The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

POLL: who will replace Stamkos on team Canada?

________ in for Stammer ?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who else is a centre that has the ability to dominate games?

GIROUX!

He definitely was slumping early in the year which is why i think was left off in the first place. But he's turning it around and back to being one of the most dynamic players in the game!

Shout out to St Louis.. its his last kick at the can. Plus he's earned it. And tremendous leadership. I wonder if the players would treat him different being a fill in rather then getting named to the team in the first place? In the respect sort of sense

Yzerman is a big rat.

Only reason I can possibly think stamkos and at Louis were left off the Olympics in 2010 is cause he is a selfish Gm .

And this year same thing didn't want either going so he names stamkos knowing unless through divine intervention he would be unable to go.

He doesn't want to risk tiring them or injuring them I guess. Only thin I can think of.

It's a disgrace to the hockey gods that St. Louis is not on the team and they were both the biggest snubs in 2010.

Yzerman was GM of Tampa when he picked the 2010 team

I'd take Giroux and I think it'll be either him or MSL (MSL would be my close 2nd choice).

Giroux had a slow start but he's been on fire lately, and when he's on his game he's imo one of the best players in the world. I remember last playoffs Philly was in it, even after they were eliminated a round later Giroux STILL had 1st in pts out of the forwards. The guy is a monster in key games--he even obliterated CROSBY of all people.

That being said, MSL has good big-game numbers too. I don't think you can go wrong with either guy.

Who else is a centre that has the ability to dominate games?

GIROUX!

He definitely was slumping early in the year which is why i think was left off in the first place. But he's turning it around and back to being one of the most dynamic players in the game!

Shout out to St Louis.. its his last kick at the can. Plus he's earned it. And tremendous leadership. I wonder if the players would treat him different being a fill in rather then getting named to the team in the first place? In the respect sort of sense

Crosby

Toews

Getzlaf

Tavares

Duchene

Bergeron

Don't get me wrong, Giroux's a great player. But the fact that he's a center and Marty is a natural winger should really work in Marty's favor. St. Louis is already comfortable on the wing, which is where he'd be asked to play anyways. And I don't see the players treating St. Louis with lesser respect for being an injury replacement instead of being named to the roster in the first place. Of all the players in the league, few are as respected as Marty.

Either would be good, but I believe St. Louis is the right choice.

Simply, you - the people - fill out the poll and at the end, we'll have a roughestimate of what people think about replacing Stamkos :)

Also like to say I'm very appreciative of Stammer's decision to not go as he'd jeapordize his career and Canada's chances of winning Hockey Gold since he wouldn't be 100% and even then, not up to par at game speed. No one comes back from an injury like that and plays like they did before without getting used to things over a period of time. They're a step or two behind and over many games will they get that feel back...similarly, I hope Hank opts to not play for Sweden and ensure his health before anything especially considering he's already won Olympic Gold before and it's not that big of a deal for him to win it again.

Wasn't his decision....he didn't get medical clearance....

Wasn't his decision....he didn't get medical clearance....

Pretty sure he had final say in it. He made the statement himself and said he won't go for the better of his 'health down the road'...assuming doctors gave him the option but he decided not to. Or I may be wrong lol.

Giroux went 15 games without scoring to start the season....so he's fairly hot at this point.

Hard to argue with Neal.

MSL would be the popular choice.

Thornton might be the obvious choice, but not a fan, so I'll discriminate against him haha.

I'd go off the chart with Eberle - young player who elevated his game at the international level in an unreal, intangible way - and is trapped amidst mediocrity in Edmonton.

Yzerman is a big rat.

Only reason I can possibly think stamkos and at Louis were left off the Olympics in 2010 is cause he is a selfish Gm .

And this year same thing didn't want either going so he names stamkos knowing unless through divine intervention he would be unable to go.

He doesn't want to risk tiring them or injuring them I guess. Only thin I can think of.

It's a disgrace to the hockey gods that St. Louis is not on the team and they were both the biggest snubs in 2010.

Yet the team he chose won Gold.

Take a hike

Shocked that Giroux wasn't picked to begin with. The guy is a game breaker and arguably the best player in the world 2 years ago. He has 55 points in 50 playoff games and a plus 13! MSL is great too so I wouldn't be surprised if he is picked.

Archived