The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday vs. Calgary

jj99

We were 36-15-9 against teams not in the NW division so that makes no sense.

ok that's 81 out of a possible 120 points for a .675 winning %

in 2011 our winning % against the NW was almost .800

don't act like playing in that division didn't inflate our record

I know people want Jensen to be in our top 6 but he doesn't have an NHL game yet. He's made some questionable plays that could cost us the game. That turn over at the blueline was brutal. You don't make that play in a 1-1 game that you have to win. He has next to zero NHL experience, so I don't care if Burrows never scores again. Until Jensen can think the game better he's a liability out there.

The kids nervous and has a poor coach.

Watch him in the AHL and you'll realize he thinks the game well. I wouldn't judge him on this game considering the situation this team is in. Even a former Hart winner looks like a junior player right now.

At this point I'm only watching Canucks games to witness Burrows scoring his first goal of the season. I want to be there for that!

Yah. What will the reaction be?

Mayhem-like delight?

OR...resigned sigh of relief..with his head down...as he skates quickly back to the bench

Heck...what will OUR reactions (the fans) be?

You're right...that is reason to be there...lol ::D

ok that's 81 out of a possible 120 points for a .675 winning %

in 2011 our winning % against the NW was almost .800

don't act like playing in that division didn't inflate our record

It might have, but at the same time we played great vs. teams from other divisions.

this is depressing .. and its true what they said .. last year this time we had 2 very good goalies .. we traded them for maybes ... how can anyone not think this isn't mismanagement on a grand scale ????/// frack !!! disgusting

1) Horvat is that good.

2) Luongo lost his job, not once but twice

You can make a case about *how* the situation was played out, and how management really allowed the thing to take a life of its own. But, I have no problem with the yield we got for these guys in the end. Lack firing a .920+ as a rookie says only good things for the next 2-3 years.

For every awful Gillis decision, there's been an equally good one over the last six years. GM's don't often get the chance to build a Cup run and then unwind one, without losing their job to the latter.

That said, I really wish he hadn't given out so many NTCs. But, my guess is that he figured that was the price for getting such relatively cap-friendly deals out of some of these guys (despite some of them NOT looking so cap friendly here now....Burrows).

Archived