say it's also lack of players that are willing to pay the price to go to the dirty areas.

Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen are usually those guys, but they all seem to be playing around the perimeter.

The best part of that first period was the third line. They were buzzing the whole period. I think Booth may have finally found some chemistry on a line.

And I've liked our breakouts this year alot. I think the D have been way better in our own zone than in past seasons. I don't know why people are ragging on Edler and Bieksa, they've been better too.

It just seems like every time we have a breakdown it ends up in the back of our net. That's when we need Lu to bail us out and make a big save. We haven't been getting that yet this season, but I'm sure it will come.

I agree, I loved Kass' game that period. Santorelli continues to impress me.

While I completely agree he isn't to blame for this team's performance, it's been a long time since he's played lights out and stolen a game for us.

The difference in this game so far...Lehtonen stopped the chances the Nucks had that resembled the one LU let in.

There's nothing wrong with Luongo. We're averaging 1 goal a game against top-tier competition.

It's the western conference, not a ton of goals are scored each night. Teams win by strong defence in this conference. Last 8-10 games, Canucks have limited the opposition to below avg # of scoring chances - against good teams. The best D I've seen them play since 10/11. Luongo of 10/11 would have had a shutout or 2 already in those games. It's a concern IMO.

Of course, their inability to score goal is also a problem, but I think it's more bad luck than anything. They're dominating puck possession, generating lots of chances. But it's the west, they've come up against great goaltending - which the Canucks need.

Archived