The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets 4, Collapsers 3

It's a process

I love Daniel, - I own 2 jerseys of his and a Stanley cup final shirt.

But i must say that he has been absolute garbage, AND what really pisses me off are those post game comments about saying were trying, not going are way, every team faces this.

I used to see magic from him. I used to see him as the face of the Canucks. Now i see a guy who doesnt care.

All he does is go up the middle either dump it in and change, or pass it to avoid any hit. He wont shoot any more and i have seen no Sedin magic.

It makes me sad to see this once great player, play like this. I do hope he can return to his old self, but i dont see it happening well until he gets to play for Sweden.

Hopefully this is just a repeat of the 08/09 season. I remember when everyone back then wanted AV's head on a stick and trade the entire team away.

It isn't.

The 08/09 team's core was 5 years younger and on the upswing as we now know. This team is in the opposite situation. Our top "sniper" Daniel Sedin will be very lucky to hit 20 goals and 60 points this year.

Why? He let in 2 bad goals tonight - should have had the 1st and the last.

But yes, he should have played last game and Luongo this one IMHO.

How can you honestly say that lack should have had the last one? The role of the defence is to clear the front of the net, not park their over-payed asses in front of it.

OntarioCanucker - I Agree! Tortelini is going to crash & burn really fast the way he's going. He's driving this team in the ground faster than Gillis. This old team can't handle playing a game on 2 to 2-1/2 lines a game. That's torture and inhumane!

Tortorella has been gone the last 6 games in case you missed it no contact nothing

A gutless game by a gutless team. The retool needs to happen now and the first to go should be the twin $7 M anchors keeping this ship moored in the dock.

Isnt this a little dramatic Phil? they played with 5 d for most of the game and pushed the home team thats on a high roll to the last minute.

Very little separates NHL teams these days. If your goalie has a bad game or you are missing prominent players from your lineup the other team has a big advantage.

Some of you sky is falling guys should have been watching in the 80s and late 90s to see what really bad teams looked like.

This team goes on a one month skid and the locals are ready to blow up the whole stadium.

Everyone knows they are not good enough to win a cup - but lets be reasonable.

It isn't.

The 08/09 team's core was 5 years younger and on the upswing as we now know. This team is in the opposite situation. Our top "sniper" Daniel Sedin will be very lucky to hit 20 goals and 60 points this year.

Okay...maybe the 07/08 season then :P

Naslund, Morrison --> Sedins and Burrows

Now...Horvat, Shinkaruk, Kassian? Nevermind...still too early. I'm ready to brace myself for a couple of bad seasons with this team.

How can you honestly say that lack should have had the last one? The role of the defence is to clear the front of the net, not park their over-payed asses in front of it.

Timing. If it was Luongo everyone would have said the same.

Our defense is mediocre to say the least - yes, we were down to 5.....

Hamhuis is a good guy, good team player.

But...he is the guy I would try and convince to waive the NTC. Gillis needs to move him while he still has team canada prestige and still has a reputation as a solid defender.

Playing big minutes has exposed him. Lots of bad pinches, has tripped over his own feet several times this year resulting in goals against,cant snipe the net even if he had a million dollar bonus to do so. Maybe V's system made him look better than he really is...

He is the guy that would get you the biggest one for one return right now.

Hamhuis is a good guy, good team player.

But...he is the guy I would try and convince to waive the NTC. Gillis needs to move him while he still has team canada prestige and still has a reputation as a solid defender.

Playing big minutes has exposed him. Lots of bad pinches, has tripped over his own feet several times this year resulting in goals against,cant snipe the net even if he had a million dollar bonus to do so. Maybe V's system made him look better than he really is...

He is the guy that would get you the biggest one for one return right now.

the biggest return right now would be Kesler and Edler due to age and previous seasons

It will be two years this coming March that Daniel took Keith's hit to his head that changed his career.

Some borderline serious head injury victims recover after a couple of years ,so there is upside to his game.

Hank should be healthier after a much needed rest.

Olympic hockey will help both of these two guys (and Edler) as int'l play is up tempo without the WWF NHL torture routine.

The twins have been this team and I see them as being in a better mental position to lead this team come this spring.

No NHL second line wingers for Kes are what has hurt this team since Samuelsson left.

the biggest return right now would be Kesler and Edler due to age and previous seasons

Kesler is one of about 4-5 guys I wouldnt touch. He is on a high 20 goal pace on this team that doesnt generate much if any offence.

Id trade Hamhuis before I would trade Edler though..

No NHL second line wingers for Kes are what has hurt this team since Samuelsson left.

Santorelli and Higgins are actually better than average second line players. The problem is that the Canucks have 5 top 6 players and a giant Burrows shaped hole. They lack a good linemate for the Sedins, who themselves are just average first line players now in the NHL.

Id trade Hamhuis before I would trade Edler though.

Not a chance in hell would I trade Hamhuis. He'd be the last D man I trade. I'd trade Tanev and Bieksa before I traded Hammer. Edler would fetch a good return of a first line player for the Sedins. Then Burr would get dropped to 3rd line minutes.

Archived