The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets 4, Collapsers 3

It's a process

as a comparison, i guarantee the sedins are considered part of sweden's leadership group.

again, who cares if the Sedins are mentioned as part of the leadership group?

let's actually look at the respective teams and roster players that have had leadership experience at the NHL level. (source wikipedia)

Team Sweden

Captains= Zetterberg, Sedin, Landeskog

Alternates=Backstrom, Sedin, Steen, Kronwall, Tallinder

Out of these guys, the only person that might have more leadership experience than the Sedins is Zetterberg.

Landeskog is a noob. So is Backstrom. Steen is a one hit wonder. Kronwall is decent and Tallinder is pretty much like a Hamhuis. So it makes sense that the Sedins are mentioned as part of the leadership group because really, that team isnt oozing with leadership material.

USA?

Captains=Brown, Backes, Callahan,

Alternates= Oshie, Orpik, Suter, Parise, Stasny, Kesler

I think a group of Brown, Backes, Callahan, Suter, Parise, Stasny, Kesler is a much stronger leadership group to crack than the current Swedish one

That being said, the whole leadership thing is overblown.

I could care less whether Kesler was captain or not. What I do care about is, if we were to blow up the team, I would rather have Kesler type of players on my team rather than the Sedins because one day, I actually want to win a cup and a player like Kesler, Bergeron, Toews is what wins you a cup, not one dimensional players that disappear when the going gets tough.

Probably because Burr has proven that he'll work his tail off, take total abuse in front of the net and come through when we need him.

Booth has not.

So Burr gets more of a free pass based on we know he has heart and will put it all out there. Booth's still being assessed on that.

Clearer?

. burrows hasnt scored dating back to twenty or so games before the end of last season. Nobody should be getting a free pass on this team except Luongo. The only excuse burr may have going for him is his full shield but he needs to step up.

I don't know if you just like arguing or if you are really serious...

on the Canucks, which forward would you rather keep than Kesler?

The only close choice is H Sedin but even the 2011 cup run proved how much more valuable Kesler was compared to Sedin.

Round 1 vs Chi

It was Kesler that matched up head to head with Chicago's top line of Toews and for the record, Kesler won that matchup with a +4 while Toews finished -4.

On the other hand, Sedin lost his match up to Chicago's 3rd line centred by Bolland as once Bolland returned to the lineup for the final 4 games, Sedin posted a -7 .

Round 2 against Nashville

Kesler pretty much single handedly defeated Nashville.

Sedin on the other hand,was a liability that series and ended a -4

Round 3 against SJ

props to Henrik He played well against SJ and ended +4 but props also to Kesler as he had a tougher matchup against SJ's top line matched up against Thornton and ended even,

Round 4 vs Boston. They both played awful.

It's 2014 not 2011.How is referring to 2011 exploits relevent in 2014.Try to quit hanging on to yesteryear.

He has failed to improve or return to that form and it really dosen't appear that he ever will.

I don't know if you just like arguing or if you are really serious...

on the Canucks, which forward would you rather keep than Kesler?

The only close choice is H Sedin but even the 2011 cup run proved how much more valuable Kesler was compared to Sedin.

Round 1 vs Chi

It was Kesler that matched up head to head with Chicago's top line of Toews and for the record, Kesler won that matchup with a +4 while Toews finished -4.

On the other hand, Sedin lost his match up to Chicago's 3rd line centred by Bolland as once Bolland returned to the lineup for the final 4 games, Sedin posted a -7 .

Round 2 against Nashville

Kesler pretty much single handedly defeated Nashville.

Sedin on the other hand,was a liability that series and ended a -4

Round 3 against SJ

props to Henrik He played well against SJ and ended +4 but props also to Kesler as he had a tougher matchup against SJ's top line matched up against Thornton and ended even,

Round 4 vs Boston. They both played awful.

there's no question that i enjoy playing devils advocate, but in this particular case I'm just really sick of canucks fans overrating kesler and undervaluing the sedins.

i personally can't stand kesler and have been stating that he should be traded for years now. i'll keep the sedins every day of the week and twice in sunday. its a no brainer.

I could care less whether Kesler was captain or not. What I do care about is, if we were to blow up the team, I would rather have Kesler type of players on my team rather than the Sedins because one day, I actually want to win a cup and a player like Kesler, Bergeron, Toews is what wins you a cup, not one dimensional players that disappear when the going gets tough.

The Sedins practically made a guy playing in the ECHL into a 30 goals scorer. If you think Kesler can do that, you're dead wrong. He has already had numerous attempts to carry the offensive when the twins aren't scoring, yet he hasn't shown it (besides a game or two). Kesler isn't a guy who can carry a line on his back, like the guys you mentioned above. It's been a revolving door when it comes to his wingers.

The Sedins practically made a guy playing in the ECHL into a 30 goals scorer. If you think Kesler can do that, you're dead wrong. He has already had numerous attempts to carry the offensive when the twins aren't scoring, yet he hasn't shown it (besides a game or two). Kesler isn't a guy who can carry a line on his back, like the guys you mentioned above. It's been a revolving door when it comes to his wingers.

with kes it goes beyond not making his linemates better, to the point where he actually makes them worse. his nickname should be the linekiller.

with kes it goes beyond not making his linemates better, to the point where he actually makes them worse. his nickname should be the linekiller.

