The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

It's Pittsburgh or bust. Kesler won't waive his NTC to Columbus according to multiple sources.

Goodbye Jenner- no surprise

That's kind of what I'm thinking....It would have to be a team that's making a real push for the SC...Too bad Gillis and Shero couldn't work out a three way deal with another team.

Well it's looking like Pittsburgh or staying here. My concern is the asking price reported is roster player, prospect and a 1st.

Only thing Pitts does with this is Sutter,Pouliot and a 1st. Is that enough? Is Sutter a decent enough piece?

I would rather ask Pitts for Pouliot,Bennett and a 1st then use a call up from Utica to see out the season. We then tank a bit and get a top 10 pick unless he can trade Edler for a Tatar/Nyqvist and a 1st.

I hope Philly does get involved and makes a serious offer. That can only drive up the Penguins offer even further. That's said it would be sad to see Kesler go though if he does move on.

From the sounds of it he wanted out badly during the olympics. Now he has a short list? Beggers can't be choosers. If the list is too short MGs baragining power goes down. Hopefully the few teams involved are desperate enough to go all in for him.

People seem to think it may be better to wait til the draft but I think the oppurtunity to have him for three playoff runs instead of two would make his value at its highest now. MG has got caught waiting too long in the past. I think its probably in his best interest to move him now, especially if we aren't going to make the playoffs. We could tank the last 20 games pretty hard and get a top 10 pick.

Let him. Kesler is signed for 2 more years. We could always trade him at a later time.

Im against trading Kes anyway...Next year with Horvat/Gaunce on the pro+ possibly Shink and with Santo back should be a far better season...Edler, Hansen, and Booth all need to go to make room for our youth

Now watch Shero trades for Callahan because he can get his lowball offer accepted

Fine. He sends Sutter and 2014 1st for an unsigned Callahan.

We then send Kesler to NYR for Stepan, JT Miller, and 2015 1st.

Sounds fine to me.

Pittsburgh gets their top 6, NYR get 2nd line and 3rd line centres to shut down Crosby/Malkin, and the Canucks get our young 2nd line centre, a top prospect and our pick.

Only problem with that is the Pens and rags dealing with each other. But…. you never know.

From the sounds of it he wanted out badly during the olympics. Now he has a short list? Beggers can't be choosers. If the list is too short MGs baragining power goes down. Hopefully the few teams involved are desperate enough to go all in for him.

People seem to think it may be better to wait til the draft but I think the oppurtunity to have him for three playoff runs instead of two would make his value at its highest now. MG has got caught waiting too long in the past. I think its probably in his best interest to move him now, especially if we aren't going to make the playoffs. We could tank the last 20 games pretty hard and get a top 10 pick.

There's no short list. Nick Kypreos joining on the Kesler trade rumors b.s. He has a history of being a follower.

I don't think there is much doubt in that now. We don't need to tank.

Tanking would involve us getting up to 6th or 7th.

Pittsburghs offer is raising to include pouliot after it's rumored Philly will hand over couturier

Sutter

Pouliot

Bennett

1st

Conditional

Is their final offer... Philly, Detroit and Nyr up next.

Why do you always write in a positive tense that implies you have knowledge of something rather than just posting what it really is?

Namely, pulling a booger out of your nose like the rest of us.

I don't think there is much doubt in that now. We don't need to tank.

Tanking would involve us getting up to 6th or 7th.

agreed. Looking at the standings a 6th overall is doable with a hard tank. At the pace we're scoring at right now we may just get there unintentionally too.

Pittsburghs offer is raising to include pouliot after it's rumored Philly will hand over couturier

Sutter

Pouliot

Bennett

1st

Conditional

Is their final offer... Philly, Detroit and Nyr up next.

If that was true I'd be all over that.

agreed. Looking at the standings a 6th overall is doable with a hard tank. At the pace we're scoring at right now we may just get there unintentionally too.

Heck.... since everyone seems so concerned with quality maybe we combine a low 1st from a trade with our own pick, say 7th, to move into the top 4 or 5.

That would change the optics of getting a 2014 pick from a team like the Pens instead of a 2015.

Why do you always write in a positive tense that implies you have knowledge of something rather than just posting what it really is?

Namely, pulling a booger out of your nose like the rest of us.

I'd still take Schenn or Couturier and Morin over Sutter, Bennett, and Pouliot.

Archived