The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

all 3 goals against were ugly, luongo should've had 2 of them, except the last one since Edler is a SCORING MACHINE against us lol

Shoulda had the raymond goal, Don't know why he was still on his knees after MayRay skated that far from the net.

He had no chance on the other 2, Corrado had to do a better clearing the front of the net, (he'll learn that in time)

and Jesus christ Edler needs to learn to box players out instead of watching the puck, If he had turned the other way and took care of Kessel, the puck would have hit him in the back and dropped instead of having forward motion towards the net.

Sorry to see you guys lose another, it seems like if it can go wrong with the Canucks it does. Hopefully the break does the boys good and the come back and get better results.

No please lose another 10 in a row and get a young player that can be better than 100% of the current team.

Hard to believe Daniel won the Art Ross only 2 1/2 years ago. Talk about a complete drop off in production by a so called elite player .

He is probably nursing a nagging injury and they keep expecting him to play. If he's injured, don't play him....call up someone else. They played Henrik against Montreal and we all saw the pain he was in. That is just plain dumb to play your star and take a chance on him being out and headed for surgery.

I hate how CDC totally reinforces what all my friends that hate on the Canucks say their reasoning is for disliking the team. The fans. SO many bandwagon sports fans in this city. Seahawks jerseys outselling Canucks jerseys the last two months is hilarious. Its hard being a longtime Canucks/Seahawks fan right now, not because I am having trouble supporting my teams but because I end up being subjected to the idiots in the lower mainland.

If you can't handle a bad run of 5 weeks please stop calling yourselves Canucks fans. Support your team.

What is your definition of a long term fan?

Having families is irrelevant to their performance. The majority of hockey players have families...if anything, it should give them more motivation not less. I know I'd want my son/daughter to be with me when hoisting the cup..

After you've suffered a couple of injuries, as a family man, that starts to weigh in for some. You have to be ok long after the game ends...I just think that the mindshift may be changing a bit from "I will die trying" or "at all costs".

My heart believes what Merci posted but my brain says "these guys have to dig deep and find that will to win again". I don't see them laying it all on the line out there and it seems complacent and lethargic at times. But they also don't have to (yet)...they are recovering from injury and perhaps conservation and just getting into the playoffs before investing fully is part of the gameplan. We've seen them completely deplete themselves on the way in before, but you also have to have something in the tank.

Whatever it is, I'm behind them 100%.

Suggested buying out Daniel yesterday, & took an internet-trashing for it! :^)

If he's injured, well ok.. but WHY go to Sochi then?

Sorry, but I wanted the twins to re-sign around 5 mill each..VERY concerned the next four seasons to have them locked in at 14 mill... GREAT gentlemen, & respect them lots, but for FOURTEEN mill-good Lord, they'd best get back to where they were(on-ice play).

Having families is irrelevant to their performance. The majority of hockey players have families...if anything, it should give them more motivation not less. I know I'd want my son/daughter to be with me when hoisting the cup..

This exactly. Would you rather have to face your child one day and say: you know son, after you were born I just kinda stopped giving it my all."No man wants that conversation. Regardless of profession.

I don't buy the family argument very much either

besides, half the players cheat on their wives anyways

wouldn't really call them "family men"

After you've suffered a couple of injuries, as a family man, that starts to weigh in for some. You have to be ok long after the game ends...I just think that the mindshift may be changing a bit from "I will die trying" or "at all costs".

My heart believes what Merci posted but my brain says "these guys have to dig deep and find that will to win again". I don't see them laying it all on the line out there and it seems complacent and lethargic at times. But they also don't have to (yet)...they are recovering from injury and perhaps conservation and just getting into the playoffs before investing fully is part of the gameplan. We've seen them completely deplete themselves on the way in before, but you also have to have something in the tank.

Whatever it is, I'm behind them 100%.

I agree. I just think they need to find their identity, and I don't think they will find it with 5 core guys out of the lineup. This is a much needed break, I think they will heal and move on. If they don't...it's ok...not the end of the world. It's not like I won't cheer for them if they're losing.

OK, so without any reasoning behind your statement, I'd say it's rather weak. Can you do better than 5 words, one of which is my name?

Sure. The Canucks won plenty in 2011 and 2012. Sedins had kids then. As did Lou. And Kesler. And Bieksa. And Hamhuis. And others. Now, they're overcome by their responsibilities at home? They're strong men, they can accomplish both. If making oneself a father compromises their ability to perform, then they're not professionals. Does a surgeon get a pass for bungling operations because he has a child at home? I saw Seahawks on the field last week with lots of little kids in tow. They managed to get the job done. How is that possible?

This excuse-making for the Canucks' failures is approaching the truly bizarre.

Sorry, but I wanted the twins to re-sign around 5 mill each..VERY concerned the next four seasons to have them locked in at 14 mill... GREAT gentlemen, & respect them lots, but for FOURTEEN mill-good Lord, they'd best get back to where they were(on-ice play).

I definitely agree that if he is injured, rest them! Sit them out and let them heal. I do believe their regressed play is due to Torts though. Vancouver has one of the toughest travel schedules and the Sedins are being over worked. Playing 20+ minutes every game against every teams top defensive pairing. Now you have them playing on the PK and being given additional defensive responsibilities. The twins take a fair amount of abuse playing the style they do, I think torts has a bit too much faith in them.

Sure. The Canucks won plenty in 2011 and 2012. Sedins had kids then. As did Lou. And Kesler. And Bieksa. And Hamhuis. And others. Now, they're overcome by their responsibilities at home? They're strong men, they can accomplish both. If making oneself a father compromises their ability to perform, then they're not professionals. Does a surgeon get a pass for bungling operations because he has a child at home? I saw Seahawks on the field last week with lots of little kids in tow. They managed to get the job done. How is that possible?

This excuse-making for the Canucks' failures is approaching the truly bizarre.

And they put it all out there and it fell short. So I believe that their focus is shifting a little, that's all. I believe it's a combination of things, as I said. This being (only) part of it.

There are reasons a team that's fully capable and has been on top starts to seriously derail. So, unlike you who just packs it in I, along with some others, discuss why that may be. Because none of us HAVE the answers...see, I'm just trying to throw out some ideas that I consider. You think you have it figured out...newsflash, none of us do.

Horrible. Just trash. The 11 year winning streak against the leafs is over. 7 game losing streak. Pulling the goalie never works. No playoffs? At least it's early enough to drink this away.

6 goals on a 5 game road trip is so bad.. Wow

Daniel , burrows . Wow can't notice them

Out of a playoff spot going into the Olympic break.

Same movie every game with the same ending

Tha's because we have the same director and producer. Not the actors. Bad director terrible movie. It ony gets worse from here. Ask in New York,

Actually not that far fetched an idea if one thinks about it. Buying out Daniel might piss off Hank to the point where he requests a trade, and in one fell swoop you've changed the core of this team and opened up $14 Million in cap space.

This just might be crazy enough to work.

And did you miss the part where the comment was made in relation to mine? So don't ride on the coattails, you just basically agreed with my comment, then called it weak. Make up your flip flopping mind?

It's the GM's job to keep the team competitive in all areas. In no way does that excuse a 30-year-old man from doing his job because he's now a family man. As far as I know, there isn't a pro sports team anywhere that mandates a no-family policy for their players. Family or not, you're expected to perform. If you can't, step aside for someone who can.

We're not dumping the Sedins, give your heads a shake.

If this team is in fact going to rebuild in the offseason, the Sedins will be part of it. Edler and Luongo will likely be the ones to go.

You need veteran guys to mentor the young players otherwise you end up like the Oilers.

Archived