The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Mtl

Chances are they won't trade him, which makes this a moot point. But Montreal (both fans and management and coaches) have always had a love-hate relationship with Subban. With his contract up after this year (RFA), they may be willing to deal for the right price.

We need a defenseman who can bring the puck out of the zone. We also have lots of quite good defenseman but no elite ones. This trade helps both teams, in my opinion.

To Montreal: Alex Edler, Alex Burrows

To Vancouver: PK Subban, Rene Bourque

Bourque needs a change of scenery and knows the west from his days in Calgary. He is the type of player we need. Montreal also wants to dump his contract.

Burrows and Edler are two solid players (although underachieving) who jump into Montreals lineup and help them immediately. Losing PK hurts, but overall they are probably more well rounded.

We get a young elite defenseman who adds jump and passion back into our lineup. He'll help our struggling PP, bring the puck out of our zone, and log big minutes.

You can also add picks depending on how fair you feel this is.

I'm with those who believe there is a deal that could work for both teams. I'm not a fan of giving up Burrows. He s going to come around. He s got a few years left. Edler would be a risk in their minds and everyone elses around the league. His value was once high, but the past couple seasons have been disastrous for him. That being said, I do think he needs a change, but it will be at a reduced price. We already know that Montreal brass will want half a roster worth of players, prospects, draft picks and god to personally come down and hand a Stanley Cup to them personally. But here it goes.

Alex Edler

Chris Higgins

Hunter Shinkarik

1st rnd pick

for

PK Subban

Rene Bourque

Here s why I like this deal. As already stated Edler needs a change. It may kick start his career again. With the emergence of Dane Fox as an offensive juggernaut, I feel Shinkarik becomes expendable. I know he s a blue chip prospect, and I hate dealing them too, but it goes back to Edler being a risk; we ll have to anti up. Shinkarik is going to be a top six forward that Montreal can surely use. The departure of Higgins would open the door for Alex Grenier whom, I believe is going to be a top power forward in the league. I see him next to Ryan Kesler or an anchor on the third line. Another option I'd like to see is moving Schroeder to the wing on the second line. As I said; Montreal is going to want the house for Subban so the first rnd pick should be enough. It s going to be a mid first rounder, in my opinion, so they ll get a solid prospect.

We get one of the best defenceman in the game today. I believe he wants out of Montreal, and a chance to maybe play with his brother one day would definately be inticing. He also bring a type of character I can see as only being beneficial to our confidence moving forward. He is still very young and will provide us with a solid blue liner for years to come. I think he s worth the price Rene Bourque, much like Edler, needs a reset. He is a solid player. He does need to get his game back. I can see on the third line. He is in his early thirties, but I think Torts can get him going again.

Obviously, the odds of any deal at all are not good, but I do feel this is a deal, if put forward would have Montreal thinking.

I can see what some of you are saying that we'd need to add some to Edler and Burrows. Maybe Shinkaruk or a first or second rounder. Overall it is still a really good return for Subban.

I'm with those who believe there is a deal that could work for both teams. I'm not a fan of giving up Burrows. He s going to come around. He s got a few years left. Edler would be a risk in their minds and everyone elses around the league. His value was once high, but the past couple seasons have been disastrous for him. That being said, I do think he needs a change, but it will be at a reduced price. We already know that Montreal brass will want half a roster worth of players, prospects, draft picks and god to personally come down and hand a Stanley Cup to them personally. But here it goes.

Alex Edler

Chris Higgins

Hunter Shinkarik

1st rnd pick

for

PK Subban

Rene Bourque

Here s why I like this deal. As already stated Edler needs a change. It may kick start his career again. With the emergence of Dane Fox as an offensive juggernaut, I feel Shinkarik becomes expendable. I know he s a blue chip prospect, and I hate dealing them too, but it goes back to Edler being a risk; we ll have to anti up. Shinkarik is going to be a top six forward that Montreal can surely use. The departure of Higgins would open the door for Alex Grenier whom, I believe is going to be a top power forward in the league. I see him next to Ryan Kesler or an anchor on the third line. Another option I'd like to see is moving Schroeder to the wing on the second line. As I said; Montreal is going to want the house for Subban so the first rnd pick should be enough. It s going to be a mid first rounder, in my opinion, so they ll get a solid prospect.

We get one of the best defenceman in the game today. I believe he wants out of Montreal, and a chance to maybe play with his brother one day would definately be inticing. He also bring a type of character I can see as only being beneficial to our confidence moving forward. He is still very young and will provide us with a solid blue liner for years to come. I think he s worth the price Rene Bourque, much like Edler, needs a reset. He is a solid player. He does need to get his game back. I can see on the third line. He is in his early thirties, but I think Torts can get him going again.

Obviously, the odds of any deal at all are not good, but I do feel this is a deal, if put forward would have Montreal thinking.

I'd much rather trade Burrows than 1st, Shinkaruk and Higgins. This proposal hurts us more long-term than my proposal and arguable hurts us more this year as Higgins is playing better than Burrows right now

I can see what some of you are saying that we'd need to add some to Edler and Burrows. Maybe Shinkaruk or a first or second rounder. Overall it is still a really good return for Subban.

I'd much rather trade Burrows than 1st, Shinkaruk and Higgins. This proposal hurts us more long-term than my proposal and arguable hurts us more this year as Higgins is playing better than Burrows right now

I know it s a lot, but like i said; it s going to take a lot for Montreal to let go of Subban. I just don t think your proposal would be enough. I wouldn t want to see the likes of Shinkarik go either, but my point was that (in my humble opinion) it will take that kind of boldness to secure him. If he did make a move for Subban, i don t think anyone would question MGs boldness again.

Archived