The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Its driving me nuts how some guys on here are saying that player and this player are untouchable... If teams want Kesler they are going to have to pay. Pominville got a big return and id take Kesler over him any day. Trust me this Sutter and Bennet B.S. aint happening. I like the Penguins too but giving them Kesler for below value isnt happening.

by no means am i saying this is true, but neither of those are holes.

the difference between play fighting and real fighting is plainly obvious. it would be impossible not to be able to make the distinction.

i assumed either the person filming was in the elevator or the elevator was stationary with the doors open since kesler allegedly got thrown into it.

Of course it would be easy to confuse. Especially if the person filming were intoxicated and/or wasn't sure what was going on.

I've been in many fights with my friends that anyone who didn't know us would think was real.

People also like to build up small things into something big, especially when celebrities are involved. It could have been a harmless scuffle. And even if it was real, so what? Boys will be boys, and I'm sure they've already moved past it. It definitely shouldn't have anything to do with why Kesler should be traded.

Van fans need to learn how to see through sh*t, and stop trying to shovel more on top of stuff like this.

If I believed this to be fact, yes it's gullible. Outright dismissing something with no factual evidence for or against is closer to ignorance.

yeah i read the tabloids to and believe everything that they write if i can't find evidence to debunk.

im more of a wait and see kinda person .. you know someone said world wide panic in Y2k i say ok lets see.

someone says massive something Dec2012 (not even sure what was supposed to happen but i think jesus was supposed to walk the earth or something nutty) i say im gonna grab some beers and wait it out if i wake up the next day hung over i know i am still alive.

something like this story ill wait to judge and if it becomes reality i will definitely give credit where credit is due if nothing comes of it i will probably forget it was even mentioned and go on my merry little way.

yeah i read the tabloids to and believe everything that they write if i can't find evidence to debunk.

im more of a wait and see kinda person .. you know someone said world wide panic in Y2k i say ok lets see.

someone says massive something Dec2012 (not even sure what was supposed to happen but i think jesus was supposed to walk the earth or something nutty) i say im gonna grab some beers and wait it out if i wake up the next day hung over i know i am still alive.

something like this story ill wait to judge and if it becomes reality i will definitely give credit where credit is due if nothing comes of it i will probably forget it was even mentioned and go on my merry little way.

It appears you have already grabbed those beers you're referring to.

I never said I believe him.

It appears you have already grabbed those beers you're referring to.

I never said I believe him.

i wasn't refering to you believing anything it was your comment about dismissing something without proof when no proof has been provided to give even a little credibility to something someone says. hence my comment . but in the end i was basically agreeing with you in a sarcastic way. like i said i am a wait and see kinda person i will not jump to either side until either is proven.

I don't think kes will get traded. If all these rumors had never started and we were surprised by a kesler trade we would all be initially pretty upset. Put the reigns on your expectations now. Someone could have started all this when there is no truth to it and we will look like fools at be mad at mg.

why are people even talking about this made up story. If the poster doesnt upload an immediate photo, or video and its not on the internet when you search it. Drop it, This is for hockey discussions not for some person to get a luagh out of ppl who bring it up.

Its been noted Kesler hurt some part on his hand during the Russian game in Sochi

why are people even talking about this made up story. If the poster doesnt upload an immediate photo, or video and its not on the internet when you search it. Drop it, This is for hockey discussions not for some person to get a luagh out of ppl who bring it up.

Its been noted Kesler hurt some part on his hand during the Russian game in Sochi

I am going to try and get an answer on this .. if i can find out either way ill tell ya what i hear .. you can take it or leave it

Taj@taj1944 5m

Elliotte: There's a lot of places Kesler would be willing to go to. I would be much more surprised if Edler is traded over Kesler. Edler is much less available than Kesler

Elliotte thinks Canucks will get a great return especially after the Miller trade. Unless Gillis has his eyes set on a certain player. Elliotte has the Pens, Flyers and CBJ at the front of the list. Hinting at couple teams we haven't heard about being interested as well.

Friedman, and sometimes LeBrun, are about the only insiders I trust.

Elliotte saying Canucks really like Sutter

^ The scariest thing I've heard in a long time. He's a 4C. I would personally run Gillis out of town if he's a centerpiece in any deal. If he freekin takes Sutter over Johansen or Coots - I will hit the fan.

Taj@taj1944 5m

Friedman, and sometimes LeBrun, are about the only insiders I trust.

^ The scariest thing I've heard in a long time. He's a 4C. I would personally run Gillis out of town if he's a centerpiece in any deal. If he freekin takes Sutter over Johansen or Coots - I will hit the fan.

If this is true Gillis is a moron. We have the same player coming up in Horvat... and Gaunce...

If Sutter is the centerpiece for Kesler, Gillis should be immediately fired. What he should be asking for from Pittsburgh:

Pouliot, Bennett, Sutter, 1st

Ask for more and see if you get it.

This. only way kesler goes to pitts, is if its for those three guys.

id only be happy if we got johansen from columbus

If this is true Gillis is a moron. We have the same player coming up in Horvat... and Gaunce...

I believe Gillis likes him as well. He was 1 of 6 players Hodgson could have been traded for. But that was 3 years ago, Sutters regressed significantly since them. Gillis SHOULD know this - and crossed him off his 'wishlist'. But he obviously hasn't, and that's a huge concern.

I guess Friedman also said Canucks love Johansen, but didn't think CBJ would part with him. Of course, all the insiders were saying LA would never part with B. Schenn either.

Archived