The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Let's put it this way in keeping it in context. This is no longer HIS city, his city is now Boston as indicated by the crest on his chest.

And respect is earned....he plays for a team of dirty goons and plays for a city that booed one of ours, who lay on the ice with a broken back. So there's a little tension there. Absolutely am not condoning or excusing this, simply stating facts. The Kumbaya circle group isn't waiting for Milan to sit in here.

And let's cut this poor innocent homeboy act...you don't think he was likely a mouthy punk (too)? Listen to what he says "I'll **** kill you". Last time I checked, a death threat is a criminal offense. So he's no victim here, he's a participant from what I saw.

I don't like that some (idiots) have taken it upon themselves to play out their Fight Club initiation by hitting up someone newsworthy. I guess they figure they get extra badass points or something. But they don't represent this city and I am offended by the implication that I, as a Canucks fan - no, a Vancouverite, am some sort of low life. How dramatic. Give it a rest. Don't label some idiot with a brand of "Vancouver". Label him appropriately...as "ASSHAT". He was not acting on behalf of me or any others I know.

He's a punk - not a poster boy for Vancouver.

Let's look at the fine folks of Boston and how they treat others if we want to go down that road. I am SICK and tired of somehow being associated with this nonsense. Born and raised here and would never participate in the crap that these thugs do.

But I'm not so sure Lucic wasn't....he was out on the town after his teammate did the whole kissing of the ring and raising of the cup. So I'm not sure that these guys are innocent school boys...they've got some attitude of their own. So, some clown reacted. All this talk of fellow man and respect. LOL...you won't find it after hours in the club. Lookin' in the wrong place.

Should it be open season on he and his family? - absolutely not...show some respect does apply. Hate that (especially elderly people)...they are locals, leave them the hell alone. But in a bar where cockiness likely was the theme and guys are going back/forth at each other? Happens. Take it outside, sort it out and move on.

Did I like that this happened? No. But when testosterone fueled tough guys are out knocking a few back and puffing out their chests, it does happen. God bless the internet and making news out of what happens every Saturday night. So let's not make this world history of some sort. My God, it's ridiculous. If it was an assault, file charges go to court and move on. But don't drag the entire hockey world into to...it wasn't at the rink, it was at a bar. It's the bar scene, not the hockey fans.

If he'd walked down the tunnel and the clown clocked him - fine. But it's alcohol + macho ego. This isn't news.

I am tired of the holier than thou'ers. It's sickening.

Ummm..so are you saying if you moved to a different city for work related purposes, Vancouver isn't your city? Last time I checked, Lucic was born and raised in Vancouver, his family/relatives live here, and still resides here during the off-season. So, technically it's still his city, and if he wants to have a couple of drinks with his buddies, who are we to judge him? I'm sorry to break it to you, but life doesn't revolve around hockey.

Lucic didn't threaten to kill him. Here is what I got from listening to the video.

Drunk Guy: Do you know who you're f**king with, MFer?

Lucic: What? Do you know who YOU ARE f**king with?

Drunk Guy: I'll f**cking kill you.

-cops arrive-

Lucic: Buddy, here we go. Here we go.

Cops: How about you leave?

Lucic: How about I leave? He f**king hit me twice.

Hard to blame him when

-His grandparents got food thrown at them

-His uncle was harassed at the final series

-His church was vandalized

-A fight broke out around him during the greek festival in Van

-His girlfriend was supposedly heckled by a Canucks fan (Schneiders girlfriend?)

-Not really major but a poster of him was defaced in a rec centre

You ever stop and think that stuff like this happens to opposing fans all the time?

Only difference is it's Canada, and the media will latch on to any hockey related story they can.

I hate the Bruins, I hate Marchand, and I don't particularly like Lucic, either. Destroying Boston 6-2 that night was one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. And I hope we do it to them EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Having said that...

Vancouver needs to grow up and move forward. Our fanbase's reaction & treatment of a player who is off the ice and enjoying his private moments with friends & family is utterly disgraceful. We need to show more class & respect (& self-respect) if we're ever going to get others to forget the disgraceful riot we pulled in '11.

It is only a game. Grow up, Vancouver.

You do know "Vancouver" isn't a person?

"We" didn't pull anything in '11. We do conduct ourselves with class and respect.

