The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours.

Warhippy

Leafs Looking?

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger told TSN Radio 1050 on Tuesday that Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis is rumoured to be looking for a top four defenceman. Dreger reports that The Maple Leafs are only interested in 'hockey moves' and would probably prefer to stay away from a rental player.

Dreger adds there's still the possibility that a Jake Gardiner type of trade occurs - but only if the rate of return is acceptable.

Another Flame On The Block?

Waiting On Erat

Washington Capitals GM George McPhee will be asking disgruntled forward Martin Erat again if he wants to be traded. "I don't think that's going to change," McPhee told Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com. "I'll talk to him when he gets back and if he still wants to be traded, we'll try to accommodate him.

"It's been a difficult year with transactions. Had this been a typical year we might have been able to move him within weeks of his request, but that wasn't the case this year."

Diaz for Gardiner. Diaz is a top 4 in Toronto (or as close as they're going to get for Gardiner lol) - and likely to get pushed out of the lineup when Bieksa and Tanev return. First instinct might be to assume this isn't fair value, but I think that Gardner has been on a roller coaster from overvalued to bust status and back to reasonable NHL talent that is expendable due to Rielly.

I offer them Diaz. If they're insulted I don't give a damn, if they're wise enough to accept (Diaz is under-rated imo) then they've cut a reasonable 'hockey trade'. And then everyone clamoring on CDC for a puck mover can see how Gardiner fits - at a reasonable cost. (Dale Weise :bigblush: )

If Calgary would like to move Glencross, then there's something to talk about - we'll give you Booth and a pick Burkie - you need the pick because despite the extras you picked up recently, they were mispent as usual by Feaster.

Erat for Booth. Why not? I'd love to see Erat have a shot on Kesler's wing - could be just what they both need - and otherwise, no great loss - Booth is not fitting well - and that's about all the leverage McPhee has.

Diaz for Gardiner. Diaz is a top 4 in Toronto (or as close as they're going to get for Gardiner lol) - and likely to get pushed out of the lineup when Bieksa and Tanev return. First instinct might be to assume this isn't fair value, but I think that Gardner has been on a roller coaster from overvalued to bust status and back to reasonable NHL talent that is expendable due to Rielly.

I offer them Diaz. If they're insulted I don't give a damn, if they're wise enough to accept (Diaz is under-rated imo) then they've cut a reasonable 'hockey trade'. And then everyone clamoring on CDC for a puck mover can see how Gardiner fits - at a reasonable cost. (Dale Weise :bigblush: )

If Calgary would like to move Glencross, then there's something to talk about - we'll give you Booth and a pick Burkie - you need the pick because despite the extras you picked up recently, they were mispent as usual by Feaster.

Erat for Booth. Why not? I'd love to see Erat have a shot on Kesler's wing - could be just what they both need - and otherwise, no great loss - Booth is not fitting well - and that's about all the leverage McPhee has.

Not even close to fair value for Gardiner

I dont see Subban being worth a whole lot. There is a plethora of goalie talent out there right now

I am not saying Malcolm would be expensive. What I am saying though is it is intriguing to think if we could obtain Malcolm as well as Jordan whether or not we could somehow have PK Subban want to sign in vancouver in the very near future

I am not saying Malcolm would be expensive. What I am saying though is it is intriguing to think if we could obtain Malcolm as well as Jordan whether or not we could somehow have PK Subban want to sign in vancouver in the very near future

PK is a RFA. Even if PK signed an offer sheet with Vancouver at a reasonable price to play with his brothers you can be sure that Montreal would match instantly

I wonder what it would take to get Malcolm here. He was a 1st round pick. Maybe if we end up in selling mode here, we could send a roster player the Bruins' way. They could maybe use Yannik Hansen as bottom 6 depth or they would probably want Tanev because they are a little short on defense. They would have to add though.

Surprised to see teams like Chicago and Philly as being older.

I should have worded my response better. I was more referring to the age of the core group.

That was a misleading link. That is just the average age. All the players ages added up and then divided. A team like Philadelphia only comes off as old in that stat because they have Timonen, Streit, Pronger (still on the roster), Lecavaliar, etc. factored in. Even though in reality only 2 forwards on that team are over 30 years old and only 2 defensemen are over 30. The only other 30 year old is the back up goalie.

