The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Lack - 0 Wings - 2

TheTruthHurts

26 doesn't matter how old i am it's again pathetic disrespectful and embarrassing the posts on this board a lot of you act like the Canucks owe you something like your entitled to something

guess what they don't owe you squat i don't care how many tickets you have boughten it means nothing and the end of the day it's entertainment and it's not always good theirs ups and downs every single team goes through it

then people wonder why Canuck fans have a bad rep around the league people need to look in the mirror and see the answer

You shouldn't generalize. Most Nucks fans are no better or no worse than any other fans. The people that are the most critical of Nucks fans are other Nucks fans.

Hiring this coach was the problem. This team had a PP that killed the league.

Get a smooth puck moving d man to play with Edler.

Whomever plays the best with Garrison mans the second pairing.

Gillis signed the Sedins to finish out their careers here.I hope he has a plan to accentuate their talents instead of making them block shots and dump n chase.

As for the gong show,Tootsie leads the league in that department.

PS.. If the Sedins are really such elite players, you mean to tell me that having them block shots and assist the team in the defensive element, something they've done very little of in their canuck careers, this is why they are struggling to produce?

Cmon.. You can't actually believe this can you? The Sedins need to focus on accentuating their talents, not the frigging coach.. He's not playing on the ice.

Have you guys ever considered watching your team play without this big expectation of contending for the cup or winning every night?

We are going through a natural cycle. We have been drafting outside the top 10 since we drafted the twins in 99. You can look to the red wings all you want but in the end, it catches up with the other 99% of the teams.

We had a good team from 2001 to 2013. A contending team from 2009 to 2012. We got 2 prez trophies, two scoring titles, a hart, a selke, jack adams and the GM award. Jennings trophy as well.

Give up trying to complain and lets just watch the team. You will feel a lot better. :)

I don't think watching this team makes many Canucks fans feel very good. It's kinda stressful

Have you guys ever considered watching your team play without this big expectation of contending for the cup or winning every night?

We are going through a natural cycle. We have been drafting outside the top 10 since we drafted the twins in 99. You can look to the red wings all you want but in the end, it catches up with the other 99% of the teams.

We had a good team from 2001 to 2013. A contending team from 2009 to 2012. We got 2 prez trophies, two scoring titles, a hart, a selke, jack adams and the GM award. Jennings trophy as well.

Give up trying to complain and lets just watch the team. You will feel a lot better. :)

I don't expect a win every night but i do except a full 60 minute effort from every player, especially the ones being paid 7 million.

Stand by the team or move on kids, this farce has gone on long enough.

Realize that we are doing the right thing.

After the Olympic break, start crying if we don't regroup, but seriously you have 3 choices

1. Take a breath, realize what has happened to this team.

2. Acknowledge that we're going to be healthier(ish)

3. Well, obviously your mother microwaved your bottles so just throw in your diaper / towel.

I know I for one am having a tough of enough time accepting medicority after the run two years ago. I for one feel most of that was attributed to the 40 year anniversery than a great team. It sucks but I am getting used to the fact that we might not win before I die.

It sucks. :)

Ouch......no need for name calling sir....

Anywhooo. ..did u see the brutal BRUTAL! bank pass to NOBODY but 2nd wings players lol

Hamuseless is way over rated. The only time I like his play is when he is rocking the stay at home defense which is great unless he is skating around with his head cut off

You should phone Hockey Canada and offer your expert analysis so they can refrain from making such hideous decisions.

A lot parallels to the fans attitudes now and then too. After losing in the first round to the AV's in '96 it was clear that the team peaked in '94. That was their last hurrah. Bure wasn't happy, people in the city started to question Linden's leadership, and what he had left in the tank. The fans and media at that time turned on that team. On that core that is now legend. People mock the Messier deal now, but at the time it's what everyone wanted. A real captain. Everyone wanted that whole team gone, and they got their wish. And it was brutal hockey to watch for years.

Good observation.

Also Quinn replaced by Iron Mike. And Kirk Mclean traded for Sean Burke.

Lots of regrets.

Stand by the team or move on kids, this farce has gone on long enough.

Realize that we are doing the right thing.

After the Olympic break, start crying if we don't regroup, but seriously you have 3 choices

1. Take a breath, realize what has happened to this team.

2. Acknowledge that we're going to be healthier(ish)

3. Well, obviously your mother microwaved your bottles so just throw in your diaper / towel.

Doing the right thing..... Please go on.

By the way, fans have many choices based on what they feel works for them. One thing that doesn't work for most fans is being told what their choices are by a self righteous fan. Just saying.

Where are people getting this idea from.. Its not as if AV left and suddenly our PP tanked.. Its so weird how people forget how poor our pp was prior to this season and since Salo and Ehrhoff had left.

He said hiring Torts was the problem the proceeded to say that we had a PP that killed the league making it sound as if Torts is responsible for why it sucks...

I know I for one am having a tough of enough time accepting medicority after the run two years ago. I for one feel most of that was attributed to the 40 year anniversery than a great team. It sucks but I am getting used to the fact that we might not win before I die.

It sucks. :)

Hang in there bro.

Archived