The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bottom line is that it would be a pretty big fail for the Canucks to draft a non-franchise, non-elite undersized talent in this draft, considering the growing importance of the so-called rebuild phase. Unless the plan is to continue being trounced by SoCal long-term. But if that's the plan, then part two of the plan would be to have plenty of empty seats for plenty of seasons.

The Canucks have more pressing needs than adding a non-franchise, non-elite undersized talent who's comparable to Shinkaruk in terms of upside, role and position. They should probably address them.

would it be a win if the canucks drafted a non-franchise, non-elite oversized mammoth on skates?

would it be a win if the canucks drafted a non-franchise, non-elite oversized mammoth on skates?

Sure. He could spear guys with his tusks and hook with his trunk. Also, four skates... Two could be used strictly for stabbing. Just try to stop him from going to the net.

This was posted on HF. Not sure how relevant it is, but it's high on Nylander, and they have him listed at 170lbs. Ehlers 165.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-releases-final-ranking-2014-nhl-draft/

Sure. He could spear guys with his tusks and hook with his trunk. Also, four skates... Two could be used strictly for stabbing. Just try to stop him from going to the net.

This was posted on HF. Not sure how relevant it is, but it's high on Nylander, and they have him listed at 170lbs. Ehlers 165.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-releases-final-ranking-2014-nhl-draft/

what im saying is im half in agreement with you. we need to draft an effective player with our pick our it will set us back significantly. size has nothing to do with it for me anymore. I want the brass to pick whom they think will turn into the best nhl player and not over think the pick.

im hoping draisatle falls to us. drooooool

what im saying is im half in agreement with you. we need to draft an effective player with our pick our it will set us back significantly. size has nothing to do with it for me anymore. I want the brass to pick whom they think will turn into the best nhl player and not over think the pick.

Pretty sure the fellahs running the $400 million dollar NHL franchise are on the case. Probably have a better view of it than we fans who hang out on a hockey board. I am sure they will pick the BPA. Whomever they think that is.

Pretty sure the fellahs running the $400 million dollar NHL franchise are on the case. Probably have a better view of it than we fans who hang out on a hockey board. I am sure they will pick the BPA. Whomever they think that is.

You'd think so, and then we go ahead and do something like pick Patrick White.

I do. Islanders will take Nylander.

Ehlers, Nylander are the best prospects of those four. Then Ritchie and then Virt.

I would have drafted Ehlers but it turns out I (as well as many of us) were wrong about the reports of Nylanders attitude and fitness. Since his showing at the combine, I now take Nylander but he wont be there.

Dal Colle , Daisraitl or (hopefully not) Bennett will be left over at #6. I am more than happy with the first two.

You might not like Bennett but other teams do. Conroy was just on fan960 talking about how if Bennett dropped to 4th they would be ecstatic, they like him a lot.

And as mentioned Garth Snow (the GM of NYI) was just on NHL radio yesterday talking up Dal Colle. He all, but said that Dal Colle is who they will pick. They also asked him how much of a difference the combine is for him, and his answer was “it didn’t”.

On top of that. NYI don’t really need another center and if they were interested in small skilled forward they would be smart to try and use it to grab one of the Oilers players. Yak has a higher ceiling and is already producing at the NHL. Something to help their team out next year, not 2-4 years down the road.

I don’t see NYI taking Nylander.

EDM doesn’t pick another small skilled forward and Nylander doesn’t go top two. That leaves him at 6. Only way he sneaks up to top 5 is if BUF takes Bennett at 2, EDM then can pick up Reinhart at 3. Flames take Dal Colle at 4 (which is unlikely because they also talked up Leon) ….Then NYI would possibly take Nylander at 5.

Unless that happens or another team enters the top 5 with a trade, Nylander doesn’t go top 5. Which leaves him perfect picking for canucks.

You might not like Bennett but other teams do. Conroy was just on fan960 talking about how if Bennett dropped to 4th they would be ecstatic, they like him a lot.

And as mentioned Garth Snow (the GM of NYI) was just on NHL radio yesterday talking up Dal Colle. He all but said that Dal Colle is who they will pick. They also asked him how much of a difference the combine is for him, and his answer was “it didn’t”.

On top of that. If NYI don’t really need another center and if they were interested in small skilled forward they would be smart to try and use it to grab one of the Oilers players. Yak has a higher ceiling and is already producing at the NHL. Something to help their team out next year, not 2-4 years down the road.

I don’t see NYI taking Nylander.

EDM doesn’t pick another small skilled forward and Nylander doesn’t go top two. That leaves him at 6. Only way he sneaks up to top 5 is if BUF takes Bennett at 2, EDM then can pick up Reinhart at 3. Flames take Dal Colle at 4 (which is unlikely because they also talked up Leon) ….Then NYI would possibly take Nylander at 5.

Unless that happens are another team enters the top 5 with a trade, Nylander doesn’t go top 5. Which leaves him perfect picking for canucks.

Your post is sound. I enjoyed reading it. :)

You may be right but its my impression that Nylander can also play wing . I think he does go 5th but only time will tell.

I predict Bennett will be the most over rated player in the top 10. Its not easy to quantify nor prove something like that. I am going on gut instinct.

I do. Islanders will take Nylander.

Ehlers, Nylander are the best prospects of those four. Then Ritchie and then Virt.

I would have drafted Ehlers but it turns out I (as well as many of us) were wrong about the reports of Nylanders attitude and fitness. Since his showing at the combine, I now take Nylander but he wont be there.

Dal Colle , Daisraitl or (hopefully not) Bennett will be left over at #6. I am more than happy with the first two.

Hold on a sec!!! Absent, I thought nobody was allowed to change their mind!!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Your man/guy/boyfriend was Ehlers!

Hold on! Absent, I thought nobody was allowed to change their mind!!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Apparently they are not according to the one who will not be mentioned. His opinion is that he 'knew it all along' as he sought to have it several different ways. :lol:

You forgot to mention if this changed your mind or not.

I don't like Nylander at 6th. But Craig Button is an absolute idiot how can anyone take him seriously. In his new rankings (updated today) he has Travis Sanheim before Nylander.

I do agree with his assessment of Kempe, he is a top 3 European skater and could turn out to be the best European NHLer in this draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

I don't like Nylander at 6th. But Craig Button is an absolute idiot how can anyone take him seriously. In his new rankings (updated today) he has Travis Sanheim before Nylander.

I do agree with his assessment of Kempe, he is a top 3 European skater and could turn out to be the best European NHLer in this draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

You are right. Button sucks. He didnt rank MY FAVORITE GUY high enough. Fire that clown now. I know I am buying the t-shirt.

Apparently they are not according to the one who will not be mentioned. His opinion is that he 'knew it all along' as he sought to have it several different ways. :lol:

You forgot to mention if this changed your mind or not.

I'll admit that I change my mind all the time, and there is absolutely nothing bad about it.

I learn new things about these prospects every day, whether it be through research or reports etc. Is it a bad thing to be indecisive about what prospect you want to draft? Not at all.

Archived