Though you are correct with the core comparisons when looking at team age its best to look at the core and the individual ages as one 40 year old teammate will throw off the average.

PK is a RFA. Even if PK signed an offer sheet with Vancouver at a reasonable price to play with his brothers you can be sure that Montreal would match instantly

Ya know...as great as PK is in Montreal, he drives the coach crazy! Therrien is a bit of a dick and the fact that they don't get along will probably put them at crossroads. One will have to go. 8+ mil per season for 5 or 6 is alot of money to put into someone the coach doesn't have as much faith in....

Ill be honest...P.K. at the expense of 4 1st round picks is not something I want to do...Naturally a consideration but he is no Weber

Ya know...as great as PK is in Montreal, he drives the coach crazy! Therrien is a bit of a dick and the fact that they don't get along will probably put them at crossroads. One will have to go. 8+ mil per season for 5 or 6 is alot of money to put into someone the coach doesn't have as much faith in....

I think the reports of Therrien and PK having issues are overblown. But even if they aren't, the coach will be gone before the 25 year old Norris winner. Especially if the only return is draft picks. PK is ahuge part of the young core Bergevin is building in Montreal, no way he goes anywhere

I could see that happening.

Vancouver Subbans

What would it take to get montreal to think about moving PK?

Tanev (young D with potential), Edler (top for 4), 1st, Booth (cap movement, but they need size)

For

PK, Bourque (cap movement, but we need goals), 2nd

Probably an overpayment on our part but PK is a game changer, they don't get that type of player in return with Tanev, Edler. They do get a 1st round pick which has potential to become a impact player but still low value right now.

I think if canucks were serious about him, why not wait to the end of the season on draft day to make a big move like this, if PK doesn't seem likely to re-sign his value could be a lowered as well as canuck would know exactly the full value of there 1st round pick

Tanev (young D with potential), Edler (top for 4), 1st, Booth (cap movement, but they need size)

For

Probably an overpayment on our part but PK is a game changer, they don't get that type of player in return with Tanev, Edler. They do get a 1st round pick which has potential to become a impact player but still low value right now.

I think if canucks were serious about him, why not wait to the end of the season on draft day to make a big move like this, if PK doesn't seem likely to re-sign his value could be a lowered as well as canuck would know exactly the full value of there 1st round pick

Honestly that's a terrible package for Subban. Take Bourque and Booth out because they're essentially the same player. So Tanev (decent young defensive Dman with little to no offensive upside), Edler(offensive defenceman who has struggled mightily since back surgery, cant score and has close to the worst +/- in the league) and a 1st for a 25 year old Norris winning defenceman who is still getting better AND a 2nd? 28 other teams would be able to top that offer

Honestly that's a terrible package for Subban. Take Bourque and Booth out because they're essentially the same player. So Tanev (decent young defensive Dman with little to no offensive upside), Edler(offensive defenceman who has struggled mightily since back surgery, cant score and has close to the worst +/- in the league) and a 1st for a 25 year old Norris winning defenceman who is still getting better AND a 2nd? 28 other teams would be able to top that offer

Couldn't agree more. For example, if the Jets were to part with Evander Kane and a pick (3rd), they would be able to land Subban faster than the Canucks could; assuming the Canadiens are stupid enough to get rid of a Norris defenseman.

Yes but PK can set the terms of his contract and argue about a single year deal that gets him out of Montreal. It's possible, unlikely but hey why not. Vancouver is family friendly. Bure's, Courtnall's and Sedins

For

Okay no. It's going to cost way more than that to get Subban. Try something like Tanev, Edler, Horvat, Jensen and a 1st.

Yes but PK can set the terms of his contract and argue about a single year deal that gets him out of Montreal. It's possible, unlikely but hey why not. Vancouver is family friendly. Bure's, Courtnall's and Sedins

IF Subban will only sign a 1 year contract THEN Montreal could look at trading him for a substantial return that will help the club immediately rather than drfat picks spread out over 3 or 4 years that may or may not pan out. The offer sheet route almost never works, Anything Vancouver could afford to pay him, Montreal could afford to pay him

Archived