The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

If you think hooliganism is bad and unique to Vancouver, you don't have a clue what you are talking about...just saying.

You're right, it isn't hooliganism in the organized violent sense we see in Europe, and in Old Blighty especially. It just hockey-related lunatic behavior that surfaces from time to time. And it looks like hell. The rest of Canada is pointing and laughing their asses off at us right now, and justifiably so.

I don't even think it's that. I think "hockey" is the excuse these idiots use. I just think there are some neanderthals out there who get their kicks out of being morons. People laugh and they tell stories and they think that attention is a positive thing. Hopefully, as they mature, they realize it's actual not a good thing to be "that guy".

True. There were various accounts of people with jerry cans and tire irons on the Skytrain that fateful June afternoon. Me thinks they didn't find those implements of destruction lying around.

You're right, it isn't hooliganism in the organized violent sense we see in Europe, and in Old Blighty especially. It just hockey-related lunatic behavior that surfaces from time to time. And it looks like hell. The rest of Canada is pointing and laughing their asses off at us right now, and justifiably so.

Yeah because Montreal never had a riot........

Good for them...I couldn't care less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't riot, I don't harass people, if I saw Lucic out I'd probably shake his hand. If idiots outside this city want to paint me as a rioting buffoon, thats their fracking problem, I honestly don't care at all. What I do care about is self-righteous jerks within my apparent fraternity who constantly piss and whine about what other people think about us. Go get some hard facts and data that there are more idiots in Vancouver than other cities and then I MIGHT listen.

True. There were various accounts of people with jerry cans and tire irons on the Skytrain that fateful June afternoon. Me thinks they didn't find those implements of destruction lying around.

Yes, you're right about that. Anarchists from all over North America came here to instigate the downtown riot in 2011. But that's because they new the local hockey culture was very volatile and it would spread like wildfire. They definitely did their research; they were well very prepared and it turned out to be a burning success.

You mean those places where the mayor is the guy doing stuff like this?

OK, I don't care.

Good for them...I couldn't care less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't riot, I don't harass people, if I saw Lucic out I'd probably shake his hand. If idiots outside this city want to paint me as a rioting buffoon, thats their fracking problem, I honestly don't care at all. What I do care about is self-righteous jerks within my apparent fraternity who constantly piss and whine about what other people think about us. Go get some hard facts and data that there are more idiots in Vancouver than other cities and then I MIGHT listen.

No with us it's related to the damned hockey team for some reason. I dunno, I belong to this, you know, local HOCKEY FORUM, and well, I just thought this might be the right time and place to talk about our little problem here. If there is a problem, that is.

No with us it's related to the damned hockey team for some reason. I dunno, I belong to this, you know, local HOCKEY FORUM, and well, I just thought this might be the right time and place to talk about our little problem here. If there is a problem, that is.

So you've made up your mind, this was 100% the other guys fault and Milan was just a completely innocent party??

Wait, you are claiming you moved from vancouver because of our hockey fans? If I believed a word of that I wouldn't know if to pity you or laugh at you.

One thing is for sure, though. You would lose the right to claim anyone in vancouver takes the sport too seriously.

Nope. Ego and Self entitlement doesn't just apply to hockey. There's a lot more things wrong with this city other than over the top hockey fanatics. See? you can't differentiate hockey and real life.

I don't understand why Lucic isn't a hockey hero here either. He would be anywhere else in Canada. Seems ridiculous to hold the fact that he happens to play for Boston against him. They drafted him, that's how the GAME works. And when the GAME ends, he's just ol' Milan Lucic of East Van again. You know, REALITY. Here they throw food at his grandparents and vandalize the Orthodox church his family attends.

Picking sides in this thread is like voting for a giant douche or a turd sandwich. People, a 25 year old testosterone filled hockey player let his emotions get the better of him. This is getting blown way out of proportion. Life continues....

Nope. Ego and Self entitlement doesn't just apply to hockey. There's a lot more things wrong with this city other than over the top hockey fanatics. See? you can't differentiate hockey and real life.

Don't apply your hang ups on me. This is what you said:

Yep. Which is why I've moved away from Vancouver. People go way over the top, are snobbish when this team has won nothing and are losers to opposing fans... just a sense of self entitlement and a huge sense of ego in this city.

It's all about hockey there, so nice try. You claimed that you moved because of hockey fans and I even gave you the benifit of the doubt that you were exagerating or lying as I felt the concept ridiculous.

I don't even think it's that. I think "hockey" is the excuse these idiots use. I just think there are some neanderthals out there who get their kicks out of being morons. People laugh and they tell stories and they think that attention is a positive thing. Hopefully, as they mature, they realize it's actually not a good thing to be "that guy". That acting 11 is not flattering.

(and I work with Turkish soccer fans...on the grand scale of things, we're small potatoes)

Yeah, they can definitely get a little 'stabby'!

Lucic is an idiot for going out to "blow off steam". I mean c'mon, use your brain. It was bound to happen, he threw himself into the fire & is blaming others for coming out with a burn.

The church thing & annoying his family is completely different. Those are just certain people in society who will do those things under any circumstance in any city, every city has people like that. Its wrong, classless & is just something you never want to find out about, but still there's no reason for anyone (even Lucic) to paint with a broad brush here & act like its the entire city or the entire fanbase. (or even a majority)

Archived