The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 12/19/13 - 5:30PM

Strombone1

Exactly what i thought.

Don't be surprised if Lack doesn't some day outplay Luongo and take the #1 job just like Schneider clearly did. That day might not be too far away.

Torts is already seeing some of that right now i expect Lack to see more action especially if Luongo keeps playing so many mediocre games.

Kind of a knee-jerk I gotta say. This has been his only mediocre game all month...

You get a clue you clown.

The Canucks have played great defense in front of him and thats most of the reason he has those numbers.

Even Lacks numbers are great so there goes your Luongo's been great theory.

I guess Torts was wrong for calling him out too hey.

Wrong.

The Canucks defense is mediocre...too many giveaways and too many times they can't get the puck out of our end on the first attempt...

But yes, Luongo had an off game tonight.

But, you don't win many games scoring only 1 goal.

I was only being half serious with my comment, ( we all knew after the goal people were going to say stuff like that) but I heard Tom Gagliardi state in the Dallas feed during intermission that his team tried to trade up in the draft to get Valeri, they were shocked as hell when Vancouver passed on him after the Schneider trade.

Apparently there are scouts out there that think he's the real deal.

Funny cause during the draft special Bob Mackenzie said he heard multiple GMs come up to Gillis after he made that trade and picked bo and said he got a real good player.

Wrong.

The Canucks defense is mediocre...too many giveaways and too many times they can't get the puck out of our end on the first attempt...

But yes, Luongo had an off game tonight.

But, you don't win many games scoring only 1 goal.

you clearly do if Schneider or Lack are playing in net cause they're better than Luongo and get shutouts every night hurr durrr :rolleyes:

what a wonderful season...win 4...lose 6....win 3...lose 4...win 7...lose 2 and counting....this team has no pop...lets be serious here.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THIS TEAM WILL WIN THE CUP>>>let alone make the playoffs...I want a big trade.

They have never addressed the lack of a legitimate top 6 sniper and have zero ability to ever score their way out of trouble. The Sedins are a shadow of what they were a couple years ago so secondary scoring is now a requirement every game to have a chance to win. When Lu has an off game (tonight) it's a forgone conclusion that they will roll over.

The supporting cast are pretty good but it's the core that is consistently letting the team down.

haha your a clown dude, did you graduate high school? Because your comments make no sense and you sound like a 5 year old....

So it can't be that 2 goalies are just pretty good and that is why they have good numbers? Lack has to suck because he is a backup?

You sound like the 5 year old crying when somebody points out the obvious and Luongo gets pulled because of his poor performance.

Whats happened is the Canucks have played pretty sound defense all season and Lack has looked better then Luongo and he's a rookie coming off a injury.

This is just another one of Luongos many soft starts this season and you can cry and live in denial all you want.

Luongo needs to be better just like Torts has said.

you clearly do if Schneider or Lack are playing in net cause they're better than Luongo and get shutouts every night hurr durrr :rolleyes:

The Big Luongo guy just can't get over the fact that it is simply an off night for Lu, we would be stupid to argue and say he was good this game and its not his fault. He thinks Lu has been playing this poorly since the start of the season

So leading the OHL playoffs in goals doesn't strike you as drive? You won't have to teach this kid D. Like Toews he already knows it. With his increase year over year in points I think most GMs would rather build around him than a guy thats could bolt home after his ELC if he doesn't get the cash he wants.

Oh he's a great junior player no doubt but he plays with absolutely no drive when it comes to opponents bigger than him. He walks around people in juniors but he was almost invisible during the young stars tourney and pre season. I'll be surprised if he makes the team next year. Happily surprised though but I'm extremely skeptical about this kid. He just doesn't seem to have a dirty game needed for the league.

So leading the OHL playoffs in goals doesn't strike you as drive? You won't have to teach this kid D. Like Toews he already knows it. With his increase year over year in points I think most GMs would rather build around him than a guy thats could bolt home after his ELC if he doesn't get the cash he wants.

Not to be a buzzkill (I really like Bo Horvat) but there are no guarantees.

Example: Brad Moran scored over 530 points (over 240 goals) in 5 seasons (roughly 420 games) with the Calgary Hitmen.

I watched him play live, he was one of the most talented junior players I ever saw.

His NHL career lasted a grand total of 8 games.

Archived