The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Sir Canuckles@SirCanuckles2m

It's too bad that Vancouver is literally the only city in the world that some fans that do embarrassing things.

Not sure if that statement was sarcasm but we all know there are s***y fans everywhere. It's unfortunate that Lucic gets the bulk of the heat when he's in Vancouver but it comes with your profession especially as something as heated as Bruins/Canucks.

But if he's going to call out Vancouver Canucks fans because there are a few bad apples what about the same kind of Bruins fans?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/racist-tweets-bruins-fans-directed-capitals-joel-ward-deemed-unforgivable-washington-owner-article-1.1068235

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/05/06/toronto_maple_leafs_oshawa_man_kayoed_by_bruins_fan_after_leafs_win_in_boston.html

You're no better than the people who spray painted the church and rioted in the streets. I can't believe you can't find sympathy with a home town boy and arguably the best player to come from Vancouver since Sakic

What I don't get is how we have to all mea culpe for the actions of a few.

Its unfortunate and sad but when he smears the entire city for a few asses thats what I take issue with.

I cant hear what is being said, but seriously if he was Drunk in Whyte Ave

A) At the most, if I saw Milan Lucic , I would say "Hey dude.....good game guy"

or

B) Piddle my pants because im wearing a Linden jersey.

And anyone bothering the guy when hes out getting plastered is just asking for it. Especially when his boyfriend is videotaping. And reaaaaaaaaly asking for it after the razzing we gave them after we stomped them HEH!

I am at a loss for all the ignorant comments. It blows me away. Milan and his family have been contibuting to this city for many more years than some of you have been alive. Where does it end? What if he was walking at 1000 pm with his parents and this same guys starts it up? Is it ok? You are right 2 am isn't as safe as 1000pm or better even 600pm. But my father and your grand fathers built this country so we could walk down the street at any time of day or night. Yes there will always be bad guys, but what repulses me, is the jerks on here that can't find compassion for a guy that just wants to go out for a drink.....

That's what disgusts me....it is not the drunk as much as some of CDC

News Flash fans.............hockey is a game!..............Milan plays a tough, up and down game and is close to representing our country in the sport we love, which will give a lot of people pride in our country.............ahhhhh.........Milan will give more to the children, shut ins and hockey fans of this city than those that spew hatred.

Take a punch in the face let alone 2, and we will see if you as composed as he was.........god!

I am at a loss for all the ignorant comments. It blows me away. Milan and his family have been contibuting to this city for many more years than some of you have been alive. Where does it end? What if he was walking at 1000 pm with his parents and this same guys starts it up? Is it ok? You are right 2 am isn't as safe as 1000pm or better even 600pm. But my father and your grand fathers built this country so we could walk down the street at any time of day or night. Yes there will always be bad guys, but what repulses me, is the jerks on here that can't find compassion for a guy that just wants to go out for a drink.....

That's what disgusts me....it is not the drunk as much as some of CDC

News Flash fans.............hockey is a game!..............Milan plays a tough, up and down game and is close to representing our country in the sport we love, which will give a lot of people pride in our country.............ahhhhh.........Milan will give more to the children, shut ins and hockey fans of this city than those that spew hatred.

Take a punch in the face let alone 2, and we will see if you as composed as he was.........god!

Yep it could be worse...we could get Evander Kane to vilify and crucify.

You're no better than the people who spray painted the church and rioted in the streets. I can't believe you can't find sympathy with a home town boy and arguably the best player to come from Vancouver since Sakic. The kid was practically kicked from his hometown from the repeated crap Canucks fans do to him

Like I said earlier in this thread, I saw him during the summer around arguably his second hometown here in Tsawwassen and he was treated with the utmost respect. Stop being overdramatic.

You're no better than the people who spray painted the church and rioted in the streets. I can't believe you can't find sympathy with a home town boy and arguably the best player to come from Vancouver since Sakic. The kid was practically kicked from his hometown from the repeated crap Canucks fans do to him

you can be the first to kneel down to kiss his butt

Sure he does. Free country. However his comments clearly speak of "the city and the people in it".

Fine, but instead of finding fault with Milan actions, so a little compassion for a man who has the right to be visibly and rightfully upset...what would you be saying now?

I hate the Bruins, I hate Marchand, and I don't particularly like Lucic, either. Destroying Boston 6-2 that night was one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. And I hope we do it to them EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Having said that...

Vancouver needs to grow up and move forward. Our fanbase's reaction & treatment of a player who is off the ice and enjoying his private moments with friends & family is utterly disgraceful. We need to show more class & respect (& self-respect) if we're ever going to get others to forget the disgraceful riot we pulled in '11.

It is only a game. Grow up, Vancouver.

I don't think Lucic's antagonist on Saturday was part of "our fanbase" at all....Just your typical mouthy geezer who probably gets in a brawl once a week..I'm sure they have more than a few in Boston.

Fine, but instead of finding fault with Milan actions, so a little compassion for a man who has the right to be visibly and rightfully upset...what would you be saying now?

Absolutely horrible some of the stuff that has happened to him recently, but at the same time to make comments that essentially blame the whole city is incredibly narrow minded and perhaps said in the heat of the moment

funny thing about Evander Kane, apparently he walks around the DT bars with a goon to protect him (heard from a few people I know)

Great point.......could you imagine the crap that would happen and what the idiots would be saying if Milan's goon, jumped on this guy after he punched him........Milan is exactly the kind of player we want......I can bet he doen't want to come home to play........imagine if it had happened to Joe Sakic....remember him.............Milans tough, but he's human

Archived