[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

valeri nichushkin 6'4" 205 lbs 18 yrs old

games pts +/-

52 26 +16

bio horvat

games pts +/-

0 0 0

we've been looking for a big, talented right winger for years.

mike gillis. what the hell.

I would say they could have 1 rst burrows, and shroeder for him but try an get for second pick if possible

So I just heard Pratt on the radio saying that he's hearing that Edler's going to be traded to Detroit.

I really don't listen to Dave very much (I just happened to tune in while I was in the car) so I'm wondering if there's actually been anything new? Or is he just been spinning the old rumour from last year? I haven't come across very much recently that suggests anything imminent involving the Canucks and Red Wings.

Is Pratt just stirring the pot or are there other (better) sources also suggesting this trade might be back in the works?

So I just heard Pratt on the radio saying that he's hearing that Edler's going to be traded to Detroit.

I really don't listen to Dave very much (I just happened to tune in while I was in the car) so I'm wondering if there's actually been anything new? Or is he just been spinning the old rumour from last year? I haven't come across very much recently that suggests anything imminent involving the Canucks and Red Wings.

Is Pratt just stirring the pot or are there other (better) sources also suggesting this trade might be back in the works?

Mantha plus would be a nice return.

valeri nichushkin 6'4" 205 lbs 18 yrs old

games pts +/-

52 26 +16

bio horvat

games pts +/-

0 0 0

we've been looking for a big, talented right winger for years.

mike gillis. what the hell.

I would say they could have 1 rst burrows, and shroeder for him but try an get for second pick if possible

go away

0 chance Mantha on the table hes their best prospect why move him for Edler?

Probably be Tatar/Nyquist/Helm+mid prospect/Bertuzzi+pick

id love Helm Bert and a 1st for Edler

Just like to bold and capitalize this for everryone

BERTUZZI WILL NEVER PLAY IN VANCOUVER AGAIN

You know....

Mantha is absolutely doable or Nyquist and a 1st for Edler.

Edler for mantha+ in my opinion is what edler will get. After the olympics as detroit will want to see his play when the team is good. I am also sure kesler will be traded as well so maybe mantha+ weise for edler? Salary dump for them. Potential 2nd line center to replace kesler who could get us two young prospects.

I really hope so

Edler for mantha+ in my opinion is what edler will get. After the olympics as detroit will want to see his play when the team is good. I am also sure kesler will be traded as well so maybe mantha+ weise for edler? Salary dump for them. Potential 2nd line center to replace kesler who could get us two young prospects.

No I have stated this a few times.

Edler 3rd and 5th for

Mantha 1st 2nd and either Samuelsson or Tootoo to offset the cap issues

It makes to much sense to happen though.

The reason I say Mantha is because Nyquist is productive NOW and Detroit needs him to stay in the playoff hunt

Detroit had seroius interest back then, and I dont think that has changed. Theyre probably spinning the same scenario at Gillis, being able to see the situation Vancouver is at.

I believe that Detroit would have to give up one of Nyquist/Tatar/Mantha in the deal, plus GIllis wants a prospect d-man, and a 1st round pick... Detroit was in last June... except for the 1st rounder....

Im sure thered be a few other teams in on Edler, and hopefully drive up the negotiating value. This should get interesting.

Just like to bold and capitalize this for everryone

BERTUZZI WILL NEVER PLAY IN VANCOUVER AGAIN

You know....

Mantha is absolutely doable or Nyquist and a 1st for Edler.

If im Detroit why do I trade my best prospect? With Datsyuk 35 Zetterburg 33 hes their future player to fill that void when they retire in 4 years...By the time Dats is gone Mantha will be a 1st line star...Ya I get Bert wont play in Van again I can dream tho just like everyone with Mantha

0 chance Mantha on the table hes their best prospect why move him for Edler?

Probably be Tatar/Nyquist/Helm+mid prospect/Bertuzzi+pick

id love Helm Bert and a 1st for Edler

Detroit has actually said their 3 untouchable prospects are tartar, jurco and nyqvist. Also keeping in mind the rumor last year was 1st round pick (mantha) + brenden smith for edler and we said no so it seems detroit don't feel they need msntha. Probably picked him to restart talks with van while mantha's value rose. This is why detroit is such a good team. Great management moves.

Detroit has actually said their 3 untouchable prospects are tartar, jurco and nyqvist. Also keeping in mind the rumor last year was 1st round pick (mantha) + brenden smith for edler and we said no so it seems detroit don't feel they need msntha. Probably picked him to restart talks with van while mantha's value rose. This is why detroit is such a good team. Great management moves.

As you said value changes if im Detroit I don't move him unless its overpayment and that's also why I included Helm in as he is an option for Detroit to move same as a mid prospect and a 1st in this years draft

If im Detroit why do I trade my best prospect? With Datsyuk 35 Zetterburg 33 hes their future player to fill that void when they retire in 4 years...By the time Dats is gone Mantha will be a 1st line star...Ya I get Bert wont play in Van again I can dream tho just like everyone with Mantha

Bert 2 years ago would be a helluva pick up don't get me wrong. but between the on going lawsuit burned bridges and bad memories there is just no way.

Again, Nyquist is the current engine behind the team, Mantha is just a prospect. It would be easier to get a prospect with no pro experience with an offer of a top 2 D man than it would be to get the best scoring threat on the team right now

As you said value changes if im Detroit I don't move him unless its overpayment and that's also why I included Helm in as he is an option for Detroit to move same as a mid prospect and a 1st in this years draft

Detroit values edler really high and mantha is going to be the prospect van asks for.... why? Idk he can score unlike anyone else on our team and he is big. Trust me it would be best for both teams. Detroit needs a big d man van needs a big prospects. Both teams that respect eachother a lot fix their problems together. Trust detroit has more than enough young talent right now anyways.

Bert 2 years ago would be a helluva pick up don't get me wrong. but between the on going lawsuit burned bridges and bad memories there is just no way.

Again, Nyquist is the current engine behind the team, Mantha is just a prospect. It would be easier to get a prospect with no pro experience with an offer of a top 2 D man than it would be to get the best scoring threat on the team right now

im agreeing on Nyquist and reason I want Bert back is not for his allstar play its to mentor Kassian on being a top notch PWF we need him to be....And yes Mantha is a prospect so using that same term could we no trade Horvat for something? Shink? We moved all our prospects for rentals last few years and now all we really have is Horvat, Shink, Gaunce, Jensen in the system besised Horvat none are probably going to be NHL ready

im agreeing on Nyquist and reason I want Bert back is not for his allstar play its to mentor Kassian on being a top notch PWF we need him to be....And yes Mantha is a prospect so using that same term could we no trade Horvat for something? Shink? We moved all our prospects for rentals last few years and now all we really have is Horvat, Shink, Gaunce, Jensen in the system besised Horvat none are probably going to be NHL ready

HOrvat, Gaunce, jensen, Shinkaruk, Hutton, Lain, Mallett, Corrado, Lack, eriksson, Grenier, Cederholm, Fox, Tommernes, Subban and more.

That is a very solid depth of prospects for a team that has drafted 20th or lower for basically the last 5 years.

Bert is to beat up and slow to be an effective mentor for Kassian as it stands, again 2 years ago perfect player to bring in. now not so much.

The difference between using that "prospect" label is that Mantha can be adnagled where as losing Nyquist kills a large part of Detroits production. Horvat or anyone else as it stands remain untouchable because we have nobody that young and dynamic on our roster propping up our offense. in fact NOBODY is propping up our offense which is why trades are going to happen.

I also argue that we have a great deal of the aforementioned prospects that could and should step into the line up next year

Archived