The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Sell the team!"

Herberts Vasiljevs

I'm not a hater, a flamer, nor a Negative Nancy. I just need to set something straight:

I feel horrible for Gillis. The Aquilinis are puppeteers and Gillis is the puppet in the spotlight of Charles Bridge in Prague.

Aquilini deserves more of the blame than anybody. It just sucks though that Gillis is their puppet and to most fans/haters, gets not some, but ALL the blame.

The reason why the Aquilinis didn't want Kesler traded was because they wanted to make more money during the playoffs...

WHAT THE HELL made them think we were even going to make the playoffs in the first place...

While Gillis has made some dumb moves, he's made some great moves. The worst part of all this is that we have Italian owners who are more concerned about making money rather than the direction of this team.

Can owners be fired? ;)

Answer: no.

But, we can let ownership know how we feel about it.

A thread was just made about a "Fire Gillis" chant, but that would be totally unfair. Over the last few years, whether it be CDC, twitter, media, this who Gillis hate debacle is just another Peter Pan "Following the Leader" effect...

Gillis has a good direction of where he wants this team to be in the future: enriched with youth, while remaining competitive along the way. It really IS a process.

The Aquilini's are involved in any move management makes. And don't kid yourselves guys, if there is a move made that would make this franchise lose money, even if it's for the good of the direction of this team, they have the say in what happens, and they won't let it happen.

MONEY MONEY MONEY. That's what the Aquilini's are about.

It's slowing us down, and again, Gillis has made his fair share of mistakes, but he is a damn good GM and knows where he wants this team to be.

On Saturday, the chant should be "SELL THE TEAM" rather than "FIRE GILLIS!!!" Ownership, we're not happy.

while I agree with a lot of what you are saying there HV, my biggest fear would be some tightwad shysters buying the franchise and really fracking it up. At least Aquiloonie spends to the cap and tries to give the team support staff over and above the norm (sleep doctors, really ?). Is his meddling infuriating ? I would say yes if he is in fact responsible for this Torts fiasco and if he does in fact hamstring MG's ability to do his job. But in all honesty if I owned the Canucks my greasy little fingers would be all over it as well. I've seen much darker days than this in 35 years of watching this team, and the last half dozen or so have been a pretty good ride so I think maybe everyone should just take a deep breath and ride this out for the rest of the year before going all "chicken little" over the situation. Plenty of time for changes in the off season.

i would love to see an ownership group in vancouver with some class .. lets be honest .. we could go far with local owners who cared about the canucks more than just the money they can make off towers and high ticket prices .. a man can dream

i would love to see an ownership group in vancouver with some class

Class = someone who supports the NDP

who cared about the canucks more than just the monet

Someone who wasn't a filthy rich old white dude.

Translating liberal doublespeak since 2000...

I'm not a hater, a flamer, nor a Negative Nancy. I just need to set something straight:

I feel horrible for Gillis. The Aquilinis are puppeteers and Gillis is the puppet in the spotlight of Charles Bridge in Prague.

Aquilini deserves more of the blame than anybody. It just sucks though that Gillis is their puppet and to most fans/haters, gets not some, but ALL the blame.

The reason why the Aquilinis didn't want Kesler traded was because they wanted to make more money during the playoffs...

WHAT THE HELL made them think we were even going to make the playoffs in the first place...

While Gillis has made some dumb moves, he's made some great moves. The worst part of all this is that we have Italian owners who are more concerned about making money rather than the direction of this team.

Can owners be fired? ;)

Answer: no.

But, we can let ownership know how we feel about it.

A thread was just made about a "Fire Gillis" chant, but that would be totally unfair. Over the last few years, whether it be CDC, twitter, media, this who Gillis hate debacle is just another Peter Pan "Following the Leader" effect...

Gillis has a good direction of where he wants this team to be in the future: enriched with youth, while remaining competitive along the way. It really IS a process.

The Aquilini's are involved in any move management makes. And don't kid yourselves guys, if there is a move made that would make this franchise lose money, even if it's for the good of the direction of this team, they have the say in what happens, and they won't let it happen.

MONEY MONEY MONEY. That's what the Aquilini's are about.

It's slowing us down, and again, Gillis has made his fair share of mistakes, but he is a damn good GM and knows where he wants this team to be.

On Saturday, the chant should be "SELL THE TEAM" rather than "FIRE GILLIS!!!" Ownership, we're not happy.

Francesco Aquilini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Aquilini

Francesco Aquilini (born 1960) is a Canadian businessman.

Ya just sound like a racist when you do that.

Interesting solution to the Canuck woes - but the more obvious solution is to let our new GM (coming in 34 days - yahoo!) rebuild the team with an actual plan rather than the patch-me-up Band-Aid style of reactionary moves that MG has thrust upon us for the last few years. I suspect our new G.M. will take a more responsible approach to trades and contracts - rather than the blindsighted, poorly conceived knee-jerk panic trades we've seen time and again.

Interesting solution to the Canuck woes - but the more obvious solution is to let our new GM (coming in 34 days - yahoo!) rebuild the team with an actual plan rather than the patch-me-up Band-Aid style of reactionary moves that MG has thrust upon us for the last few years. I suspect our new G.M. will take a more responsible approach to trades and contracts - rather than the blindsighted, poorly conceived knee-jerk panic trades we've seen time and again.

the poor man is so out of his league .. he should go back to the agent business ..

I suspect our new G.M. will take a more responsible approach to trades and contracts - rather than the blindsighted, poorly conceived knee-jerk panic trades we've seen time and again.

Switching the coach didn't improve the team. Switching the GM isn't going to the improve the team. Canning the players who aren't performing, starting with the Sedins? That's how you improve the team.

Switching the coach didn't improve the team. Switching the GM isn't going to the improve the team. Canning the players who aren't performing, starting with the Sedins? That's how you improve the team.

Well yes, but it would be nice if we had a GM who we can trust to get a decent return for those players. Gillis has proven that he's not up to the task.

Archived