The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

Shero and Holmgren are having a chess match right now that and neither of them wanna lose. The price will be very high me thinks.

I hope your right. It will definitely be a lot better then the 1st proposal thats for sure. But if Philly is offering Couturier/Schenn +Morin/Laughton its way better then the Sutter+Pouliot+late first being proposed...

PIT: Sutter, Pouliot, and a 1st rounder.

DET: Tartar and Mantha

NYR: Kreider, Pouliot, and a conditional pick (1st, 2nd, or 3rd depending on where the Rangers finish in the playoffs.)

CBJ: Umberger, Jenner, 1st rounder, and a 3rd.

PHI: Couturier and Read

Is pretty much what I'm expecting in a return for Kesler. Call it undervaluing him all you want, but teams aren't going to dismantle their prospect pool for a guy going into his 30s, no matter how well he plays defence.

I hope your right. It will definitely be a lot better then the 1st proposal thats for sure. But if Philly is offering Couturier/Schenn +Morin/Laughton its way better then the Sutter+Pouliot+late first being proposed...

I'd take Shenn, Laughton, and a first or Couturier, Morin, and a first.

Pittsburghs offer is raising to include pouliot after it's rumored Philly will hand over couturier

Sutter

Pouliot

Bennett

1st

Conditional

Is their final offer... Philly, Detroit and Nyr up next.

If they would be willing to make that a conditional 2015 1st based on how they do in the playoffs Gillis should do it.

Wonder if cbj would flip jenner+ for Edler? Doubtful but that would be a pretty solid set of deals

If they would be willing to make that a conditional 2015 1st based on how they do in the playoffs Gillis should do it.

Wonder if cbj would flip jenner+ for Edler? Doubtful but that would be a pretty solid set of deals

Hehehe… I just posted the same thing in the other thread. Great minds, eh?

Two bidding wars between Philly-Pitts for Kesler and Det-Clb for Edler would be a great tonic.

For Pitts they dont lose out too much as having kesler signed for 2 more years so not like they will fall out of the playoff picture next year and if its the difference between them getting or someone else getting kesler then they would be smart to go all in

PIT: Sutter, Pouliot, and a 1st rounder.

DET: Tartar and Mantha

NYR: Kreider, Pouliot, and a conditional pick (1st, 2nd, or 3rd depending on where the Rangers finish in the playoffs.)

CBJ: Umberger, Jenner, 1st rounder, and a 3rd.

PHI: Couturier and Read

Is pretty much what I'm expecting in a return for Kesler. Call it undervaluing him all you want, but teams aren't going to dismantle their prospect pool for a guy going into his 30s, no matter how well he plays defence.

those are pretty damn good returns... Tartar and Mantha my fav. out of that list. Damn. Doubt we can get that PHI deal though. That PHI deal is stupid on their part lol.

I think Shenn, Laughton, and a 1st would take the cake for me. Shenn is more Offensive and has more speed than Couturier plus he can play the wing to. I think if we got Laughton, and with Gaunce coming up them two can be molded into a Couturier type player. I think Shenn has first line potential also. I'd take either one though over the Pitt deal. Anty up boys...

As per Darren Dreger,

The Pittsburgh Penguins will try their best to acquire Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks before the Trade Deadline.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Penguins GM Ray Shero will do everything he can to trade for Kesler by Wednesday's deadline.

"Dreger reports the Penguins aren't the only team showing interest in the veteran centre, however, with the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, and New York Rangers also showing interest."

I'd trade with Wings or BJs. Would like Nyquist and Tatar from Wings. From Jackets, I like to order Jenner with a side dish of Wennberg.

those are pretty damn good returns... Tartar and Mantha my fav. out of that list. Damn. Doubt we can get that PHI deal though. That PHI deal is stupid on their part lol.

I think Gillis can convince Booby Clarke to sweet talk Holmgren in giving us Schenn and Read/Laughton. It is doable since Booby Clarke has had a major hard on for Kesler ever since we drafted him.

For Pitts they dont lose out too much as having kesler signed for 2 more years so not like they will fall out of the playoff picture next year and if its the difference between them getting or someone else getting kesler then they would be smart to go all in

Pittsburghs prospects don't excite me like other team's prospects. Their best young players and prospects are defenseman. We need to get a blue chip forward not a 3rd liner like Sutter.

Archived