The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Barkov:

16 points in 32 games in Liaga as a 16yr old

48 points in 53 games as a 17 yr old

Nylander:

7 points in 22 games in SHL as a 17 yr old

Yet 2nd overall -----> 6th overall.

Weak draft? yea ok>?

Barkov:

Nylander:

Weak draft? yea ok>?

I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but the SM-liiga is a weaker league than the SHL. A lot of people put the SM-liiga somewhere between Allsvenska and the SHL.

Barkov:

Nylander:

Weak draft? yea ok>?

Well to be fair, SHL is better than Liiga.

Barkov:

Nylander:

Weak draft? yea ok>?

He played on two other teams in 13-14 way to cherry pick

Paajarvi:

35 games 3 points as 16yr old SHL

50 games 17 points as 17yr old SHL

49 games 29 points as 18 yr old SHL

Yea I guess his numbers do add up to a top 10 pick.

Have to admit when you really crunch it Ritchie and Nylander and Ehlers are damn damn close.

Ehlers and Nylander both 5'11, Ritchie 6'2.25

Ok, but is that their measurement now at the combine, or the same measurements that have been posted a few times that were known prior to the combine? I'd guess it's the same as we'd already known and those are just sheets they had ready for people attending the combine, but without you posting any context it's hard to say otherwise.

Paajarvi:

35 games 3 points as 16yr old SHL

50 games 17 points as 17yr old SHL (Draft Year)

49 games 29 points as 18 yr old SHL

Yea I guess his numbers do add up to a top 10 pick.

Have to admit when you really crunch it Ritchie and Nylander and Ehlers are damn damn close.

Not trying to get in a debate or anything just thought I would add this...

This was Nylander's first year playing in the SHL were as Paajarvi had played 35 games as a 16-17 year old.

Nylander had 7pts in 22 games, Paajarvi had 17 in 50. So if Nylander played 50 games he would have 16pts.

Paajarvi was also on a more offensive team, 4 players on his team had 30+ points, 2 had 40+ points.

Nylander was on a team with the leading scorer having 28 points, and 2nd leading scorer having 22 points.

Take it as you will, just thought I would add that. Makes me wonder how many points Nylander could have put up if he was on a better team.

Ok, but is that their measurement now at the combine, or the same measurements that have been posted a few times that were known prior to the combine? I'd guess it's the same as we'd already known and those are just sheets they had ready for people attending the combine, but without you posting any context it's hard to say otherwise.

Kasperi Kapanen is up to 6'0 now. Listed on 5'9, on some other sites.

Edit: actually nevermind. I'm wrong

yea, i read on hf boards that those were the notebooks given to scouts and media when they arrived at the combine. So I think those are the measurements from months ago, but i'm not 100%. Don't they normally update the players measurements after the combine?

Ok just found proof the height/weight is old. Look at the asterisk under the title, says "player weighed and measured by Central Scouting". All players at the combine are measured by CS. Kasperi Kapanen was at the combine but has no asterisk by his name meaning the measurements are old since they are not done by CS.

I'm sure they will release the updated measurements soon.

Combine_02.jpg

I feel that JB should try his utmost to get that #1 Florida pick and get Reinhart.....Florida would almost be guaranteed an Ehlers or Nylander with our #6,which is what they are looking for.

Even more hilarious if we do that and Ekblad goes number 2 and turns into the next Pietrangelo.

How many pages until draft day? another 100? 200? 300?

I am really stoked for this draft as we are getting a top notch player anyway you slice it.

If Benning is able to trade up without giving up our youth I will be very content with a deal.

How many pages until draft day? another 100? 200? 300?

I am really stoked for this draft as we are getting a top notch player anyway you slice it.

If Benning is able to trade up without giving up our youth I will be very content with a deal.

Its my opinion either Dal Colle or Daisraitl will fall to us. Islanders could pick Nylander.

Archived