The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler is still a Canuck

Derp...

What about the 1st and a high end prospect?

It's been reported that those two items were never offered at the same time.

Schero was trying to fleece the Canucks.

That 1st really isn't a big deal either 26-30th pick in a weak draft is like a 2nd round pick last year.

Yeah the last guy to load his bags onto the bus for practice wasn't hoping to be traded at all.

Couldn't you have at least come up with some sort of argument other than the word IF? Is that all you got.? What I have backing me up is that he referenced a,remark that is embarrassing for the organization and essentially quoted it for truth.

I guess that depends on what your definition of the word is is.

last bag on the bus lmao better get that resume ready

maybe he was waiting the last minute to see if he did get traded before he loaded his gear on the bus

you know what's great about both theories their both wrong unless you have something credible from Kesler's mouth besides a quote you and others are twisting calling him a calculated douche who wants out

Sure...the first point you mentioned was "still manages to have a good team"...have you watched the team for the last 2 playoffs and this season..?...not a good team...sorry.....the second point you mentioned was "Stanley Cup contender for many years"...sorry but when is ONE considered many..?...See how you were wrong on those 2 points..?...

Not in the playoffs but that comes back to the goaltending. We didn't play terrible. In the regular season we dominated and yes I agree that doesnt mean much but it still shows that we could be good. We were a favorite to win the cup 3 years in a row that makes us a cup contender. Sure we only made the cup final once but if we woulda started Schneider we woulda won the cup. So again back to the goaltending.

Have you not seen the photobombs, the sarcasm, the joking around that Kesler has done his entire career in Vancouver? Did you slam him for discrediting the Canucks for all those things? God forbid a player have a sense of humour.

Seen it all. I have a picture of Kes on my wall. He was heart and soul of the team. Never took a night off. Loved him. I am surprised that he is acting like a douche, but he is. That was an unprofessional remark and further embarrasses the organization. It's plain as day.

You don't think Kes knows better? He's been a voice for this team for years now. This wasn't a joke. Not by any stretch. And even If it was it was immature and I'll timed at best. It's called throwing gas on the fire.

For those of you who are happy we didn't trade Kesler because we didn't get enough for him!

Think about what happen with Luongo when what Toronto offer supposedly offer wasn't enough

Now we have a back up goalie and a journeyman!

Watch Kesler will get injured and then we will lose leveage again!

Well Done Gillis and Canucks Ownership

I am not so optimistic for a draft day trade or getting a good return if he is moved then.

1. NTC is still relevant. While it is not impossible for him to expand his already small list (or shrink it even more) odds are he still has the same wishlist.

2. Desperation. The teams rumored to be most interested all had a reason to want him and that may no longer be relevant come draft day.

A) Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh's rumored interest was said to be they wanted Kesler to play RW with Crosby and Kunitz. This was entirely based off Pascal Dupuis injury. Come draft day this becomes less of a concern and desperation to fill that role likely drops with his return.

B) Philadelphia: Purely a team of youth. 9 of their top 12 forwards are 21-27 years old. Kesler was merely a current day upgrade on a still developing 21 year old Couturier or 22 year old Brayden Schenn. As the Canucks wait Philadelphia's prospects develop more for them and Kesler nears 30. Philadelphia's desperation likely drops.

C) Detroit: Though they are aging like the Canucks the concern this year has not been as much with production as much as it has been with general health and filling some current holes as they border on a playoff spot. Come draft day they will look at a roster with the healthy stars and cut some of that age. Not to mention in general they didn't even seem to keen on giving up that much for Kes to begin with.

3. Free Agency: Free agency lingers after the draft and of the teams most interested in him all 3 were big markets that have very little trouble signing noteworthy Free Agents. Instead of prematurely gutting their prospect pools for Kesler they can likely just wait and sign a capable player.

4. Time: Instead of getting a potential 3 playoff runs with Kesler it now becomes 2 and he becomes 30. Though still appealing and not a rental It is still lesser than what was now.

If it is a question of value in the return I am not so confident they will get better offers in a Draft Day scenario. I am thinking come next trade deadline he is still the center of rumors and on the Canucks

Just woke up to no presents under the tree..but I'm ok with this. Sure this dirty, collusive league was trying to micromanage our speedy rebuild-attempt.

Look how easy it is for teams like NYR, TBay, Pitt(& the like) to make favourable deals, & quickly.

We get all the eastern media-hate, & MG gets to be the lightning rod for it. So we must pile on too? No thanks.

This franchise has never really had a Kesler type..ever. We get a fair price, or screw it. Also nice to hear Edler loves it here, so much.

Let's stand by & support our boys. Heavy doses of conditional love can transform a person to think like a Bettman.

Circle the wagons, stand by your guns, and if necessary, lose/suffer with solidarity & quiet dignity.

Have a feeling that most teams in the East don't feel they have a sure shot at the Cup against the powerhouses of the West.

Pitts all injured

Boston doesn't score enough

Phili is just not that good

Yep kesler is gone at the draft when a clear team makes a push.

Nucks will obviously never improve with our owners stopping a trade. seriously that is fracked up

i said this 1 week ago and was flamed so badly .. i know ... i wouldn't give up my source .. i guess it was a major fluke i knew that ....

It's like a plague of insanity in this place.

You mean like trading Kesler for any offer out there because we aren't likely making the playoffs this year?

People are losing their minds.

It's like they don't understand what the concept of 'Under Contract" means.

Honestly, people getting mad, depressed or frantic because we aren't a playoff team this year give sports fans a bad name. These people are the problem with this fan base.

Just woke up to no presents under the tree..but I'm ok with this. Sure this dirty, collusive league was trying to micromanage our speedy rebuild-attempt.

Look how easy it is for teams like NYR, TBay, Pitt(& the like) to make favourable deals, & quickly.

We get all the eastern media-hate, & MG gets to be the lightning rod for it. So we must pile on too? No thanks.

This franchise has never really had a Kesler type..ever. We get a fair price, or screw it. Also nice to hear Edler loves it here, so much.

Let's stand by & support our boys. Heavy doses of conditional love can transform a person to think like a Bettman.

Circle the wagons, stand by your guns, and if necessary, lose/suffer with solidarity & quiet dignity.

HERE, HERE!

Spoken like a true fan!

I don't buy these reports.

The media is retarded.

We would be foolish to deal Kesler. Ownership is involved because they are Canucks fans. It's not like they are cheap and don't spend to the cap...

But everyone twists and turns it all lol.

This teams fans are rediculous

Dude it's a REBUILD. You trade your old guys for youth. It's not foolish, it's the nature of the game

you know its aquas fault as much as gillis. if you dont do your job your get fired. it doesnt matter if you push carts at walmart or you manage a hockey team. gillis has been terrible so he deserves to be fired. aquas job as the owner/boss is to fire the employees who aren't performing... do your ???? jobs
lol "Do yer jerb!"

I don't see Gillis lasting here forever, but it's pro sports team management, not janitorial duties.

Dreger 100% just admitted on air that he is going to make a huge deal out of this just like he did with Luongo.

Why can't that guy just get a life and leave the Canucks alone?

I'm curious, what exactly did he say about it?

Archived