The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

He plays against the opponents bottom 6 every game. He's a negative possession player (has been last 3 season) and his o-zone rate is 42%. Compare his #'s to Richardson - he's not an upgrade.

Like I said though, whatever Gillis got for Luongo is gravy. I'm not judgins value. The fact they got out form under that contract is nothing short of a miracle. I was saying that I hope Gillis doesn't think Matthias is going to the the tough mins 2C/3C they've been trying to get in a Kesler trade. Matthias is not that. And via underlyers - he's not going to be that.

I agree he's not Marcel Goc - but when a guy has 42% ozone starts, his corsi is only -2.5 and he generates +6% in ozone finishes, I don't see that player as a 'negative' possession player. That said, I don't necessarily see him as a center unless he can improve in the faceoff circle - more as a big complementary tweener winger who has a well balanced game and who could turn out to be very good value at 1.7 million. When I have had the chance to see him, I was somewhat surprised - he's got better speed, grit and upside than I expected. I also don't really consider him in relation to Richardson - I think they'll have significantly different roles.

If he is stoked to be here, all the better.

Well they better if they want Kesler.

Other teams will offer just as much.

If you take out Etem or Silfverberg and add Fowler then that might work... But I don't think Anaheim has any intention of trading Cam Fowler

I'm really starting to despise him as our GM. I don't think this guy knows how to make a trade, and when there is one available he asks for to much and pisses the other GM's off.

LOL… wut?

You make this statement today of all days?

If you can't tell… big happenings going on.

Keslers going to Anaheim after Sanjose picked up Vanek...he'll be pulled in the game if a trade has been agreed. Agents DO NOT just talk to gms during games.

Can you just talk like a normal person, please?

Stop speaking in a tense as if you are reporting from an informed source.

It is incredibly annoying.

No to Anaheim unless they pay a kings ransom.

Do people really wanna play Anaheim with Getzlaf, Kesler, and Perry?

We'd be dumb to trade to a team we'll be battling for years to come.

Lindholm would have to be included

No to Anaheim unless they pay a kings ransom.

Do people really wanna play Anaheim with Getzlaf, Kesler, and Perry?

We'd be dumb to trade to a team we'll be battling for years to come.

Mind you, what better way to ensure you get the best possible odds of drafting McDavid than to trade your best player to your division rival in order to get continually pummeled?

Archived