The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Towel Power for Torts

King Heffy

In all honesty he went after the other teams head coach in their locker room and tried to attack him. Tortorella DESERVES to be suspended, as much as I love him. The Canucks are not getting any injustice served against them in this case.

The 7 minute of 5 on 3 and 11 minutes to start the Kings game shorthanded however weren't just, but this is a completely isolated matter that Torts took out of hand.

I find it hard to believe he would have physically attacked anyone, but deserving of a suspension nonetheless.

I love the idea of starting Towel Power now and actually came here to post the exact same suggestion as I suggested it on HF.... bring some Energy into the building. Make some noise and show support and back our team.

I think people should start bringing their old playoff towels now. If you don't have one, bring an old white hand towel or something.

PS: The Towels given out during the playoffs don't cost the Canucks anything. It's all paid for with sponsor money for the ads they print on them.

I wish there was something else we could do to show we support him. The towel thing is good but I think it should be strictly for the playoffs. I know #FreeTorts is trending on twitter but we all know how he feels about twitter.

Anyone got any other ideas?

The only thing I can think of is a "peaking through a blindfold" Bettman statue with a set of old school scales with the Canucks logo on one platter and maybe the NHL / NHL Officials logos on the other.

Seems like a lot of work though...towels=much easier.

The only problem is that unless they hand them out i'd highly doubt this would ever catch on, no way all the snobs in the good seats will ever bring one let alone even know about it, heck you can't even get them to get off their phones so good luck with that one....i like the idea though.

Too many haters to make this happen. I'd bring mine from '92! Go canucks Go

Torts is the second best coach we have ever.

Woohoo. I've got the same towel from '94! And Lumme signed it when I saw him sitting at a table at Earls during the run. Never been washed since, so its not too white anymore he he. But I'd dust it off. I just need a ticket.

Yeah, let's do something that will give people more reasons to hate us and make us a joke.

Torts said at the beginning that this team has to learn to be tougher to play against. Wake up...its a new era. We don't take sh.. anymore. We've gone beyond wringing our hands worrying about everyone not loving us. We probably won't ever get a break from the referee union after Burrows/Auger, and McLean, PJ, and the whole CBC crew of clowns will never be in our corner. We'll be hated anyways, so we may as well be winning and hated.

There may be more games ahead where we get double penalties. We have to fight through this time until the league finally accepts the fact that we won't be doormats of the league any longer. We are near the top of most penalized teams already. Nothing to lose. IMO the refs have been conditioned to see our team as the one they give soft hooking holding interference calls on to balance out the cross-checking, boarding, hacking and slashing other teams do on us. We have been a "joke" precisely because we have allowed ourselves to be pigeon holed by the league and refs.

Archived