The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Seth Jones

Buff would be a smart player there. One of their(numerous) stud-D prospects,+ their first(possibly overall?) this yr. I bet Poile would bite for that...

eg:Ristolainen or Zadorov, PLUS Ekblad for:Seth Jones

It's probably crazy to make such a trade, from Buff's perspective. However if Jones is a specific piece they'd like to build around, it would probably require such a steep price.

Buff would be a smart player there. One of their(numerous) stud-D prospects,+ their first(possibly overall?) this yr. I bet Poile would bite for that...

eg:Ristolainen or Zadorov, PLUS Ekblad for:Seth Jones

It's probably crazy to make such a trade, from Buff's perspective. However if Jones is a specific piece they'd like to build around, it would probably require such a steep price.

Stupid trade for Buffalo.

Build around your plethora of D prospects, draft the #1 center you need like Reinhart or the German.

Stupid trade for Buffalo.

Build around your plethora of D prospects, draft the #1 center you need like Reinhart or the German.

Yes, & I'm not suggesting that's a deal they SHOULD make; rather what kind of payment Poile would demand.

As an alternative, how about one of those 2 D, + Hodgson?

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these 3 or 4 young D I've mentioned, but I do get the feeling Jones could end up the best of all them(& Weber-good). Does Nash need another Shea Weber-type, or would they be smart to parlay it into a more diverse array of assets?

Yes, & I'm not suggesting that's a deal they SHOULD make; rather what kind of payment Poile would demand.

As an alternative, how about one of those 2 D, + Hodgson?

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these 3 or 4 young D I've mentioned, but I do get the feeling Jones could end up the best of all them(& Weber-good). Does Nash need another Shea Weber-type, or would they be smart to parlay it into a more diverse array of assets?

No team would see the option to have TWO Shea Weber type players and subsequently trade one.

No team would see the option to have TWO Shea Weber type players and subsequently trade one.

Weber and Suter in recent memory? They should've traded Ryan at the deadline but nope, they let him walk for nothing. I think eventually they should let Shea go and have Seth anchor the back end with the other young guys they have back there (they should have some young gems hidden in their system). Shea leaving could mean substantial improvements for them offensively.

Weber and Suter in recent memory? They should've traded Ryan at the deadline but nope, they let him walk for nothing. I think eventually they should let Shea go and have Seth anchor the back end with the other young guys they have back there (they should have some young gems hidden in their system). Shea leaving could mean substantial improvements for them offensively.

They tried to keep Suter. Nashville is a small market team trying to compete with teams with bigger budgets. At some point you have to give it your all to try to win one and that's exactly what Poile did. He knew he couldn't keep Suter and eventually had to rebuild but he tried to make it one last hurrah in the playoffs. Got Radulov back, got Kostitsyn, Gill and Gaustad and went for it. Sure they came short, but only with hindsight we can say it was a wrong approach.

and now Weber is locked up for 13 years with Jones able to slot with him...this is far from the same situation since will be years before Jones is an UFA

Feel so bad for Nashville. Seems they have the best dman system in the league and groom a lot of studs but what comes of it? A few years of production during their ELC, then 2 or so years with their bridge contract and by then, the world knows they are amazing players and Nashville loses them to FA everytime it seems....heck, even Weber wanted out and they barely kept him cause he was an RFA and matched for crying out loud...

They could have been a dominating team had they kept their dmen and other players (forwards) but it's just hard considering it's Nashville and majority of players don't want to stay there and raise a family there...Suter, Hamhuis, Hartnell, Radulov, Hendricks,

..I know no team can lock up and keep all their players but what could have been for the Preds had those kept those key few players...can't dwell on the past thought so as of now, Preds have A LOT of talent with youth and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep them around. They've got Josi locked up alongside Weber and this year, I hope they can get MDZ signed alongside Ellis.

...Preds, if they even signed half those guys listed would be a contender...so many players left it's just ridiculous..

..I know no team can lock up and keep all their players but what could have been for the Preds had those kept those key few players...can't dwell on the past thought so as of now, Preds have A LOT of talent with youth and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep them around. They've got Josi locked up alongside Weber and this year, I hope they can get MDZ signed alongside Ellis.

...Preds, if they even signed half those guys listed would be a contender...so many players left it's just ridiculous..

They'll be alright. They pilfered Forsberg from Wash, & lucked into Seth Jones. This, & next draft will be 2 more high picks, then they're rolling. If they ever dealt Weber(they'd get 5 or 6 serious pieces), they could have a speedy reshuffle with talent/youth at every position.

he is their equivalent to weber. So in a couple years they could trade weber and have a suitable replacement.

Would take a big payment and i would think nashville would trade weber first over jones, due to the salary factor and they can control Jones salary.

Archived