The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The problem is...

kill_the_avs2

We were out of the playoffs before a hot streak put us back in (currently 7th with 3 more games played than some of our competitors). We could easily miss them this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas starts rolling and gets in and that minny, the avs, or the Canucks wont make it.

We have also been getting worse over the last few years and I don't see the twins, or luongo getting better with time, and Kessler has a lot of mileage on him too with the injuries and his style of play.

I think they have to go all in and try win in the next 2 years if they think this core still can win a cup or else rebuild while their assets still have value in other peoples eyes. If they want a team that can get in the playoffs and sell a round or two worth of tickets every year without really committing to win it all right now or seriously building for the future then they should keep doing what they are doing.

We're in a different division. A harder division. While our core is getting older, don't discount that fact. We're actually going quite well and we had a transition period with a new coaching style. We could just as easily do well the rest of the season as much as not do as well. If you want to be a pessimist and cause extra stress for yourself, that's your problem. lol

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

First been a van since 89 first live game I was 8.

Team has great heart and seems to be playing well together. But we need a game breaker. We need some pure talent to score and as for the plugs we have it's amazing we 9 above .500

D Sedin.... What happened I remember this guy actually being a legit goal scorer in the NHL... Now if it's not from 2 feet and set up perfectly... Forget it

Luongo... Let's not go there 06/07 was the peak

Elder... Hits doughty in playoffs once and disappears for rest of career.

Kesler... Good job this season but if he's are go to player then... Well see title.

Tomorrow things are gonna get ugly unfortunately I've seen this movie before.... And well my rant us over.... Nite

Too funny to add anything - only true thing so far this season is the team has yet to completely buy into the new system...once they do they well officially be playoff ready.

I too thought that Danny hadn't been the same since the Keith hit. However, the skill he showed on the tying goal last night gives me hope that he's starting to return to form.

There are probably only a handful of NHLers who could've pulled off that play.

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Office Space...good one!

I too thought that Danny hadn't been the same since the Keith hit. However, the skill he showed on the tying goal last night gives me hope that he's starting to return to form.

There are probably only a handful of NHLers who could've pulled off that play.

Instinct took over. NO way he had time to plan anything with that play as it was tic-tac-toe.. Perhaps he is over0-thinking the game and needs to just let fly? Stop thinking and just play.

And I'd rather have multiple 20g forwards than one 40g guy. Spreading out scoring is a good thing. With a 1a and 1b lines it forces the other team to have to pick which line to cover

Nope.

U need that 40g player to score when it tightens up in the playoffs. 20g players don't score in te playoffs much.

U need some higher skill.

Plus who cares about 20g players? U could get some 15g players really cheap and the diff isn't much

First been a van since 89 first live game I was 8.

Team has great heart and seems to be playing well together. But we need a game breaker. We need some pure talent to score and as for the plugs we have it's amazing we 9 above .500

D Sedin.... What happened I remember this guy actually being a legit goal scorer in the NHL... Now if it's not from 2 feet and set up perfectly... Forget it

Luongo... Let's not go there 06/07 was the peak

Elder... Hits doughty in playoffs once and disappears for rest of career.

Kesler... Good job this season but if he's are go to player then... Well see title.

Tomorrow things are gonna get ugly unfortunately I've seen this movie before.... And well my rant us over.... Nite

When they go 82 and 0 you'll be happy.

Archived