The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(rumour) Canucks have interest in cammalleri

Cucumber

Cammalleri is not a Vancouver short term or long term solution it will just dilute the idea that they

are ok with a single player added, we need more size with grit .It would be better to pass on him an the price an would slow down the arrival of young guns .A summer look at market an patience right now unless its Orielly or other bigger parts is preferred if we can get him or the jet ringer.

i agree with you .. he just keeps us small and soft .. we need a guy who has some skill and can also make his teammates feel tougher than they really are ..

Cammo isn't the ideal fit, but he had major playoff success in a crazy-fishbowl hockey market.. Still leading the Flames in goals despite missing 5 games so far.

If GMMG could snag him for a mid-prospect + a 3rd I don't think it would be the worst idea.... but, it certainly isn't the best, and I bet a different team offers slightly more.

The good thing about Cammalleri is that he can start 3rd line LW and if any one the top-6 players (esp. unproven Santorelli), he can step in and provide some offense. If the Canucks make two moves, one for Cammalleri and one for a solid 3rd liner center (Ott? McGinn?), they'd actually be pretty set.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen/Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Cammalleri - Ott - Hansen/Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Kassian/Dalpe/Weise

Dalpe/Weise

Wow, so much hate on Cammalleri......

Have any of you guys seen him on OTR with Bieksa ?? He gets along great with the team!!!

I'd prefer O'Reilly but if we signed Cammy I would NOT complain!! He's short, but he's 200lbs and can score/pass like everyone wants....He's a great top 6 forward and he'd be cheaper than O'Reilly. I'd say he's easily better than Roy and he can chirp too hahahah

Wow, so much hate on Cammalleri......

Have any of you guys seen him on OTR with Bieksa ?? He gets along great with the team!!!

I'd prefer O'Reilly but if we signed Cammy I would NOT complain!! He's short, but he's 200lbs and can score/pass like everyone wants....He's a great top 6 forward and he'd be cheaper than O'Reilly. I'd say he's easily better than Roy and he can chirp too hahahah

Yes please to Cammi. I wouldn't give anything to Calgary more than a mid pick and lower prospect. How many teams could realistically take on his contract without trading away substantial capspace.

^^^^Thanks for posting this! Loved that episode, not that I watch Lansberg often. I think he's a rat, but this one I was lucky enough to see. I could totally see Cammy on the Canucks!

its so funny you said that .. when I started watching him , I really liked him ... the more I watched the less I liked him .. seems his true colours have shone through ... weasel

Former Gillis client, so if he traded for him it would be because he thinks he'd be able to re-sign him for a decent price.

He would also help solve our powerplay problems.

We could do alot worse than him, but we could also do better. It all comes down to what we could get him for.

It really depends on what it would take to acquire him. If he is relatively cheap and could be resigned to a decent contract then I would be all for it. He would be one of the more cheaper options trade wise and would definetely help offensively but who knows where the Canucks will be by the deadline.

Archived