The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Then why not go to one of their homes or a smaller pub? Where he can visit in peace. Why put yourself in a vulnerable position? Why head down to Dbag central on a Saturday night? If you go looking for trouble you usually find it.

A little personal responsibility goes a long way in situations like this.

Sure he has the right to go anywhere in the city and do whatever but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Just because I have the right to don a white robe and pointy hood and wander around Watts County in LA. Does not make it a good idea.

Also, someone should inform him that threatening to kill people is a criminal offense.

While we're on the subject of class.

Players to Players is one thing. Fans to Players and vise versa is another thing I am not okay with. Both sides were probably drunk and probably never meant everything they said or did, but still this is pretty disrespectful.

Lucic has been a central figure in a massive hatchet job against this city and it's funny that he thinks he should be immune from criticism. It's doesn't make it better than he's from here. It makes it worse. It's treasonous and many people take traders personally. Maybe you shouldn't be hitting the night clubs with that type.of history. Also, despite the Moj propaganda he's no angel. Not saying he's necessarily that bad of a guy but this Lucic can do wrong rhetoric is a little much. Evey time Lucic shows his face in this city, especially at drinking establishments, he poking the bear so to speak.

The best part is he's threatening to stop defending this city. hahahhhahahaha. How will we ever survive without Boston "defending" us? If you don't think this type of stuff happens everywhere you're kidding yourselves. It's only news because it happened in Vancouver to a St. Bruin. Once everyone's done genuflecting at the Bruins alter they will realize this is a very common occurrence. The Canucks were getting harassed just a few weeks ago in Nashville, yet that barely got a mention in the MSM. Now this happens and it's front page. Maybe the Canucks should run to the media crying everytime a fan from a visiting team challenges them.

I am not Lucic's biggest fan but this is a crap act by the people of Van city. Not only does this add to the whole "burn your city down" BS we get stuck with, it takes one of the best homegrown talents we have and throws him to the wind...Even if he is a dirty player, the only reason people hate on him is the jersey he puts on for games.

Show some f****n respect to people. Not that hard of a concept. I know for the most part none of us on CDC have anything to do with the crap image we have in the league, but it still makes me ashamed that a guy from Vancouver doesnt even want anything to do with his hometown anymore.

I would of gotten a picture with Lucic if I was there, the last thing I would of want is to get in a fight with Lucic.

Well you guys are so apologetic of some drunk guy's actions that it's past the point of absurdity. It's not like it was the Mayor of Vancouver or some well known personality that represents the City, it was some random drunk, EVERY CITY HAS RANDOM AGGRESSIVE DRUNKS.

Do you apologize for every crime that is ever committed from one human being to another? Are you ashamed of being from Earth because of all the horrible things that happen each and every day?

There is much worse things that happen each and every day than an NHL star being assaulted in a night club.

Give up the apologetic act and realize this comes from individuals, it's not like Vancouver decided collectively to lynch Lucic.

You should care...actions like this would make less players want to sign in Van...and what happens when nobody wants to play in Van? No cup...These incidents push top players that in the past have said they would love to play in Van and now Lucic who was one has changed his mind

Players sign for either

1)Money

2)Chance at the cup

3) Play in the city they like

We have hometown boys that signed here like Garrison, Hamhuis. They are classy people so they get treated with respect and want to sign here.

Lucic is a douche so he gets treated like a douche. If he doesn't want to play in Van, that's fine by me. I would rather a spot goes to someone like Garrison anyway.

There are also hometown boys that chose NOT to sign in Van despite being treated with respect. Can't win em all

"I've been in downtown Vancouver I'd say 50 or 60 times and I've never even come close to an altercation. This one obviously ended in one" - Lucic

why he's letting this one idiot make him sour on all of vancouver is beyond me if he's been here that many times with no altercations

I am not blaming a demographic or the whole fanbase (take note I said idiocy was prevalent, not entirely consuming). But there is no doubt that there is a large amount of 'Canucks fans' who are just straight up idiots and make the rest of us look bad.

I don't believe it's a majority, but it's certainly a lot of people. Other fanbases have their issues too, but on this scale? It'd be tough to convince me. And the attitude being displayed by some posters here only reinforces that. It is not all Canucks fans, but it's not individuals here and there either.

This isn't an isolated incident, it's another black mark in a loooong series of blemishes on the fanbase.

P.S. I do agree completely that a lot of them would be finding some other way to vent their stupidity without hockey.

P.P.S.

<3 will join mafia again soon

I can agree to that CA, but individuals make choices, often dumb ones, no one can control that but that is why laws exist.

To your spoiler :frantic: :frantic: :towel: :towel: :towel:

I don't believe it's a majority, but it's certainly a lot of people. Other fanbases have their issues too, but on this scale? It'd be tough to convince me. And the attitude being displayed by some posters here only reinforces that. It is not all Canucks fans, but it's not individuals here and there either.

