The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Scouting Makes Impact:Proof that Gillis reads CDC

Ronalds.Kenins41

what is more likely?

a) Gaunce gets traded to Eerie, our OHL scouts go to watch Gaunce to see how he does. At the same time, they are scouting McDavid, becuase all 30 teams would at least watch a few games of his. Dane Fox plays on a line (at times) with Gaunce. Fox looks good, Canucks sign Fox.

B) guy on twitter begs Kevin Bieksa and Luongo to get MG to sign Dance Fox. Canucks sign Dane Fox.

hhhmmmmmmmmm

why did we draft Miles Liberati? - scouted by canucks while they were scouting Horvat

why did we draft Steven Anthony in the 7th round? scouted by canucks when they were looking at Yann Sauve

get the picture? That is how scouting works

Surely only CDC is capable of scouting the leading scorer of the OHL.

This I think?

And it wasn't that he plays with our 1st round pick from 2012 either! :sadno:

They were all there to see Dane Fox, and Sutter also happened to pick up on McDavid at the same time as well... :rolleyes:

But seriously; congrats to Sedin23! Lots of the fun here is pretend we know more than the GM's. Its always great when you make the right call!

I remember looking at Erie (because of McDavid) and being galled to see Fox was not drafted at all. It was highly unusual.

Then I keep looking because of Gaunce and now I think Gillis has pulled off a mini miracle. He doesnt seem slow or weak or anything. Maybe he was just a late bloomer. A rare case where a top 10 pick was 17 in an 18 year old body.

I have the gut feeling we scored a free first round pick.

That Gich80 or MrG guy on twitter literally hounded every canucks player and management twitter account he could get his hands on for 48 hours and then magically...this guy got signed.

I have to say applause to TC for posting this, hoping they look at Mitch Holmberg just because as well. But this Gich80/MrG guy was quite literally hounding twitter accounts solidly. Who is to say that didn't have some sort of an impact. Obviously him playing ont he same teams/lines as Horvat and Gaunce helps make him visible but....

Did social media just help us find a diamond in the rough? Styled play similar to Ott and Bolland and yet another C/W position player.

Awesome

what is more likely?

a) Gaunce gets traded to Eerie, our OHL scouts go to watch Gaunce to see how he does. At the same time, they are scouting McDavid, becuase all 30 teams would at least watch a few games of his. Dane Fox plays on a line (at times) with Gaunce. Fox looks good, Canucks sign Fox.

B) guy on twitter begs Kevin Bieksa and Luongo to get MG to sign Dance Fox. Canucks sign Dane Fox.

hhhmmmmmmmmm

why did we draft Miles Liberati? - scouted by canucks while they were scouting Horvat

why did we draft Steven Anthony in the 7th round? scouted by canucks when they were looking at Yann Sauve

That's how we ended up with Lack. We were scouting Markstrom, ended up with the better goaltender :bigblush:

what is more likely?

hhhmmmmmmmmm

Correlation versus Causation

Just because 2 events happen, doesn't mean they are related

MG out GM'd again, by a non GM. Lets replace him with this guy.

I was kidding guys. Gillis does not read CDC these events are just hard to believe and would be funny if related.

Archived