The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then thats the battle, go with a safe guy like Kapanen or maybe Virtanen or Ritchie who have that power game to fall back on in a bottom 6 role.

Or do you go with the high risk/high reward, boom or bust guys like Nylander or Ehlers.

That why I like Kapanen cause he offers both the high reward, but also a low risk, IMO.

What makes Ehlers high risk? Is it the myth about QMJHL defense being weak?

I don't get why people have such a hard-on for these "skilled", tough , power forwards. Most, if not, all of these highly touted power forwards never really pan out and if when they do, they're nothing more of than a complementary player.

AV has skewed you view. No worries, even though it takes years to see clearly again, you certainly will.

Let me guess. You want to draft Ehlers?

No, I want Perlini.

Some say he's the best skater in the draft, NHL calibre wristshot, and is an excellent two-way player.

If we can't get Dal Colle or Draisaitl at 6th, then we should be looking at Perlini.

No, I want Perlini.

Some say he's the best skater in the draft, NHL calibre wristshot, and is an excellent two-way player.

If we can't get Dal Colle or Draisaitl at 6th, then we should be looking at Perlini.

But we already have a player like that.. Ryan Kesler :bigblush:

No, I want Perlini.

The 1 point in 7 playoff games kills me. And if you look at "stats by game" he really trails off from his torrid pace before January

Odd how a guy like Alex Tuch doesnt get any ink about his capabilities.

He is slated to go to Boston College this fall.

If/When Kevin Hayes bails on Chicago, I wonder if this changes the mindset when teams select college bound players in the 1st round?

Couldnt even imagine our team if we got 3 top 15 draft picks and took: Ritchie, Virtanen and Tuch.

We would be the new physical monsters of the league if they all developed properly.

Ritchie, Tuch Kassian Virtanen no one would be able to complain about size ever again. Obviously it wont happen but the thought of it would be cray

The 1 point in 7 playoff games kills me. And if you look at "stats by game" he really trails off from his torrid pace before January

Thing is this, plus you wonder how much of his success this year was due to his "magic" chemistry with carter verhaeghe,

I am expecting Perlini to go 8th because of that chemistry.

Just Doodling around on EliteProspects to see which colleges the kids from USNTDP are enrolled in

Alex Tuch-Bostin College

Jack Dougherty-U of Wisconsin(Labate's school)

Jack Glover-U of Minnesota

would love to get either of those 2 with our 2nd....leaning more towards Glover

Dylan Larkin-U of Michigan

Sonny Milano-Boston College

Jack Eichel- Boston University

What makes Ehlers high risk? Is it the myth about QMJHL defense being weak?

Not just the defense. The entire league is a notch below the O and W. Hence there being less first rounders from the Q and more busts from the Q as a classic pattern.

But there's more than that to make Ehlers a high risk.

He may still turn out to be a decent player. Just not 6th overall decent. And imho he should go to the east where guys like St. Louis and Zuccarello have flourished. Here he would just tick us off.

I don't get why people have such a hard-on for these "skilled", tough , power forwards. Most, if not, all of these highly touted power forwards never really pan out and if they do, they're nothing more of than a complementary player.

This is why i'm leaning towards Virtanen among that mix, because of his speed and shot. And he's dominating that tourney so far. He may be a top-5 pick now though.

Couldnt even imagine our team if we got 3 top 15 draft picks and took: Ritchie, Virtanen and Tuch.

We would be the new physical monsters of the league if they all developed properly.

Ritchie, Tuch Kassian Virtanen no one would be able to complain about size ever again. Obviously it wont happen but the thought of it would be cray

Just for the sake of argument.if the Canucks traded Kesler for Anaheims two picks and Edler for Detroits pick,they could theoretically draft all three.If they swung a deal for a lower asset to take Erhoffs contract and were able to sign Callahan with their cap space they wouldnt lose much either.Would make for a heavy duty top nine.Next year they could add the high skilled number one centre and over the next couple years transfer the older defense assets to younger ones.

This is why i'm leaning towards Virtanen among that mix, because of his speed and shot. And he's dominating that tourney so far. He may be a top-5 pick now though.

im thinking the better virtanen does the more the top 5 turn into the top 6. at the moment im more than happy with any one of

ekblad

reinhart

leon

MDC

bennett

virtanen

Archived