The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

A mild digression, the Canucks may want to want until the draft and off-season before making any significant trades/changes. Simply put, the Canucks are in a funk, yes, but it does not mean they are completely done and non-competative. Currently the Canucks are struggling, a five game losing streak. And we are not scoring, and as fans we are losing our minds. However, does anyone here think L.A. should rebuild, and demand major changes in their offense? My question is because they are currently on a four game losing streak, and they are only three points ahead of the Canucks. Further, we have scored more goals then they have this season. Granted, their goals against is a lot less, but that could have a lot of reasons. Just something to consider, a team like L.A. is struggling and scoring less goals; I just wonder if they are calling for a rebuild.

And they no injuries. None. LA doesn't even have a spot on the TSN injuries list.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

But the counter argument is that LA is still young. They have next year, and the next few years to content. Our opportunity is shrinking.

Hansen will not bring you a 1st and a top prospect IMO.

He is probably worth the same as Tyler Kennedy, maybe a 2nd round pick at most.

And no one wants Luongo...not at the price Gillis wants.

And honestly, Lack has better trade value than Lu.

A mild digression, the Canucks may want to want until the draft and off-season before making any significant trades/changes. Simply put, the Canucks are in a funk, yes, but it does not mean they are completely done and non-competative. Currently the Canucks are struggling, a five game losing streak. And we are not scoring, and as fans we are losing our minds. However, does anyone here think L.A. should rebuild, and demand major changes in their offense? My question is because they are currently on a four game losing streak, and they are only three points ahead of the Canucks. Further, we have scored more goals then they have this season. Granted, their goals against is a lot less, but that could have a lot of reasons. Just something to consider, a team like L.A. is struggling and scoring less goals; I just wonder if they are calling for a rebuild.

LA is bigger younger and has a cup under their belt and little or no NTC's at all plus they play under a Sutter system which has always been high D low scoring

Where as The canucks have been sliding for 3 seasons and have still not yet hit bottom, added we have only scored more than 2 goals....what 3 times in 20 games or so?

And they no injuries. None. LA doesn't even have a spot on the TSN injuries list.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

But the counter argument is that LA is still young. They have next year, and the next few years to content. Our opportunity is shrinking.

Thank you for bringing some reason back to CDC. The team's playing like garbage and has injuries EVERYWHERE and CDC wants to blow the whole thing up. I literally face palmed when I started reading some of the garbage on this board today. It's frankly disgusting and makes me ashamed to be part of the same fan base.

This year was always going to be a crap shoot (and lately there's been a LOT of awe crap and awe shoot). If we can get some healthy bodies back over the Olympic break we could still make the playoffs despite having an as yet largely abysmal year.

Calm the frack down everyone! There'll be some decent changes made this season and this summer but panicking/trading away everyone is not the answer to keeping the team competitive now or in the future. You're all at LEAST two years early.

I see your list and raise you

Kesler

Hamhuis

Edler

Burrows

Hansen

Luongo

I can see a minimum of 3 of those guys leaving and the return being no less than a 1st round pick and or top prospect minimum for all.

Unless Hamhuis has an issue with Torts, I don't see him waiving from his home province, same with Garrison. That said, there are reports of some friction there........I don't want Hammer to move though, he's the guy you build around. he just needs to play a little less.

Unless Hamhuis has an issue with Torts, I don't see him waiving from his home province, same with Garrison. That said, there are reports of some friction there........I don't want Hammer to move though, he's the guy you build around. he just needs to play a little less.

I would move Torts before moving Hamhuis... to question Hamhuis' ability and dedication is to question whether the sun will rise tomorrow.

I think Edler is one guy that we can afford to trade and can get something good in return.... but for heaven's sake he is only 27.

Thank you for bringing some reason back to CDC. The team's playing like garbage and has injuries EVERYWHERE and CDC wants to blow the whole thing up. I literally face palmed when I started reading some of the garbage on this board today. It's frankly disgusting and makes me ashamed to be part of the same fan base.

This year was always going to be a crap shoot (and lately there's been a LOT of awe crap and awe shoot). If we can get some healthy bodies back over the Olympic break we could still make the playoffs despite having an as yet largely abysmal year.

Calm the frack down everyone! There'll be some decent changes made this season and this summer but panicking/trading away everyone is not the answer to keeping the team competitive now or in the future. You're all at LEAST two years early.

this has been a steady decline since game 7........address it or bcome the Flames........no stars, no prospects, just mediocrity for as far as you can see. Will it happen? Probably not, but this is a discussion board, a place to discuss things.

this has been a steady decline since game 7........address it or bcome the Flames........no stars, no prospects, just mediocrity for as far as you can see. Will it happen? Probably not, but this is a discussion board, a place to discuss things.

It's already being addressed. Or did you not notice the swift change in direction last summer?

It's already being addressed. Or did you not notice the swift change in direction last summer?

what change of direction was that? Down? Downgrade in coaching, downgrade in players coming in compared to players going out........not sure I get what youre getting at

what change of direction was that? Down? Downgrade in coaching, downgrade in players coming in compared to players going out........not sure I get what youre getting at

Accumulation of assets and a change from outright "win now at all costs" to retaining or adding picks/prospects and a "stay competitive while building for the future" mindset.

Or did you miss the Schneider trade, the rest of the draf, pretty much everything since then and our prospect pool going from the bottom third of the league to the middle third?

Why does everyone want to trade Kesler away? He leads the team in goals, faceoffs, probably takeaways and backchecks if people count those.

I don't know. I guess he isn't a Canuck for life like the Sedins. To me, he's a far greater player than either Sedin. How he took the shots yesterday defending the open net says it all. Willing to sacrifice everything.

Accumulation of assets and a change from outright "win now at all costs" to retaining or adding picks/prospects and a "stay competitive while building for the future" mindset.

Or did you miss the Schneider trade, the rest of the draf, pretty much everything since then and our prospect pool going from the bottom third of the league to the middle third?

I like Horvat, don't get me wrong, but I think MG dropped the ball on that one.........I'd be willing to bet that had he kicked a few more tires he could have found a player out there, under 23 making an impact in the league, right now, for Schneider.

As I said, I like Horvat, but I don't think he was good value for a goalie of Schneid's level. It is, however, nice to have a cpl of decent prospects in the system.

I like Horvat, don't get me wrong, but I think MG dropped the ball on that one.........I'd be willing to bet that had he kicked a few more tires he could have found a player out there, under 23 making an impact in the league, right now, for Schneider.

As I said, I like Horvat, but I don't think he was good value for a goalie of Schneid's level. It is, however, nice to have a cpl of decent prospects in the system.

I didn't ask you what you thought of the trade (nor do I particularly care). I asked you if you missed it or what it signified.

I would move Torts before moving Hamhuis... to question Hamhuis' ability and dedication is to question whether the sun will rise tomorrow.

I think Edler is one guy that we can afford to trade and can get something good in return.... but for heaven's sake he is only 27.

In BC, the rain and clouds stop the sun from rising. A better metaphor would be "when whales don't swim in water".

I don't know. I guess he isn't a Canuck for life like the Sedins. To me, he's a far greater player than either Sedin. How he took the shots yesterday defending the open net says it all. Willing to sacrifice everything.

ha, and henrik isn't out there "sacrificing" right now?

give me a goddamn break. henrik even in decline is twice the player and ten times the leader kesler will ever be.

Archived