The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

This makes no sense for us though, we have no use for him. You don't have to make excuses for what they offer, we have all the bargaining power, so we dictate who comes and goes in this scenario.

I'm not making excuses. Sutter is a top 9 NHL forward. He is useful. Especially morseo if Horvat and Gaunce aren't ready or we want to use them differently than 3rd line centre.

For example, I could imagine Gaunce starting off in Utica and Horvat starting off as a LW on either the 2nd or 3rd line. Best scenario would be Horvat starting off as the 2nd line C.

Any of those scenarios are just as likely as what you suggest. You see redundancy, I see options. I wouldn't start training camp with that type of pressure on a 19 and 20 year old because we didn't provide enough relief for them to just go out and play… you know, make the team.

Easy there partner we know that. Gillis can't possibly F' this up could he?

Pouliot, 1st and Sutter is the absolute minimum. I still prefer Maatta (and willing to give them a Dman to cover) but a lot of you think very highly of Pouliot so whatever.

Umberger won't play for vancouver remember? We are the ones who drafted him and he refused to play for us, we had to trade him away. No way in hell we go after him, not with his bad attitude.

Actually, it was Brian Burke who lowballed him.... and Kesler publicly sided with Brian Burke. If there's one golden rule with hockey players, you never interfere with other player's contract negotiations.

Kypreos tweeted saying NYR is on Kesler's list...

I find that unlikely though, really doubt he gets traded just to go back to AV it was obvious they didn't have the best of relationships.

At this rate I can't see him getting traded before the deadline, if Pittsburgh isn't willing to add Maata then that's pretty much a no, hopefully Shero panics right before and changes his mind. Also hoping Holmgren goes batsh*t cray somehow and we get Couturier and a couple other pieces(although people on twitter were saying he wasn't willing to part ways with Couturier).

This trade speculation will be the most interesting thing we'll have to discuss for the rest of the season people, enjoy it while it lasts.

Can't believe Pittsburg is the leader for Kesler. There low balling us like crazy take a look.

Sutter - 3rd liner no questions asked

Despres - not top prospect by any means.

1st round pick - late (27-30) in a super weak draft. after the first 8 players only 50% will make in into the NHL

3rd round pick - again really late and its a weak draft.

THIS IS WHAT PITTSBURG SHOULD BE OFFERING!!!!!!

Bennett - potential top 6 foward

Pouliot - top Defenceman prospect

1st round pick (2015) deep draft Pit would get top 10 pick so they dont have to worry about it. Plus they already have Crosby

Simon Depres - ok prospect

for

Ryan Kesler - 2nd line two was center that can carry a team on his back in the playoffs

Jannik Hansen - 3rd line two way RW that is entering his prime

3rd round pick 2014 - weak draft

Kypreos tweeted saying NYR is on Kesler's list...

I find that unlikely though, really doubt he gets traded just to go back to AV it was obvious they didn't have the best of relationships.

At this rate I can't see him getting traded before the deadline, if Pittsburgh isn't willing to add Maata then that's pretty much a no, hopefully Shero panics right before and changes his mind. Also hoping Holmgren goes batsh*t cray somehow and we get Couturier and a couple other pieces(although people on twitter were saying he wasn't willing to part ways with Couturier).

This trade speculation will be the most interesting thing we'll have to discuss for the rest of the season people, enjoy it while it lasts.

Link the tweet please

Thank you!

If you're going to argue that Johansen could all of a sudden not pan out and pull a Daigle then you have to accept that Horvat won't either. Horvat is a way bigger risk at this point in his career then Johansen. Yes it's a lot to give up but it's often said the team that get's the best player is the winner and in a trade involving Kesler and Horvat for Johansen we get the best player. We can disagree on that if you want. I'd rather have the "extremely risky" Ryan Johansen then the injury prone Kesler or untested Horvat. That's just me though.

But you're saying johansen is the best player in the trade. The guy has been amazing this season but Kesler has had a season of 40 goals, he's a Selke winner, this season he has played 2nd line PP time and yet he is still our top goal scorer in a team that has struggled to score.

You cannot take the risk of sending Kesler AND Horvat for just Johansen. Step back a minute and see what you're saying.

since when are you playing this game?

i thought you were firmly in the "kesler isn't going anywhere, the media is lying" camp?

I said that Kesler never asked for a trade, and I still believe he didn't.

The Canucks are the ones dangling him IMO.

Can't believe Pittsburg is the leader for Kesler. There low balling us like crazy take a look.

Sutter - 3rd liner no questions asked

Despres - not top prospect by any means.

1st round pick - late (27-30) in a super weak draft. after the first 8 players only 50% will make in into the NHL

3rd round pick - again really late and its a weak draft.

THIS IS WHAT PITTSBURG SHOULD BE OFFERING!!!!!!

Bennett - potential top 6 foward

Pouliot - top Defenceman prospect

1st round pick (2015) deep draft Pit would get top 10 pick so they dont have to worry about it. Plus they already have Crosby

Simon Depres - ok prospect

for

Ryan Kesler - 2nd line two was center that can carry a team on his back in the playoffs

Jannik Hansen - 3rd line two way RW that is entering his prime

3rd round pick 2014 - weak draft

Aaaaaaannnnndddddd…… it may wind up being something like that.

All we have heard was speculation about the original offer which was over 48 hours ago.

You can bet there have been multiple phone calls back and forth since then.

We have no idea what the current state of the negotiations are. It's very likely completely different than what we first heard.

Aaaaaaannnnndddddd…… it may wind up being something like that.

All we have heard was speculation about the original offer which was over 48 hours ago.

You can bet there have been multiple phone calls back and forth since then.

We have no idea what the current state of the negotiations are. It's very likely completely different than what we first heard.

let us hope eh ?

It's Pittsburgh or bust. Kesler won't waive his NTC to Columbus according to multiple sources.

Goodbye Jenner- no surprise

no its not ... there will be other suitors .. we dont know ... about whats going on right now .. everyone is holding their cards close to their chests

Archived