The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

If we are going to start a re-tool... maybe it is time to completely just rebuild. Look at the past 5 cup winners... all teams that were god awful for years and stockpiled draft picks. Quick fixes don't work

Chicago -Kane. Toews, Seabrooke,Keith, Crawford, Traded former 1st round pick for other assets. Signed guys like Hossa etc.

LA - Doughty, Quick, Kopitar,Schenn and Simmonds who eventually became Richards, Gleason who got them Johnson who got them Carter, etc.

Boston- Bergeron, Krejci, Kessel who became Seguin, Hamilton, signed Chara traded for Rask etc.

Pittsburg - Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, Staal who became Sutter etc , Neal who came from Goligoski etc.

You know what guys...I smell a pulled rug abd we aint gonna get squat. If there is an offer on the table for Kesler of

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

3rd

and Gillis gets greedy thinking he is going to get more but DOESNT?!?!.....yikes!!!

Come tomorrow after the deadline, Gillis with his stoner puffy eyebags up on the podium with his usual BS

You know what guys...I smell a pulled rug abd we aint gonna get squat. If there is an offer on the table for Kesler of

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

3rd

and Gillis gets greedy thinking he is going to get more but DOESNT?!?!.....yikes!!!

Come tomorrow after the deadline, Gillis with his stoner puffy eyebags up on the podium with his usual BS

and nothing is lost. I'm all for moving kes before the deadline, but it can be done in the off seaosn as well

Is philly still interested in Edler, they got Amac now for 2 picks. I would presume they move meszaros so guess its possible.

Waiting till the last minute tomorrow may not be the best thing, as teams are doing things now

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

3rd

Absolutely hilarious, cuz it's true.

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

3rd

You forgot about his "Hobo beard"!! He's a beauty. Good thing he has such a warm personality.

Time for THE CONVERSATION!!

"Ah, Kes ol'chap..WE believe this whole thing's been rehearsed at a recent, intl get-together. We also believe other parties are acting, shall we say, DISingenuously..Tell us, ol' boy, are you willing to widen that list, or would you mind stickin'around a couple more yrs?..Y'know, show the kids how to go about business, with determination(win or LOSE)? Mull it over, would you mate?!"

The whole point is he could put a team over the top with a cap friendly contract for 2 more years. His value shouldn't be higher in a less critical time.

which is why those teams need to be the ones who overpay for him. unless gillis gets blown away with an offer like b.schenn, laughton and a 1st.. i'd wait

Archived