The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's my top 30 for tommorrows draft.

there will probably be disagreement as some of my rankings arent exactly consensus, but this draft is wide open once you get past like the 10-13 range.

1. Ekblad

2. Reinhart

3. Bennett

4. Draisaitl

5. Dal Colle

6. Ehlers

7. Nylander

8. Fleury

9. Ritchie

10. Kapanen

11. Virtanen

12. Barbashev

13. Fabbri

14. Scherbak

15. Vrana

16. Bleackley

17. McCann

18. Honka

19. Milano

20. Sanheim

21. Tuch

22. Larkin

23. Goldobin

24. Fiala

25. McKoewen

26. Corniel

27. Perlini

28. Schmaltz

29. Pastarnak

30. Demko

Next 10:

31. Lemieux

32. Pollock

33. Point

34. Kamanev

35. Dougherty

36. Pettersson

37. Donato

38. Nedeljkovic

39. Hawryluk

40. Karlsson

Perlini surprises me, Scherbak is pretty high compared to others but you're pretty high on him. Otherwise it looks fine because the mid to bottom of the 1st round is hard to rank and everyone has different opinions.

Perlini surprises me, Scherbak is pretty high compared to others but you're pretty high on him. Otherwise it looks fine because the mid to bottom of the 1st round is hard to rank and everyone has different opinions.

Yeah everything I don't like about Perlini, Scherbak has.

Perlini's got speed, a good shot, he can pass, but he's a perimeter player, doesn't really engage physically, he doesn't seem to battle hard and I just don't think his natural talent level is all that high, he's a good prospect, he could be a 2nd line goal scorer but I don't see huge potential with him like other do, and I think he's got a chance of busting honestly.

Scherbak has more natural talent IMO, he's good at making plays & he plays hard, he's pretty underrated. Similar point totals to Perlini (and it was more consistent over the year), and he is easily the top offensive guy on a pretty bad team. (had 34 more points than the next leading scorer) Infact, the more I think about it, I'm almost tempted to switch him & Fabbri in the rankings.

Fan 960 flames radio. The comments about Draisiatl were taken out of context burke was saying he's got a big @ss as a compliment to his playing style not as a negative. I went to the season ticket holder meeting(since I have flames season tickets) where the management came out and talked about there plans and answers questions. They really like Draistaitl, Conroy has been really pushing for him. They like how strong he is on the puck. There number 4 pick is narrowed down to Leon, both sams and ekblad. They wont go outside of that at number 4

I agree.

If none of the top 3 picks are traded, Calgary expect's Edmonton to take LD and they will happily take Bennett.

The rumor persists that they are looking for a second first round pick.

They have two 2nds and two 3rds to package with middling prospects as possible trade materials.

We are finally here. Draft day. After 3 months of bickering .

I sure hope we trade up because I am getting the feeling from what Linden has postured that he really is going to blow it and take Virtanen.

Hes not going to let us down. He will be a good 2nd line scoring winger , but the people he passes up in Ehlers, Ritchie and Nylander will have better careers.

I hope Benning does what it takes to get the first overall. You build teams around top end (top 3 pick) talent. Are prospect pool is weak, among the bottom in the league. It doesn't matter if we have a lot of depth prospects -Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, etc, it matters that we have top end talent.

Rarely do you find a top team in the league that doesn't have at least one top 3 pick. Chicago turned around their franchise with a 1st and a 3rd pick. We need to do the same.

6th Overall: Nikolai Ehlers

24th: Nikita Scherbak

We get a big hard nosed player with good offensive upside (for those drooling over size), and a smaller high skill, high upside player.

Terrible, just terrible choices. Not the type of players we are looking for. Nothing against Nikita, he does carry a Russian passport.

Terrible, just terrible choices. Not the type of players we are looking for. Nothing against Nikita, he does carry a Russian passport.

So you want Virtanen & Ritchie, but not Scherbak? Huh.

Scherbak's got potential to be as good as those guy, he put up more points than both on an inferior team where he was the only good offensive player.

What would you do?

So you want Virtanen & Ritchie, but not Scherbak? Huh.

Scherbak's got potential to be as good as those guy, he put up more points than both on an inferior team where he was the only good offensive player.

What would you do?

Russian factor bro. Sorry about that.

Too many of them have fled to Russia when they are not getting NHL ice time or when things aren't going their way, (NHL ice time. Refusal to play in the AHL) Burmistrov is a prime example. He was in the NHL actually. because he was demoted to a 3rd line player, for a few games, he fled to Russia. Vitor Tiknov, Filatov, (although he was just a undersized European player with elite skill who just couldn't handle the NHL)

Russian factor bro. Sorry about that.

Too many of them have fled to Russia when they are not getting NHL ice time or when things aren't going their way, (NHL ice time. Refusal to play in the AHL) Burmistrov is a prime example. He was in the NHL actually. because he was demoted to a 3rd line player, for a few games, he fled to Russia. Vitor Tiknov, Filatov, (although he was just a undersized European player with elite skill who just couldn't handle the NHL)

Aside from Burmistrov (who had problems with Winnipeg) those aren't good examples, there is a rumor he may come back.

Sherbak is a kid who wants to get better and learn, some kids I don't have that concern with and he's one of them.

If your going to have an anti-Russian mindset with your organization your going to miss out on some good players.

I would take guys like Barbashev & Scherbak ahead of the players expected to be around there any day, I doubt Barbashev falls, but if he does that would be great.

So what would u do with our picks.

Aside from Burmistrov (who had problems with Winnipeg) those aren't good examples, there is a rumor he may come back.

Sherbak is a kid who wants to get better and learn, some kids I don't have that concern with and he's one of them.

If your going to have an anti-Russian mindset with your organization your going to miss out on some good players.

I would take guys like Barbashev & Scherbak ahead of the players expected to be around there any day, I doubt Barbashev falls, but if he does that would be great.

So what would u do with our picks.

errr what do you mean by not very good examples????? They fled the NHL because both players get demoted due to struggling play. Tikonov was sent to the AHL, following year he fled to the KHL and we've have never heard from him ever since.

Both these players were 1st round picks too. So no. What do you mean Burmistrov is a bad example? His NHL spot is locked up!. He wasn't even demoted, he was just upset Jokinen got more ice time then him for a minor stretch. Flees to the KHL. Yea, talk about players who don't want to work their way up.

Archived