The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

I'll help you with that if you like?

And this is the straw people.

This is the white towel on a stick again.

This league will wait until one of our players is seriously injured to pretend to care.

Embarrassment? Image? I'm GLAD that this is finally culminating in something drastic...perhaps how we got here will get looked at? Doubt it, but it should be.

This week's been a crock. This year - no wait...all the way back to a Markus Naslund hit.

This league's been fragmented for some time.

It's affected my team. My passion for a game I've known all my life.

Gong show league gets gong show antics. It's what is deserved in it all.

I don't blame Torts. He's a wear his heart on his sleeve and is now learning about what it's like to play in these colours. But he isn't going peacefully, that's all. That's what these power corrupt entities are about...submission and don't fight back.

I'd rather it didn't go that way, but fully understand why it did.

Yeah, image...a little late to worry about that.

Deb, with all due respect, stop.

Your team has had a bad week and there are some goofy things happening. It will pass. The Canucks are not being jobbed by the league regardless how much you want to believe they are. Do yourself a favour and DON'T buy into such garbage. :)

II buy into your reasoning partially, deb.

But if he's going to do something that the he KNOWS the NHL will hate and possibly suspend him for doing, why do it? The best way to earn respect around the league is to beat the best teams, no matter how you do it - if that's the reasoning behind the way we've been playing.

I can understand everyone's point a view on this, but let's look at it from our coach's perspective shall we leading up to tonight. In the game vs Kings our #1 goalie gets taken out by Dustin Brown and we lose a well fought game. Then we roll into face the Ducks and get slaughtered 9-1, then we head to Phoenix and 3 of our players get hurt Santo, Henrik and Booth (two returned tonight but one is still hurting). Now for tonight he gets word the Flames coach decided to start his 4th line, when everyone in the league knows the Nucks always start the Sedins so to not risk more injury to Henrik he counters with our 4th line...All the frustration and disappointment has caught up to Torts, so the Torts we use to hate briefly showed his face. I personally do not blame him for what he did. Now the Canucks need to bounce back and win this game, not only for themselves for their coach and us fans...Go Canucks Go!!

Oh and one last thing P.J Stock needs to shut his trap, before someone at Rogers tonight does it for him.....

Board has been real slow but I'm up to page 22 and no one mentions what lead to the goal against us? The ref just jumped into the faceoff in our zone, kicking the puck into the slot! Watch the replay. He might as well be screaming "DOG PILE!" as he jumps at Richardson for NO reason.

Canucks are in a war with the NHL right now.

I noticed that too.

I was like wth?

Torts also stupid though. Really frustrated with that. The NHL only gets media attention on stupid incidents or the NHL finals.

Christ, save it for the post-game Torts..

Ladies and gentlemen, I found PJ stock.

I agree with PJ's words, no so much his mad rant.

I don't see anything wrong with Flames starting their 4th line.

Its hockey, there are 4 lines, you can start any line you want especially if you are not at home since the home team can line match.

Starting a 4th line is nothing new, pretty sure we've done that before.

If they were playing in Calgary and we start the Sedins and Flames chose the 4th line against them, then I would be pissed.

I like Torts, but kind of stupid there because we have the final say on the starting line up.

Its called line matching.

Archived