The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jersey Embroidery Mix up(Really need some insight in this)

ScotianLifestyle

I feel like I don't completely understand how this went down. I'll write what I think I've read and tell me if I got it right.

1) You sent an email inquiring about getting Kesler put on your jersey

2) You later emailed them saying you wanted Santorelli instead. You included a picture of Santorelli in the email.

3) They emailed you back saying "we have the font required for that and to bring in the jersey"

4) You took in the jersey and eventually got it back with Kesler on it

Am I right? Sorry if you were clear before. Ive been studying for hours and my brain/eyes are a little off right now

Wait, so they're charging you for sending it back? No no no. It's their mistake. Have them send it back at THEIR expense and get the player you originally requested put on it. I've stripped plenty of recent Canuck jerseys and there's no need for holes and snags. It's simple. That's just trying to scare you away from sending it back.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you send it? I've had troubles with a couple of places in and around Vancouver with customization.

I feel like I don't completely understand how this went down. I'll write what I think I've read and tell me if I got it right.

1) You sent an email inquiring about getting Kesler put on your jersey

2) You later emailed them saying you wanted Santorelli instead. You included a picture of Santorelli in the email.

3) They emailed you back saying "we have the font required for that and to bring in the jersey"

4) You took in the jersey and eventually got it back with Kesler on it

Am I right? Sorry if you were clear before. Ive been studying for hours and my brain/eyes are a little off right now

Yeah man thats correct,

Wait, so they're charging you for sending it back? No no no. It's their mistake. Have them send it back at THEIR expense and get the player you originally requested put on it. I've stripped plenty of recent Canuck jerseys and there's no need for holes and snags. It's simple. That's just trying to scare you away from sending it back.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you send it? I've had troubles with a couple of places in and around Vancouver with customization.

Im out on the East coast, The place is called nova trophy, They did a great job with my two olypmic jerseys though.

Yeah man thats correct,

Okay thanks for taking the time to reply. You getting the email back saying that it was their mistake put them in a tough position. I'm kind of surprised they came right out and admitted it. But since they did, you are in the position of power now. Their mistake and you have to decide how they should make it right

I would just say Kesler is not doable, I already have Kesler. We'll do the redo to Santorelli but I will not accept damage done to my jersey. I am going to come down and take pictures around the lettering so if there is damage I have proof. I understand it was a mistake but I would like to recieve exactly what I am paying for.. If there happens to be damage I believe it is only fair that you replace it with a new one and I will still pay the cost to embroider Santorelli on it.

That way it gives them a chance to correct their mistake and they understand the risk is on them.

Email I sent:

Id like to have other options available about this, I thought that would be the jersey would work out but in this case and unfortunately did not happen, I feel there should be a replacement for this for no cost considering I brought in a blank jersey with no flaws at all and the Players Name/Number its not what I ordered, I really would like to see if we can really work out something out because I find the current options that are available too limiting in what just transpired now and I'm not currently pleased with the final result and I feel its not fair to me at all. Thank you for understanding my concern about this and I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement.

Cheers,

Jerecho Abe

Thanks everyone for your input so far with this.

Email I sent:

Id like to have other options available about this, I thought that would be the jersey would work out but in this case and unfortunately did not happen, I feel there should be a replacement for this for no cost considering I brought in a blank jersey with no flaws at all and the Players Name/Number its not what I ordered, I really would like to see if we can really work out something out because I find the current options that are available too limiting in what just transpired now and I'm not currently pleased with the final result and I feel its not fair to me at all. Thank you for understanding my concern about this and I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement.

Cheers,

Jerecho Abe

You're being too nice. You're giving them too much opportunity to waste more of your time with unnecessary responses in an attempt to avoid the only fair solution.

Tell them they screwed up, and you want what you asked for. No exceptions. Don't dance around it, because that just gives them the chance to dance around it too.

Advise them your next step will be contacting Steele on your side.

Email I sent:

Cheers,

Jerecho Abe

Why are you emailing? Should be speaking them in person.

Why are you emailing? Should be speaking them in person.

Considering I don't live in the area, I dont have access to transportation all the time(travel time is long)

You're being too nice. You're giving them too much opportunity to waste more of your time with unnecessary responses in an attempt to avoid the only fair solution.

Tell them they screwed up, and you want what you asked for. No exceptions. Don't dance around it, because that just gives them the chance to dance around it too.

Advise them your next step will be contacting Steele on your side.

I called them today to futher clarify whats on the email and spoke to the Manager directly about how they screwed up big time and how that they owe me a replacement and that I have no tolerance with mistakes, and also said I asked for something specific and thats what I would want and I made sure that they clearly understood their mistake, So I have a meeting tomorrow with the manager at the store.

I'm not "dancing around the issue, I made it perfectly clear to them that I'm not tolerating this.

Email I sent:

Cheers,

Jerecho Abe

you should have said exactly what you expect them to do "fix it, at no additional cost to myself". don't ask them to provide another option on their own.

They're jacking you around far too much. If they refuse to give you exactly what you want, inform them your next visit will be to the small claims court. You will be holding them liable for all costs incurred by you, including, but not limited to: the cost for a brand new jersey, with customization, the cost for filing a suit, transportation expenses, and any time off work you may need to take to attend court.

They're jacking you around far too much. If they refuse to give you exactly what you want, inform them your next visit will be to the small claims court. You will be holding them liable for all costs incurred by you, including, but not limited to: the cost for a brand new jersey, with customization, the cost for filing a suit, transportation expenses, and any time off work you may need to take to attend court.

you're what's wrong with modern society.

That's a great summary of how NOT to work out a retail dispute (especially in this case where the store has admitted the mistake and isn't jerking the guy around).

Take it easy thug. Not only is your solution a waste of financial resources - more importantly, it is a waste of mental resources.

Looks like the OP got it sorted out anyhow.

Archived