The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Suspended 6 Games

Strombone1

So he's suspended 15 days, 6 of which he can have no contact with the Canucks. Can he stick with Utica for the next 6 games.

They Play the Wolves in Utica on the 21st and then they play out in Abby on the 24th and 25th. May as well watch the prospects play the next 3 games.

I don't think most will realize how intelligent this post is. How better to inspire the young players in the organization with a personal visit by their potential future bench boss; akin to a President visiting a city in terms of positive exposure.

#FreeTorts

6 games imo is a bit harsh but I don't even care he's sending a message that the Canucks won't be pushed around and he's not taking crap from anybody.

Mikey likey

Not only on the ice, but off the ice too. No other coach could wake this team up and there they are.

Six games for a Cup is a price I'll pay any day.

Not only on the ice, but off the ice too. No other coach could wake this team up and there they are.

Six games for a Cup is a price I'll pay any day.

Wow, with all this excitement, there's no way we can lose to Edmonton next game, right? I mean torts fired us up. It should be a blow out. I predict an Edmonton win, or a Canuck win in OT.

"Mr. Tortorella's actions in attempting to enter the Calgary Flames locker room after the first period were both dangerous and an embarrassment to the League," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "Coaches in the NHL bear the responsibility of providing leadership, even when emotions run high, and Mr. Tortorella failed in his responsibility to the game."

Regarding the emboldened statement...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0fKoNdCGgg

^Was it more dangerous than this? Because Tortorella's suspension was a game longer than what Neal got.

I thought Torts went too far (despite his good intentions). But this suspension is also crossing a line, that's just too much IMO.

You say this, but the league is probably looking at our club saying, "is there another club that has caused this league the bad press or embarassment Vancouver has over the last 30 years?".

The flying elbow from Bure to McRae's head.

The court case where two owners claimed the club was sold to them.

Bertuzzi / Moore.

Burrows biting incident.

The current Torts episode.

Multiple Stanley Cup Riots.

I know we look in the mirror and think we're golden and the whole world is against us, but can you name a franchise that has a worse history for incidents over the same time frame?

Montreal says hi on that last one

You say this, but the league is probably looking at our club saying, "is there another club that has caused this league the bad press or embarassment Vancouver has over the last 30 years?".

Bertuzzi / Moore.

Burrows biting incident.

I know we look in the mirror and think we're golden and the whole world is against us, but can you name a franchise that has a worse history for incidents over the same time frame?

1- it was Churla not McRae.

2-Why are you even a fan if your so seemingly embarassed by this franchise?

Bertuzzi / Moore.

Burrows biting incident.

And somehow you are a fan of such a horrible and terrible franchise that the NHL would be better off it was disbanded? Are you sure you are a fan or are you here to just spew whatever you just posted?

I'm going to the game in Edmonton tomorrow (2nd NHL game for me) and I'm definitively disappointed Henrik and Torts won't be there, but at least I'll be able to see Luongo play.

I went to a Canucks/Flames game in 2012 and Schneider started in a 3-2 losing effort so I'm pretty pumped to see Luongo play finally.

I can live with the suspension, and I'm glad the league recognized Bob Hartley's role in this mess. But what does bother me about this is my suspicion that PJ Stock's little temper tantrum probably influenced the decision. HNIC's national ratings are high enough that having him blather angrily that they needed to come down hard to set a precedent for this kind of thing pushed them to lengthen the punishment.

I think if this had happened in a Tuesday night game on Sportsnet, with, say, Tony Gallagher bitching during the intermission, the suspension would have been 2 or 3 games lighter.

I never really felt strongly either way about Stock in the past, he just seemed like a boring douche to me, but he's on my shtlist now.

Bertuzzi / Moore.

Burrows biting incident.

Boston

mike-milbury-shoe(bb).jpg

Chara-hit-Max-Bruins-Habs.jpeg

mcsorley_brashear(ap).jpg

"We respect the decision made by the National Hockey League today to suspend John Tortorella for 15 days from Sunday, with no contact with the team for six games," Gillis said. "We would also like to acknowledge our organization's full support for John and we look forward to having him back behind the bench soon."

Lol, what a hollowed out white washed lie, why even bother saying anything at all.

I'm too lazy to go through 10 pages because I mostly agree with you guys, but I also came with some precedence that I hope no one else has shed light to yet, and if they have i'm sorry for repeating

http://nhl.si.com/2013/12/04/fine-for-fuming-notable-nhl-coaches-who-paid-for-their-antics/

A big, ugly full scale brawl with the Atlanta Thrashers soiled the final 1:22 of the Caps’ 4-2 loss on Nov. 22, 2006, resulted in the suspension of three players (including Washington enforcer Donald Brashear) and fines for both coaches. While Atlanta’s Bob Hartley had to fork over $10,000 (pretty much the norm in such instances), Hanlon got carried away by the spirit of the thing and tried to force his way into the Thrashers’ dressing room, ending up with a $30,000 tab the league claimed was a then-record levy against a bench boss for a single incident.

"We respect the decision made by the National Hockey League today to suspend John Tortorella for 15 days from Sunday, with no contact with the team for six games," Gillis said. "We would also like to acknowledge our organization's full support for John and we look forward to having him back behind the bench soon."

Lol, what a hollowed out white washed lie, why even bother saying anything at all.

Cause like it or not it could have been alot worse.

Wow, with all this excitement, there's no way we can lose to Edmonton next game, right? I mean torts fired us up. It should be a blow out. I predict an Edmonton win, or a Canuck win in OT.

I believe your cedibilty way be on the 'wane' ..

Cause like it or not it could have been alot worse.

Its so sanitized and 'clean'. I'm already going to miss Tort's candid talk. I hope this incident doesn't alter the way he does things, and I hope this doesn't make the Canucks go back into their shell.

Not necessarily, but the team toughness program the Canucks are going through is one of the team bonding element that wins you Cups.

Archived