The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler is still a Canuck

Derp...

Don't even care anymore.

Gillis trades Kesler, you people would complain about how little they got for him. Gillis keeps him, you people complain about getting nothing at all.

People comparing this situation to the Luongo situation are nuts. Kesler is not on a 12-year contract entering a cap-contracting season. If Gillis doesn't want to move him now, either he moves him at the draft or he gets fired and someone else does it. There isn't any supposed need to move Kesler right now.

Did you people really want Gillis rushing this trade and screwing the franchise even further? I'd rather wait until he gets fired to move any more assets.

Around the same price as the Vanek trade today... and Roy is no Vanek.

Not even close and completely different years and availability. Collberg is a much better prospect than Connauton.

This year's prices were cheaper across the board. Last year the prices were higher. Every trade has a context.

And I'm not even interested in this debate, because I think it's dumb, I just want posters to correctly state facts in their arguments so that readers are not repeating the same inaccuracies over and over.

Misconceptions about factors start by incorrectly formed arguments. If you have a good point then make it with correct facts, please.

Unless he is dealt at the draft.

Kesler to the Island for their pick might be interesting this year. The have to make a push this offseason going into Brooklyn and not having a 1st round pick next year.

I wonder if NY City is big enough for Kes' ego?

I dunno but I do know that Yzerman landed a 2015 1st for a near 40-year old. We had better get a 2015 1st in any deal for Kesler or I'm gonna be pissed.

Don't even care anymore.

Gillis trades Kesler, you people would complain about how little they got for him. Gillis keeps him, you people complain about getting nothing at all.

People comparing this situation to the Luongo situation are nuts. Kesler is not on a 12-year contract entering a cap-contracting season. If Gillis doesn't want to move him now, either he moves him at the draft or he gets fired and someone else does it. There isn't any supposed need to move Kesler right now.

Did you people really want Gillis rushing this trade and screwing the franchise even further? I'd rather wait until he gets fired to move any more assets.

Completely agree. Well put.

Don't even care anymore.

hupf!

what do you mean "you people"?

Considering it looked like a buyers market this deadline I've got no issue with keeping Kesler. If people aren't willing to pony up what he's worth they won't get him.

We'll probably take a look at moving players at the draft, when there's more wiggle room capwise for more teams.

Just don't understand why deal Luongo at this time? If your not going to deal other key members for picks/prospects, why not just keep Luongo and at least attempted making the 8th seed and go from there? Just don't understand the logic, you could have easily made a deal with Florida around the draft for Luongo because clearly they were interested, should have just treated the guy better and played this season out. Also regarding Kesler, how are you going to get better value around the draft? Teams realized if they traded for him now they would get three potential playoff runs out of him, now if we deal him at the draft you get lower value because it goes from three playoff rounds to two. Totally confused with the direction of this team.

You're right. It shows that management and ownership have no clue on how to properly run this team.

If they were planning on making the playoffs, they would have added SOME pieces in order to help with the offence. What do we get? Matthias. The problem wasn't the third or fourth line players; it was the top-six. Now that Daniel is injured, you have even less offence.

If they were planning on tanking, where are the draft picks for the upcoming deep draft year? Only one 5th round pick and it's a low one from the NYR.

Terrible planning.

Sportsnet Pacific@SNETPacific 4m

Kesler - "Good thing I listened to Lou. Said even if I wanted out it wasn't gonna happen." #Canucks

Ya....that won't cause issues hahahahaha

Read into it however you will. but does that comment, offhand or not sound like someone who is thrilled to still be here?

Everyone needs to calm the f*** down. Like seriously. He makes a move he gets a bunch of shi*, he doesnt make a move and he gets more shi*. You people don't realize that the NHL is nothing like NHL 14, you don't just get star players for scraps. And to you Luongo "fans" there are very few of you who supported him throughout this all. You guys are all bandwagoners and its stupid. People saying how he wasn't treated well here is crazy, he was a god for the first 6 years. Then he choked and people started to turn on him. He's a good goalie but he's not elite. He has accomplished nothing except a gold medal with the most stacked country in the world. He got outplayed by Schneider and Lack and he deserved to be replaced. A year ago we couldn't get shi*all for him and now Gillis gets a great return for him and Gillis sucks now? He got a great goalie prospect and a young big third line center for Luongo, a good goalie who sucks under pressure on a huge awful contract. Gillis doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is under a lot of pressure and still manages to have a good team. We are getting younger and Gillis has been great in his time here. Sure he's made a couple bad moves but they were only bad in hindsight. They made sense at the time. Gillis has done great with what he's been given. He turned this team into Stanley cup contenders for many years. Yes I support Gillis and yes I dislike Luongo but I still think what I said was true. I will say that the only thing Gillis did wrong was how he handled the goalie situation. I love our two goalies now but I loved Schneider. He was a gem. But also he could've gotten way more for him. Thats what pissed me off the most about that is that we had an offer way better and we declined because it was the same division. Who gives a shi*! Everyone needs to chill about Gillis doing nothing at the deadline. What did you want? He trades the whole team? Cmon be realistic. There's my long a$$ rant.

You're right. It shows that management and ownership have no clue on how to properly run this team.

If they were planning on making the playoffs, they would have added SOME pieces in order to help with the offence. What do we get? Matthias. The problem wasn't the third or fourth line players; it was the top-six. Now that Daniel is injured, you have even less offence.

If they were planning on tanking, where are the draft picks for the upcoming deep draft year? Only one 5th round pick and it's a low one from the NYR.

Terrible planning.

Eh?

This draft is weak after 50 so how does tanking help much? How would acquiring picks for this year help much regardless of our own standing? How does tanking affect draft picks we acquire?

Next year's draft is much deeper so what we do this year won't impact those selections. We can acquire those picks over the next 12 months.

This is convoluted logic.

Ya....that won't cause issues hahahahaha

Read into it however you will. but does that comment, offhand or not sound like someone who is thrilled to still be here?

So trade Kesler for a box of Pittsburgh scraps? If he truly does not want to be here he wont be by next season

get rid of Aquilani is more like it

if this ownership group is nixing trades because they want to try and get 2 playoff game they need to go

Sure and get an owner who only wants to spend to the cap floor. well heeled owners don't grow on trees, the Canucks have had cheap ba..erds before and you will wear a paper bag for a decade.

Archived