The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs U.S.A., semifinals

goalie13

Indeed, another 9 AM game time. The schedule organizers have been kind enough to arrange that for us.

Unfortunately for us, the gold medal game usually occurs on the same day as the closing ceremony. This means we should expect a noon start time locally a la what we witnessed in Vancouver in 2010. That means the gold medal game will take place around midnight.

I'd rather midnight than 9am personally.

Yes, Price has won a series in the playoffs. I watched the games in 2011, as I'm sure you did too. Most AHL goalies could have stopped a lot of the goals Lu let in. Was he the ONLY reason? No. But his play in Boston was simply unacceptable, and you can't overlook that when building an international team.

What about Price almost blowing series? His only playoff series win the Canadiens up 3-1 games he lets Boston score 10 goals during games 5,6 to force a game 7... next series he let the flyers score 3+ goals a game then in the elimination game he lets the flyers score 6.

Then in 09 playoffs let the bruins get4+ goals a game.

Then in 10 playoffs he got benched for Halak

Then in 11 he let the bruins score 4+ 3 times

2013 he let the Sens score 6 2 times and 4 1 time... Thats 3 games he threw down the drain.

Habs were the favorite in all the series except 2010-11 boston. Also playing behind a norris winner in PK subban.

Your hatred for Luo and Edler have become a joke tbh

Indeed, another 9 AM game time. The schedule organizers have been kind enough to arrange that for us.

Unfortunately for us, the gold medal game usually occurs on the same day as the closing ceremony. This means we should expect a noon start time locally a la what we witnessed in Vancouver in 2010. That means the gold medal game will likely take place around midnight PST on Sunday.

I think the entire nation will be up for that one if we make it past the USA here.

I thought the game was 4am in the morning, I'm going back and double checking, love it if it was 9

What about Price almost blowing series? His only playoff series win the Canadiens up 3-1 games he lets Boston score 10 goals during games 5,6 to force a game 7... next series he let the flyers score 3+ goals a game then in the elimination game he lets the flyers score 6.

2013 he let the Sens score 6 2 times and 4 1 time... Thats 3 games he threw down the drain.

Habs were the favorite in all the series except 2010-11 boston. Also playing behind a norris winner in PK subban.

tumblr_luyvcfDPK71r1cj3m.gif

So what you're saying is, you could argue EITHER goalie shouldn't be starting, and we should probably go with the one playing better this season, who ISN'T coming off an injury?

So what you're saying is, you could argue EITHER goalie shouldn't be starting, and we should probably go with the one playing better this season, who ISN'T coming off an injury?

He is defending a goalie that you seem to always put down when given the chance. Your hate for Luongo baffles me.

Just proving you wrong when you said Price was a safer pick. Truth is Price has more bad games than Luo in the playoffs. Yet you hate Luo because of them but ignore them for Price.

I'll maybe wake up early to catch the Gold Medal game if Canada wins tomorrow. The only good thing about Canada losing tomorrow is we can wake up later to watch the game at 7 AM on Saturday (why not 7 AM for both Bronze and the Gold medal game?). Would like to see them bring Gold home though.

Don't jinx us :o

The stakes for the USA vs. Canada women's gold-medal game and semifinal in men's hockey had a couple of cases of beer riding on the results. Barack Obama and Stephen Harper bet a case of beer on their team's games. Obama owes Harper 1 case but the bet is on again Friday as the men's teams play for a spot in the final. ::D

I didn't say it was ALL his fault. To not blame him at all for the Boston debacles is blind homerism though. He was absolutely atrocious in EVERY SINGLE ROAD GAME. We have a Team Canada that also has trouble scoring. You can't blame the coaching staff from being concerned history will repeat itself.

Buddy..you have been real busy since the Olympics started putting down Luongo,,every one of your posts says the same thing, are you trying to make everyone believe/listen to all your hate?

We get it, you dont like Luongo...Price is the right choice..enough already.

Archived