The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

Defense was atrocious tonight. Too many odd man chances because of excessive pinching and miscalculating the play.

Someone btw teach Stanton how to read the play better. 3 times in 3 games he has pinched too aggressively and ended up in our goal. He is doing good, but he has to be better on those reads.

Luongo did good tonight, but he said saturday night that we need to start winning 1-0 type games. HIs dman need to play better in front of him no doubt, but even with mistakes they make, he needs to shut the door down. Just once Luongo, help steal a game for us when we need it most and tonight was an example.

Powerplay, how many did we get like 8? only one goal? Team has no killer instinct

The positive, is we answered the physicality in this game and didn't back down. We stuck our nose in and plowed through it and we did well until the last 5 mins of the game and we sat back.

Booth played well. He skated, and created chances. I swear if he can play the same game he did tonight, no doubt he will get a goal soon.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the D. They held the LA offense to 22 shots. Dmen will always make mistakes. Great Dmen make them occasionally as ours do. The goalie has to correct for those occasional mistakes. Luongo is not a great goaltender.

Exactly.

If every goalie was as soft as Luongo is on most nights there wouldn't be a defense that was considered good in the whole league.

Your goalie has to come up large once in a while and unfortunately the only thing large is Luongo's stupid contract.

Good on Torts for saying Nolan suckered Stanton into fighting him. Kassian challenged him right off the faceoff and he declined. If your going to leave your hit and go high on someone you have to respond to the right players. Nolan should have fought Kassian or Sestito.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Is that Kassian's dad?

This was the game we should have won, if the hockey gods weren't so bloody cruel. We did everything right (other than the couple of D meltdowns). We payed the price, Kassian, Stanton, Wiese, and Sestito all showed up and fought hard, Sedins' took it on the chin and the tooth.

Burrows played like a mad dog looking for his favorite toy. Kesler was everywhere. Higgins and Hansen were quick. Even Booth had a few sparks. I wish we could clone Tanev and have him partner up on all three lines. I need a drink.

Archived