I think if you were to go back to last seasons posts,there were many suggesting Kesler was the common denominator in the 2nd lines woes,I know I wrote a few in answer to posts that were derogatory to his line mates.No matter how many linemates he had and there were many it was always their fault, yet he was the player that never moved.

Up until the last half dozen games a supposed write off getting paid about a tenth of Keslers wage was outplaying him and unfortunately is now injured for the rest of the season.Yes, Santorelli.

Detroit struggling playing injured as well

Boston they beat

Toronto they beat

Montreal iffy Luongo might steal this one for them

they could easily go 4-0 i have little doubt they will at least go 2-2 beating Detroit and Toronto

I'm feeling 3-1

Detroit: L

Boston: W

Montreal: W

Toronto: W

I think if you were to go back to last seasons posts,there were many suggesting Kesler was the common denominator in the 2nd lines woes,I know I wrote a few in answer to posts that were derogatory to his line mates.No matter how many linemates he had and there were many it was always their fault, yet he was the player that never moved.

Up until the last half dozen games a supposed write off getting paid about a tenth of Keslers wage was outplaying him and unfortunately is now injured for the rest of the season.

It's funny that you guys refer to Kesler as the line killer. People complain about MG not finding a suitable winger for the Sedins. How about Kesler? At least the Sedins had each other. Kesler had left over scrubs like Samuelsson who Detroit did not want to even keep at 2.5m, Higgins who was worth a 2nd round pick, and is now signed for 2.5m, Raymond who BARELY stayed in the NHL this year, and Santorelli who signed at league minimum as he too was close to getting cut from the league.

All the scrubs mentioned pretty much had career years playing with Kesler. Raymond who is having a fabulous year playing in the crappy Eastern Conference is still behind pace compared to his career year with Kesler.

Burrows is now getting 4.5m and Sedins are going to get paid 7m each. That's a 18.5m 1st line.

You keep Kes at 5m and give him 13.5m worth of complimentary wingers and I GURANTEE you that not only would he be able to go head to head against the Sedin line but he will absolutely kick the crap out of the Sedin's line.

The way I see it, if he is good enough to take on the Toews line, he is definitely good enough to take over the Sedins line as the top line.

This team has had the same core far to long, something needs to be done .. this team has just been adding in fillers, yes some have been surprises santorelli for example but damn do we need some sort of trade to help this team for the future I do not want this team to be the next calgary flames and trade the players when their well past their peek for asking price

again, who cares if the Sedins are mentioned as part of the leadership group?

let's actually look at the respective teams and roster players that have had leadership experience at the NHL level. (source wikipedia)

Team Sweden

Captains= Zetterberg, Sedin, Landeskog

Alternates=Backstrom, Sedin, Steen, Kronwall, Tallinder

Out of these guys, the only person that might have more leadership experience than the Sedins is Zetterberg.

Landeskog is a noob. So is Backstrom. Steen is a one hit wonder. Kronwall is decent and Tallinder is pretty much like a Hamhuis. So it makes sense that the Sedins are mentioned as part of the leadership group because really, that team isnt oozing with leadership material.

USA?

Captains=Brown, Backes, Callahan,

Alternates= Oshie, Orpik, Suter, Parise, Stasny, Kesler

I think a group of Brown, Backes, Callahan, Suter, Parise, Stasny, Kesler is a much stronger leadership group to crack than the current Swedish one

Wow, so 2/3rds of the teams now are named captains or alternates........talk about fragile egos

It's funny that you guys refer to Kesler as the line killer. People complain about MG not finding a suitable winger for the Sedins. How about Kesler? At least the Sedins had each other. Kesler had left over scrubs like Samuelsson who Detroit did not want to even keep at 2.5m, Higgins who was worth a 2nd round pick, and is now signed for 2.5m, Raymond who BARELY stayed in the NHL this year, and Santorelli who signed at league minimum as he too was close to getting cut from the league.

All the scrubs mentioned pretty much had career years playing with Kesler. Raymond who is having a fabulous year playing in the crappy Eastern Conference is still behind pace compared to his career year with Kesler.

Burrows is now getting 4.5m and Sedins are going to get paid 7m each. That's a 18.5m 1st line.

You keep Kes at 5m and give him 13.5m worth of complimentary wingers and I GURANTEE you that not only would he be able to go head to head against the Sedin line but he will absolutely kick the crap out of the Sedin's line.

The way I see it, if he is good enough to take on the Toews line, he is definitely good enough to take over the Sedins line as the top line.

well, he looked terrible playing with daniel and burrows and that's $11.5 mil in linemates. close enough?

samuelsson made kesler, and its because when he was on kesler's line, the play ran through him. he carried the puck into the zone, dictated the pace and the strategy.

kesler doesnt have the brains offensively to be the leader of a line. its why his best offensive performances came playing with samuelsson and sundin, two guys who took charge.

Is someone saying Kesler is selfish and full of himself? Shocking. And some fans want more Keslers on this team?

Archived