The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

30 games in, who is the Canucks 'unsung hero' so far this season?

Moonshinefe

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unsung? Meaning not getting a lot of recognition? Richardson. Kills penalties, timely goals, faceoffs, smart player. Really nice addition. On a Canucks board I wouldn't say Weise or Stanton because it is widely recognized by Canuck Nation that they have played way above expectation. Sestito is another good unsung hero candidate for the reasons outlined by peaches and others.

Yeah he got my vote too. Santorelli gets paid bottom of the basement salary, yet he's 1 pt behind Kesler for 3rd most points on the team, and is among our top +- players. This is all the while killing penalties, forechecking, taking key faceoffs, this guy does it all.

Santorelli... at league minimum he is tied with everyone's huge crush Cody Hodgson who costs millions.

Plus, all of Santorelli's points are 5 on 5, whereas half of Hodgson's come from being on the 1st unit PP.

Exactly and people say he isn't a second liner. Well atleast he is playing like one this season which is all that matters right now so our depth looks like this:

1rst liners- Sedin Sedin Kesler(Kes Border line)

2nd liners-Burrows Santorelli(Both border line)

3rd liners-Higgins,Hansen,Booth,Kassian,Weise, Richardson(Weise and Kassian are both border line right now

4th liners- Sestito

Tanev, I would have said Santorelli, but people have been singing his praises all season long.

Yes there seems to be two main lines of thought here: Sontrelli has been the biggest value for the money, but since he's often praised by Torts and John&John, perhaps he isn't so 'unsung'. A lot of our other players have done well too, Tanev and Stanton would be my picks. Both those guys deserve props for their quality play this year considering we got them for pretty much *nothing*.

Gotta say Tanev. He's a big reason that our PK has been bordering on elite this year. He's nothing but steady, and consistently so. If his slapper was harder and he threw a hit every once and a while, he'd be our best defenceman.

Santorelli and the rest have been playing great, but they've been praised all year long, where as Tanman has flown right under the radar all year.

IMO: Santorelli

True utility player. He's been great for us this year. Just buzzing out there.

HM: Tanev

This kid's great. Come along nicely in a short period of time. One of our best defencemen.

Though he has not much for a shot, I'd like to see him get some PP2 time as he moves the puck well.

Richardson has been a nice surprise too!

Santorelli... at league minimum he is tied with everyone's huge crush Cody Hodgson who costs millions.

Plus, all of Santorelli's points are 5 on 5, whereas half of Hodgson's come from being on the 1st unit PP.

Don't wanna be that guy, but isn't he like one point behind Kesler too?

Basically everyone you wouldn't have expected to carry the team has carried the team. From Stanton to Santorelli, to Tanev and Richardson. Even Weise and Sestito have become solid all around 4th liners, and on their best nights, 3rd liners.

Archived