The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Still Hurting?

Ugli Fruit

To this day, Daniel does not look fully back from that concussion he suffered. It showed multiple times tonight that Daniel is struggling to get back to a scoring form. Not only is he having trouble finding the net, he is very inconsistent in front of goal. Usually he seems weaker and slower on the puck and then occasionally shows flashes of what used to be always there. It may be a hazy thing now but Daniel used to be a very clutch goal scorer who often made the most of good chances:

A lot of those goals are scored by Daniel, from within 20 feet. All goals are from before his concussion.

I really think this is still a factor in the Sedins' lack of productivity. Henrik is still mainly a passer, and if his brother cannot hold his own, his production will fall too.

To this day, our best scorer still seems maimed and not quite right. He seems to have lost some of the instinct that helped him put away so many Henrik passes.

Does anyone else notice that too?

and to think, Keith got a nice 5 day vacation just before the playoffs for the elbow. Neither of the Sedins are right at the moment, and rumors "of a player that is injured and needs surgery" lead me to believe one of them is going to be out a nice chunk of time next year.

My bet is that its Henrik though. Even if they are just rumors, something just aint right with them since the finals.

I think they're both just in a bit of a slump. They've actually been making some pretty nice plays of late, just not able to fully finish. Once Burrows is back, my guess is they'll be producing more. My guess is that they're both fine.

and to think, Keith got a nice 5 day vacation just before the playoffs for the elbow. Neither of the Sedins are right at the moment, and rumors "of a player that is injured and needs surgery" lead me to believe one of them is going to be out a nice chunk of time next year.

My bet is that its Henrik though. Even if they are just rumors, something just aint right with them since the finals.

Yeah frack Keith. This is going to be the most difficult team Canada to cheer for in the upcoming olympics with whiners and cheap shot artists like Doughty and Keith on it.

I'm not sure if something has been wrong with the twins since the final because they were pretty good up until they signed the extension this season. Once they signed, they started to be less effective. Maybe if indeed one of them is injured, it coincided with the time they signed the extension or they were playing extra hard so that they can close the deal? Either way, it's because of their age. Their reaction speed just isn't the same as before. All those pretty short passes they made before are not to be found anymore and that must be due to decrease in their reaction time, which is due to age...

Didn't know PPG qualified as plugs

PPG stands for powerplay goals, none of which he had... Unless you meant p/g, which stands for points per game. Last time I checked 3 points in 4 games doesn't qualify as a point per game.

Also if you watched him play in last years playoffs he actually held Henrik (who was playing fairly well) back and didn't do much tohelp the Canucks win.

Archived