The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler is still a Canuck

Derp...

Huh? Do you think this year's draft is deep or that tanking this year affects our 2015 draft position?! Both are wrong.

We still have 15 months to accumulate 2015 draft picks.

No... we need to prepare for draft. This season's basically a write-off.

With this one, we're neither prepared for this year's draft nor is there a "plan". Not sure who's running the gongshow but this is a joke.

If I am running the team Kes sits until we trade him after that remark. Really I'd like Gillis to just open up about how many deals Kes and his agent shot down? That will tell the true tale here.

Exactly. Players need to learn that they can't embarrass and take shots at the team that pays them millions of dollars and get away with it. I would have scratched Luongo after that strombone account was created, but then again he kind of already got benched by being outplayed by his backup.... Twice

With this one, we're neither prepared for this year's draft nor is there a "plan". Not sure who's running the gongshow but this is a joke.

You just don't get it. There was no single player that we didn't deal today that we will lose in UFA.

Every player that could be traded can still be traded after the season or at the draft, or even next season to get 2015 picks.

You are freaking out because you want immediate results and don't understand the timing.

On a forum where thousands of people were watching waiting for anything they could pounce on to discredit the Canucks? Why not just pick up the fing phone if he wants to joke around.

Calculated and douche move.

keep twisting his words you should apply for a media position they need more people like you

Can't believe people actually thought Pittsburgh had close to the Assets that would acquire Kesler.

They could only afford a low level 3rd line/4th line center and that's what they got, just like I stated yesterday.

What about the 1st and a high end prospect?

So a 3rd line center...another LHD prospect and a late 1st round pick will save us?

And keeping Kesler also makes us a better team??? That has sure worked out well for us this season.

I find it very hard to believe that was the only offer on the table. As I have said I really hope there is a better trade for us at the draft. But if we get to next years deadline after an even worst season then this years where we are definite sellers and trade Kesler for less then what we could have gotten today then there is going to be a lot of explaining to do.

I hope you guys know,

Brent Sutter's ceiling is probably a really, really great 3rd line center. A late first rounder means nothing this year. And Derrick Pouliot alone is not worth Ryan Kesler.

Thank the heavens Gillis didn't pull the trigger. Hell, people are saying that Pouliot wasn't even apart of the package.

Sutter/1st and probably some other crappy prospect is TERRIBLE value.

The 2014 draft SUCKS. Reminds me of 1999 except for the fact that I don't think Reinhart or Ekblad will have anything close to a semblance of the Sedins' careers.

It's better than him walking in 2 years

So there is 0 option to trade him at all in the future? Trades are banned forever? You know for a fact he wants out and wont resign? And again Who said he wants out? You know just as much as I do about the behind the scenes work

Not even close and completely different years and availability. Collberg is a much better prospect than Connauton.

This year's prices were cheaper across the board. Last year the prices were higher. Every trade has a context.

And I'm not even interested in this debate, because I think it's dumb, I just want posters to correctly state facts in their arguments so that readers are not repeating the same inaccuracies over and over.

Misconceptions about factors start by incorrectly formed arguments. If you have a good point then make it with correct facts, please.

Yeah, I give up on trying to correct people. Maybe the odd post but no way I'm spending the time to correct people who really don't care to be corrected.

you are the one grasping at straws trying to turn his comment into he is displeased in still being here

Yeah the last guy to load his bags onto the bus for practice wasn't hoping to be traded at all.

Couldn't you have at least come up with some sort of argument other than the word IF? Is that all you got.? What I have backing me up is that he referenced a remark that is embarrassing for the organization and essentially quoted it for truth.

I guess that depends on what your definition of the word is is.

Yeah, I give up on trying to correct people. Maybe the odd post but no way I'm spending the time to correct people who really don't care to be corrected.

It's an internet forum, why are you bothering to correct people in the first place? lol

On a forum where thousands of people were watching waiting for anything they could pounce on to discredit the Canucks? Why not just pick up the fing phone if he wants to joke around.

Calculated and douche move.

Have you not seen the photobombs, the sarcasm, the joking around that Kesler has done his entire career in Vancouver? Did you slam him for discrediting the Canucks for all those things? God forbid a player have a sense of humour.

Archived