That phrase alone convinces me that you don't know a thing about soccer hooligans, Boston rioting over every sport EXCEPT hockey, etc. Every team has these problems because the majority of people are morons. Like George Carlin said, think of a person of average intelligence, then realize that half of all people are dumber than that.

Lucic' treatment has truly been embarrassing for the city and fan base. I am absolutely appalled and pissed about all of this.

What has happened to Lucic is a disgrace but everyone trying to blame it on "Vancouver" or the Nucks fan base is out of line. As with the Church vandalism and the rioting, these are the actions of individuals and do not represent the city or its fan-base. Every city, town, fan-base has them. Boston had fans that bullied a little girl in Boston during the 2011 playoffs because she was wearing a Nucks sweater. Doesn't mean all Boston fans would do that or condone that. Even coach Julien stepped up and criticized Marchand's disgusting display last game.

Everyone quit trying to paint this as anything other than some idiots behaving badly...they're everywhere.

I'm a Canucks fan and Vancouver ex-pat living in Boston, and people here I've talked to about this shrug it off as a kid having some fun at home and getting into some random scuffle. No real broad-brush "Canucks fans and Vancouver are all classless" crap going on here.

Folks here are much more ready to talk about the Pats and Celtics anyway

I'm sorry but during the SCF in Boston, Canuck fans were pissed on, stuff thrown at them, some feared for their lives, there is even video evidence of going to the bathrooms and being basically kicked out, called every name under the sun. Every hockey crazed city has their idiots and they should never define the city as a whole. Lucic is apparently a smart guy and should know that as a Bruin in Vancouver, maybe he should keep a low profile. As for the video, we do not have any idea the true story behind it, There is no footage of any fight, and they both appeared to be drunk...so who knows. If he chooses to to disown his hometown on the acts of a few then I guess that's his loss. To me he's being a bit over dramatic.

Lucic has been a central figure in a massive hatchet job against this city and it's funny that he thinks he should be immune from criticism. It's doesn't make it better than he's from here. It makes it worse. It's treasonous and many people take traders personally. Maybe you shouldn't be hitting the night clubs with that type.of history. Also, despite the Moj propaganda he's no angel. Not saying he's necessarily that bad of a guy but this Lucic can do wrong rhetoric is a little much. Evey time Lucic shows his face in this city, especially at drinking establishments, he poking the bear so to speak.

The best part is he's threatening to stop defending this city. hahahhhahahaha. How will we ever survive without Boston "defending" us? If you don't think this type of stuff happens everywhere you're kidding yourselves. It's only news because it happened in Vancouver to a St. Bruin. Once everyone's done genuflecting at the Bruins alter they will realize this is a very common occurrence. The Canucks were getting harassed just a few weeks ago in Nashville, yet that barely got a mention in the MSM. Now this happens and it's front page. Maybe the Canucks should run to the media crying everytime a fan from a visiting team challenges them.

This is a joke right? Hate him all you want. But hate him in the arena. Not out in public.

Well you guys are so apologetic of some drunk guy's actions that it's past the point of absurdity. It's not like it was the Mayor of Vancouver or some well known personality that represents the City, it was some random drunk, EVERY CITY HAS RANDOM AGGRESSIVE DRUNKS.

Do you apologize for every crime that is ever committed from one human being to another? Are you ashamed of being from Earth because of all the horrible things that happen each and every day?

There is much worse things that happen each and every day than an NHL star being assaulted in a night club.

Give up the apologetic act and realize this comes from individuals, it's not like Vancouver decided collectively to lynch Lucic.

I know there are worse things than a celebrity getting heckled, I spent the better part of 2 years experiencing worse things. I also know that 1 person paints a face for an entire fan base when it hits the media like this has. That piece of crap makes all of us look bad because this is all over the sports media right now. I am nothing like the drunk dude but thanks to him if I talk to any NHL fan I get the wrath of god on me because of people like that...

I find it interesting that everyone just assumes the guy is a Canucks fan giving Vancouver a bad name ect. what's to say it isn't some ignorant leafs fan visiting from Toronto or a Hawks fan trying to rub in last year? Just because it happened in Vancouver doesn't necessarily mean it was a Canucks fan.

Problem with this is that the video showed someone with a Nucks jersey,so people will make the assumption

I am trying to address the fans on this forums that have been showing disrespect regarding these altercations. I am sorry if I put it out the wrong way. Yes I think The Church and the Bar altercations are both disrespectful, I am not trying to blame the fan base off the actions of a few.

I'm a Canucks fan and Vancouver ex-pat living in Boston, and people here I've talked to about this shrug it off as a kid having some fun at home and getting into some random scuffle. No real broad-brush "Canucks fans and Vancouver are all classless" crap going on here.

Folks here are much more ready to talk about the Pats and Celtics anyway

All of this post makes sense to me.

Problem with this is that the video showed someone with a Nucks jersey,so people will make the assumption

The likelihood of it being a fan of another team in Vancouver are pretty slim and are a lot higher of being a Canucks fan given our history and that it is in Vancouver. This makes it easy to make a good assumption.

Archived