Talking to the masses in a plea to "stop doing this"? 99.9% of the people here didn't do any of this. But it makes for a nice speech, so fill your boots.

"Can't really blame the people of Vancouver"…what if he had gotten cracked over the back of the head with a bottle and was seriously hurt? Singing the same tune? This isn't the first time that he, his family, or his community has been harassed in his own hometown too. But I guess you "can't really blame the people of Vancouver" for defacing the church he went to growing up just because of the outcome of a hockey series.

tumblr_lzilkeJi6j1qgptzho1_500.png

^Now that's class…take notes, Boston!

The idiocy that is so prevalent in this fanbase is nothing short of embarrassing.

i agree, i'm embarrassed of our fanbase. Lucic doesn't deserve to be treated like this

Ummm..so are you saying if you moved to a different city for work related purposes, Vancouver isn't your city? Last time I checked, Lucic was born and raised in Vancouver, his family/relatives live here, and still resides here during the off-season. So, technically it's still his city, and if he wants to have a couple of drinks with his buddies, who are we to judge him? I'm sorry to break it to you, but life doesn't revolve around hockey.

Lucic didn't threaten to kill him. Here is what I got from listening to the video.

-cops arrive-

Exactly this x 100000

-cops arrive-

It's really too bad that the cop didn't cuff both Lucic and the other guy and took them to the station for a report.

I'm actually pretty happy to hear Lucic wont be hanging out DT anymore. Good riddance

You do know "Vancouver" isn't a person?

"We" didn't pull anything in '11. We do conduct ourselves with class and respect.

Talking to the masses in a plea to "stop doing this"? 99.9% of the people here didn't do any of this. But it makes for a nice speech, so fill your boots.

Exactly. To expand upon that point here is a small sample of those that were out there when the games were hapening:

256807_10150193375281712_19597231711_7250358_1265576_o.jpg?w=468&h=311

If all that rioted it would have been many many many times more damaging then that little dust up. I don;t support the rioters and am glad we are dealing with them, but it was a small group of goofs.

I hate the Bruins, I hate Marchand, and I don't particularly like Lucic, either. Destroying Boston 6-2 that night was one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. And I hope we do it to them EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Having said that...

Vancouver needs to grow up and move forward. Our fanbase's reaction & treatment of a player who is off the ice and enjoying his private moments with friends & family is utterly disgraceful. We need to show more class & respect (& self-respect) if we're ever going to get others to forget the disgraceful riot we pulled in '11.

It is only a game. Grow up, Vancouver.

Please refrain from the simplistic generalizations regarding the city. Vancouver is more than just the city where the Canucks play.

And please enough with the "we" bullsh1+. If you're feeling guilty about the stupidity of a couple of drunks outside the Roxy, that's on YOU. Not WE.

You ever stop and think that stuff like this happens to opposing fans all the time?

Only difference is it's Canada, and the media will latch on to any hockey related story they can.

It does happen to alot of fans out there, never said it didn't... It even happened to Kesler's family and friends in Chicago, he was mad about it so why can't Lucic express his feelings about it either?

All I was trying to say is that Lucic has every right to be "disgusted" with the actions of those people in Vancouver.

It does happen to alot of fans out there... It even happened to Kesler's family and friends in Chicago, he was mad about it so why can't Lucic express his feelings about it either?

All I was trying to say is that Lucic has every right to be "disgusted" with the actions of those people in Vancouver.

Sure he does. Free country. However his comments clearly speak of "the city and the people in it".

It's quite clear that the only one here to blame is Kassian. If he challenged Lucic and got his face caved in this would have never happened; Lucic "blows off some steam" and Kassian can say that he stood up against Lucic, something people have wanted him to do ever since his days in Buffalo.

It's quite clear that the only one here to blame is Kassian. If he challenged Lucic and got his face caved in this would have never happened; Lucic "blows off some steam" and Kassian can say that he stood up against Lucic, something people have wanted him to do ever since his days in Buffalo.

huh?

so where do we all line up to beg for his forgiveness since we're all seemingly responsible due to being canuck fans?

You're no better than the people who spray painted the church and rioted in the streets. I can't believe you can't find sympathy with a home town boy and arguably the best player to come from Vancouver since Sakic. The kid was practically kicked from his hometown from the repeated crap Canucks fans do to him

Archived