The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

As per Darren Dreger,

The Pittsburgh Penguins will try their best to acquire Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks before the Trade Deadline.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Penguins GM Ray Shero will do everything he can to trade for Kesler by Wednesday's deadline.

"Dreger reports the Penguins aren't the only team showing interest in the veteran centre, however, with the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, and New York Rangers also showing interest."

Solid news, already what we know and exactly the teams myself and some cdcers predicted who would be in on Kes.

...bidding war = teams will give huge offers to give the best offer. Max return value if teams are willing to pay up though I still say, rather try getting him a top 6 linemate before trading him.

YES

I mean I love Kesler and everything, but we need to expedite this rebuild. I hadn't really considered the Wings, and I thought CBJ was pure CDC speculation, but both teams have some nice pieces.

After that lowball from Shero, I think we could really mess him up by trading him to an eastern contender.

Kesler to DET for Mantha, Nyquist and a 1st.

Detroit's not going for a cup, so they won't ante up as much. I doubt they're even interested to be honest: Next 3 first rounders. They don't need 'em anyway with their drafting. Pittsburgh should easily beat their offer.

Columbus might want to make a move, but there's no significant urgency: The Canucks should be asking for what CBJ won't part with. Johansen straight up, Foligno, Anisimov and a 2015 2nd rounder, or Jenner and their next 2 first rounders.

New York Rangers: These guys may have a sense of urgency to win due to their aging guys. Brassard and their next 3 first rounders.

Maata, despres,1st,sutter, and engylland

For

Kesler, bieksa.

Then you go try get an elite stud dman to help mentor maata, despres, and tanev. You can use sutter, pittsburghs 1st round pick, this years 1st if you dont win the lottery (not giving up ekblad) edler and garrison to get your shea weber. Now your top 5 defencemen look like:

Weber/elite dman

Hamhuis

Despres

Maata

Tanev

To round it out you go get a john erskine or matt carkner to protect lou

Edit: nevermind about erskine or carkner, you got engylland now

Can't see anyone but a contending team being interested in Kes. He's a guy that could put a contender 'over the top,' but will go for a good price. Imagine how he would tear it up in the east (especially with a loaded team like Pits). Yikes! Another Selke anyone?

Archived