The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Lack - 0 Wings - 2

TheTruthHurts

Have you guys ever considered watching your team play without this big expectation of contending for the cup or winning every night?

We are going through a natural cycle. We have been drafting outside the top 10 since we drafted the twins in 99. You can look to the red wings all you want but in the end, it catches up with the other 99% of the teams.

We had a good team from 2001 to 2013. A contending team from 2009 to 2012. We got 2 prez trophies, two scoring titles, a hart, a selke, jack adams and the GM award. Jennings trophy as well.

Give up trying to complain and lets just watch the team. You will feel a lot better. :)

This is my philosophy exactly. Just watch and enjoy the good parts. Enjoy the ride.

He said hiring Torts was the problem the proceeded to say that we had a PP that killed the league making it sound as if Torts is responsible for why it sucks...

No,that is not what I said.

Torts is a problem ,many problems.

Has been everywhere he has coached.

The GM failed to support his gifted talent with the types of players that ensures further success.

Evaluating player talent is what successful franchises consistently overachieve at.

I wish he'd just have the balls to come out and say we need better players. I respect him though. It took me 36 years to almost admit defeat.

I think he accomplished just that in the video without losing his job.

1. Called Booth a crapty player.

2. Said we need to change the complexion of the club. (Basically saying "TRADES NAOW")

3. Said he's worried. A coach saying he's worried is basically declaring he cannot change the mindset or trend of the club he's in charge of.

I don't think we'll get much more out of him and I don't think we need to. He said what needed to be said.

This is my philosophy exactly. Just watch and enjoy the good parts. Enjoy the ride.

Maybe Lack can get us 1st overall he has already surpassed what Schneider accomplished in his first year with the Canucks

in all honesty though i hope somehow they figure out a way to keep Lack in his first year he is already showing the ability to steal games

turning ugly now maybe we should all start drinking more or less in the case of Apollo probably passed out drunk somewhere

You know why it's turning ugly? Some of us are upset. Hell, all of us are upset. This team has given up and frankly it's killing me. When I first came on to these boards I was full of positivity. The team looked ready and willing. I was excited about the season.

However this team ain't getting it done. Not even remotely close. I may be blunt and sarcastic with my words, but I'll never cheer for another team. Ever.This team in it's present incarnation are close to being extinct.

Some longstanding members of this team are going elsewhere pretty soon. I just hope it's the right ones, so that the team that remains can find some chemistry and some victory and get back into the race for the Holiest of Grails.

Sorry. I'm totally serious. Guys like Richardson, Dalpe, Lain, and Stanton are really giving it all they got. They deserve better from the top 6.

Every Canuck fan wants the top 6 to be better,they've actually wanted this since 2011,that's how long we've been unable to put the puck in the back of the net for.

Unfortunately that calls for the core to be replaced,now Gillis has said the Sedins are going nowhere,that leaves Kesler must be traded and again that causes problems.Everyone wants change so that we can score again,but the very mention of trading Kesler upsets many,they would rather we change all the peons in the top 6 and expect different results.

We have had this problem since 2011 we've constantly changed the peons without gaining the required results.Think about it !

Have you guys ever considered watching your team play without this big expectation of contending for the cup or winning every night?

We are going through a natural cycle. We have been drafting outside the top 10 since we drafted the twins in 99. You can look to the red wings all you want but in the end, it catches up with the other 99% of the teams.

We had a good team from 2001 to 2013. A contending team from 2009 to 2012. We got 2 prez trophies, two scoring titles, a hart, a selke, jack adams and the GM award. Jennings trophy as well.

Give up trying to complain and lets just watch the team. You will feel a lot better. :)

Man you're dressing things up a bit here.We may have had a good team 2001 - 2013 and a contending team 2009 - 2012,but from 2011 - 2014 we couldn't and can't hit the back of the net when we need to.

Torts said that "we need to change the complexion of our team either with our play or with different people", subtly calling out MG to get something done. Hopefully the management gets what we gotta do so that we don't turn into the Calgary Flames...

again were not even close to being the Flames even if this team keeps the Sedins and Kesler into their late 30's the Canucks rookies and draft picks are already better than the Flames back then and even now

they held onto players for way too long and mortgaged their future for failed playoff runs and missed playoffs

Some of us are upset. Hell, all of us are upset.

I'm not upset at all. I saw this being a year of decline, although admittedly, I didn't foresee the freefall that we're currently seeing. But I continue to watch and see what the breaking point is going to be. Who's going to man up and do the right thing? I find the current mess actually very fascinating.

I'm not upset at all. I saw this being a year of decline, although admittedly, I didn't foresee the freefall that we're currently seeing. But I continue to watch and see what the breaking point is going to be. Who's going to man up and do the right thing? I find the current mess actually very fascinating.

Fair enough. It is kind of fascinating in a house of horrors kinda way where you wonder who's going to make it out the other side.

I think he accomplished just that in the video without losing his job.

1. Called Booth a crapty player.

2. Said we need to change the complexion of the club. (Basically saying "TRADES NAOW")

3. Said he's worried. A coach saying he's worried is basically declaring he cannot change the mindset or trend of the club he's in charge of.

I don't think we'll get much more out of him and I don't think we need to. He said what needed to be said.

I disagree with #1; He called Booth the best forward; he's not expected to BE their best forward - that should be shouldered by the Sedins, who were once again invisible. So it reflects poorly on the rest of the team when someone who is, at least what I'd think is in Torts' mind, expected to be a speedy hard skating forward who creates some scoring changes with physical play. Not the guy expected to shoulder the entire offensive load.

I don't disagree with #2 / #3 as they're basically the same point. This core has their retirement contracts, they're all too comfy with those NTCs.

Archived